Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
An young being

A strange dream of an owl

27 posts in this topic

I am not into lucid dreaming or anything related to dreaming, but I am open minded about such things. I have heard that dreams can be interpreted and I want to share my dream I had yesterday and anybody could interpret anything out of it.

Here is my dream, although I don't remember all the details:

The dream was happening outside my home, close to the entrance doors. An owl was sitting near the door on the steps. There was a dog, a locust and something else. The owl first pecked at the dog and it ran away, then it again pecked at the other two creatures, they also ran away. There was a snake running near me but the owl didn't take action. I was there wondering why the owl was not trying to eat the snake. That's all I remember. What may it signify? The last time I saw an owl like creature was in a Star wars rebels cartoon a month ago.

Any thoughts?

Eat light dinner.  Don't you dare eat complex high protein meals before bed if you don't wish to have weird ass dreams. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@An young being I absolutely love owls! I have a tattoo of one, too. I think they're amazing creatures.

Not sure about your dream, but owls are generally known as a symbol for Wisdom.

Edited by ivankiss

Don't you know why the owl didn't peck the snake?

The snake can kill the owl. Quickly.

The dog can kill the owl as well, but will generally back off, or give a better chance of escape if they dont.

Why, are you thinking of doing something dangerous? The owl says choose wisely.

I know that the owl is not a good sign. Also it sounds like it was a door guardian, along with the snake (also a symbol of deception). Maybe you had to confront them (your weaknesses, flaws) in order to enter. It definitely sounds like a meaningful dream. Not all dreams are important but you can pay attention to some of them as they're a reflection of your psyche and you can learn a lot about yourself.

Btw, if you click the video link in my signature, it shows that the owl is a sign of deception/illusion.

Edited by Member

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Eat light dinner.  Don't you dare eat complex high protein meals before bed if you don't wish to have weird ass dreams. 

? Advice taken! But I think that heavy food doesn't lead to funny dreams but it causes us to awake from a dream and hence we tend to remember it better 

11 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@An young being I absolutely love owls! I have a tattoo of one, too. I think they're amazing creatures.

Not sure about your dream, but owls are generally known as a symbol for Wisdom.

Yeah, in my conscious mind, I always consider them as a peaceful, lonely creature, although I don't know what was in my subconscious mind.

13 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Don't you know why the owl didn't peck the snake?

The snake can kill the owl. Quickly.

The dog can kill the owl as well, but will generally back off, or give a better chance of escape if they dont.

Why, are you thinking of doing something dangerous? The owl says choose wisely.

Sounds interesting, but don't owls eat snakes? That's why in the dream I was thinking why it was not eating the snake, and I was kinda afraid of the snake a bit, although it was smaller like a big worm.

6 minutes ago, Member said:

I know that the owl is not a good sign. Also it sounds like it was a door guardian, along with the snake (also a symbol of deception). Maybe you had to confront them (your weaknesses, flaws) in order to enter. It definitely sounds like a meaningful dream. Not all dreams are important but you can pay attention to some of them as they're a reflection of your psyche and you can learn a lot about yourself.

Btw, if you click the video link in my signature, it shows that the owl is a sign of deception/illusion.

Nice interpretation, will take the points! Although I don't blindly believe in dreams, I am starting to believe it's our deep buried unconscious mind trying to interact with the conscious mind and allow us to understand things we failed to understand consciously.

Hooo are you? Hooo? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

? Advice taken! But I think that heavy food doesn't lead to funny dreams but it causes us to awake from a dream and hence we tend to remember it better 

Yeah, in my conscious mind, I always consider them as a peaceful, lonely creature, although I don't know what was in my subconscious mind.

Sounds interesting, but don't owls eat snakes? That's why in the dream I was thinking why it was not eating the snake, and I was kinda afraid of the snake a bit, although it was smaller like a big worm.

Nice interpretation, will take the points! Although I don't blindly believe in dreams, I am starting to believe it's our deep buried unconscious mind trying to interact with the conscious mind and allow us to understand things we failed to understand consciously.

Did the owl eat the locust? Perhaps it wanted to scare away the creatures, not kill them. Yes it can kill the snake for food, but it doesnt want to peck at it.

I apologise if ive missed important details.

Jokes aside.

I think the Owl is wisdom, youre wise enough to deal with your laziness/distraction (dog) and (self)-destruction? or gluttony (locust) but not wise enough when it comes to dealing your with our own fear (snake). Just a shot in the dark, look up what these stand for, dreams are so very personal. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Lol guys are you for real? 

