LifeLife

How Do You Make Gym Fun?

32 posts in this topic

I didn´t know about the top athletes situation on this. But hear me out, I had a knee injury that took a year and a half to get fully recovered from. In order to stop reinjruing the loose tendon I had to train all of my leg muscles after not being able to walk much or run for a year. I had no experience in training muscle because I found it boring. But I slowly discovered how to get into it because I had no choice.

If you find it boring this will eventually pass as you get used to it and use your creativity while doing exercise. Prepare a space where you can stand or lie down on a mat. Grab two small barbells and begin to circle them around close to your body a number of times in all the variations that you feel good doing. Lay on the floor next and do the same imporvising your own movements. Then stand up and bend at the waist here too with your head down imporvise all different movement pathways for the barbells. Relax as you move,  think Tai Chi or, yoga as inspiration. Let this authentic movement become your routine and add the other routine, you do now, to it little by little. If you get bored go back to improvising, trying to exercise all posible angles with light wieghts.

7 hours ago, ChimpBrain said:

Cannabis use is actually pretty common amongst ultra-endurance athletes and has been proven to have benefits in this particular realm of exercise. 

I've tried it for bodybuilding purposes and don't care for it personally. It reduces my level of aggression. 

yes, true. it makes me too little more mellow, so i wont use it for gym. for yoga it´s good.

22 hours ago, popi said:

@Richard Alpert  ???????? Well done!!!!

Weed before exercise. Healthy as fuck.

Well done. Do this people!!!

Weed is healthy.

Cannabis can also be eaten if you object to the smoke aspect.

14 hours ago, Richard Alpert said:

yes, true. it makes me too little more mellow, so i wont use it for gym. for yoga it´s good.

Sometimes the amount or variety can have the opposite effect. With todays high potency flowers getting the small dose I am ferering to can be challenging.Thats why I mix mine with 5 other natural smoking herbs when I am working outside in the winter making stone walls. Though I have noticed that doing the enlightenment work as suggested in this forum has shown me that weed is not necessary for relaxation and enjoyment etc. it is just easier to get in the short term for now Enlightenment is a difficult state to achieve with our conditioned egos in the way but much better of course once you get it. 

3 minutes ago, popi said:

Hemp?

Sure, hemp seed is really good for you, but I was saying a small amount the flowers ( or an oil prepared from them)  can be eaten as a way of slightly changing ones interpretation of situations.

I stopped all daytime use since I started the self help / realization , with good effect.

I do the following:

• If I'm doing any kind of cardio-training or similar I do it by engaging in some kind of activity I like (e.g. Mountain biking, swimming, basketball, running sprints etc.) For me personally, I love using my whole body to move and traverse land and water (It's hard to describe really.)
  • When I do strength-training (push ups, pull ups, squats etc.) I don't need to do anything. I love going hard like hardcore soldiers do or prison inmates. (Also another feeling that's hard to describe.)

Don't take workout as fun mate ;) 
Else you gotta suffer later. Have a good music that motivates you,analyse your fitness goal, crank it up and turn on them light! 

Another thing I would recommend everyone look into further is movement itself. Become the disciple of your own body and move just for the sake of moving. It opens up a whole new set of possibilities for training and embodiment that are unachievable at the gym. Start thinking about exercise as a way to explore different aspects of your body and motions instead of doing it as drudgery.

Look into the work of Ido Portal. The guy is just amazing and a true apprentice to movement itself. Bodily practices are also more meditative and will make you more in tune with your being.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w