As if dreams have any meaning or inherent mechanics.  Owl means this and carrot means that.. Yeah yeah yeah.. And what about my last night dream I would pay you any amount of money if you could explain it lol. Dreams are completely absurd and meaningless.. One moment you are eating with your parents.. The next second you are playing tennis with dolphins lol. 

Dreams are simply manifestations of your subconscious mind.  You probably dream of things that you are thinking about too often or perceived them too often in the waking state. So for example if you keep thinking about a specific person all day it's almost guaranteed that you will Dream of him soon.  

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hooo are you? Hooo? ;)

I am the owl ! I am the dog ! I am the snake ! I am the dream as well.

8 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Did the owl eat the locust? Perhaps it wanted to scare away the creatures, not kill them. Yes it can kill the snake for food, but it doesnt want to peck at it.

I apologise if ive missed important details.

Yeah you are great! No, the owl didn't eat any of them, just drove them away. I can see that my mind is trying to tell me something or it may just be a mixture of random things, it's just a mystery!

10 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Jokes aside.

I think the Owl is wisdom, youre wise enough to deal with your laziness/distraction (dog) and (self)-destruction? or gluttony (locust) but not wise enough when it comes to dealing your with our own fear (snake). Just a shot in the dark, look up what these stand for, dreams are so very personal. 

Yeah, you seem to be close, but as you said I must introspect how I consider these things to be personally, to have a more accurate prediction. You have given me great clues, though. Thank you!

This thread has nice synchronicity. I was looking through an old journal shortly before seeing the thread, and i had drawn owls in it.

Then look at the post posted at the same time as my first post in this thread.

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Lol guys are you for real? 

As if dreams have any meaning or inherent mechanics.  Owl means this and carrot means that.. Yeah yeah yeah.. And what about my last night dream I would pay you any amount of money if you could explain it lol. Dreams are completely absurd and meaningless.. One moment you are eating with your parents.. The next second you are playing tennis with dolphins lol. 

Dreams are simply manifestations of your subconscious mind.  You probably dream of things that you are thinking about too often or perceived them too often in the waking state. So for example if you keep thinking about a specific person all day it's almost guaranteed that you will Dream of him soon.  

Yeah, I know most dreams are absurd and pointless, but now and then, few dreams come out which are very creative and has some kind of meaning. Why can't it be one part of my mind trying to explain me something good that I consciously choose to ignore?

6 minutes ago, Artsu said:

This thread has nice synchronicity. I was looking through an old journal shortly before seeing the thread, and i had drawn owls in it.

Then look at the post posted at the same time as my first post in this thread.

Wow! Freaking coincidence!!

@Someone here Ofc dreams have meaning because they are inside your head and are a reflection of your psyche. The subconscious mind picks up subtle/abstract cues that have to be decoded consciously. That doesn't mean that all dreams are important as most of the times is just mental junk/noise. But they aren't meaningless either.

Edited by Member

5 minutes ago, Member said:

Ofc dreams have meaning because they are inside your head. 

Woah that's a cool metaphysical assumption because my head is probably like 15 cubic cm.. How can it hold inside it a 1000 cubic cm world for example?. 

But anyways.. Dreams don't mean anything. Not even the waking world has any inherent meaning. Because meaning is relative to your interpretation. So in that sense yeah dreams have meanings which are basically whatever meaning you want to assign to them lol. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Member said:

It's interesting because I've been thinking about you yesterday. From your writing, you seem to be a genuine soul & I like you ^_^

Thank you ! I don't know if I have a genuine soul or not, but I am sure I have a very open mind. 

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Woah that's a cool metaphysical assumption because my head is probably like 15 cubic cm.. How can it hold inside it a 1000 cubic cm world for example?. 

But anyways.. Dreams don't mean anything. Not even the waking world has any inherent meaning. Because meaning is relative to your interpretation. So in that sense yeah dreams have meanings which are basically whatever meaning you want to assign to them lol. 

It's all information. Spacetime is not cubic lol, it is all in your solipsistic head. Meanings helps us to go further, so a good interpretation might make the difference. Not saying that we should trust dreams and become obsessed because that's not healthy lol. Imo, dreams are not less important than the real world, they are a reflection of your Self or your unresolved problems etc.