Lyubov

Facebook will ban ads that present races or religions as threats

11 posts in this topic

Facebook is placing new restrictions on hateful content in ads, explicitly banning ads that encourage racial divisions. Specifically, the new policy will “prohibit claims that people from a specific race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or immigration status are a threat to the physical safety, health or survival of others.” The policy will also restrict ads that express contempt for immigrants or refugees.

More: https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/26/21304704/facebook-election-preparation-plan-2020-hate-speech-race

iZuck taking action only when sponsors pull their ads... Facebook was founded on libertarian free speech ideology. Seems like his staff are pulling him away from this. 

Facebook is growing up. Learning that there's more to business than profits. Shocking!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura lol, I don't think so, I think it is stage orange appealing to green because they are starting to see who is winning the "culture war"

13 minutes ago, louhad said:

@Leo Gura lol, I don't think so, I think it is stage orange appealing to green because they are starting to see who is winning the "culture war"

That's how it starts. Zuck is in the process of growing a Green consciousness. Early stages. It's hard to surrender what got him so high.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Facebook is growing up. Learning that there's more to business than profits. Shocking!

Isn't censorship a Blue thing to do? There's a very broad definition of what is considered 'hateful content' and that will get banned. I think it's based on a political agenda.

Because Google, Facebook and Youtube are doing this, there is an asking for free-speech platforms. There are a few cropping up like Bitchute.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

42 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Isn't censorship a Blue thing to do?

"Censorship" as you so sloppily call it, exists at all stages in various ways.

There's a very broad definition of what is considered 'hateful content' and that will get banned. I think it's based on a political agenda.

All regulation, by definition, becomes political as people have different survival values and will disagree about which regulations are necessary or valid.

Society will never not have regulation, and the regulation will always be grounded in some value set and worldview. There is no such thing as "without an agenda". You are complaining because it's not your agenda which being implemented. But any implementation of anything requires some agenda vs another.

Because Google, Facebook and Youtube are doing this, there is an asking for free-speech platforms. There are a few cropping up like Bitchute.

There will never be a mainstream non-toxic absolute "free speech" platform. The people who think Google, Facebook, and YT are violating their free speech are mostly trolls, cultists, fundamentalists, extremists, racists, homophobes, fascists, criminals, assholes, devils, and ignoramuses who cannot even understand the Constitution. So your "free speech" platform will aggregate the lowest scum on the internet and they will masturbate furiously together inside a toxic, self-reinforcing ideological echo-chamber without any adult supervision until some great evil precipitates, forcing law enforcement and the courts to shut it down. This is what happens on sites like 4chan. Although even 4chan has moderation and regulation, so it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

There cannot be any healthy social media site which goes unmoderated. This is clear as day if you have any experience running a forum. This is the whole reason that societies creates laws in the first place. If humans were responsible enough not to need laws, laws wouldn't exist. Every law is a restriction on freedom.

It took Facebook 16 years to ban hateful ads?

Well, better late af than never

33 minutes ago, Hansu said:

to ban hateful ads

But ma FREEEDOM!

What kind of country do we live in when I'm not even allowed to hate other people and then pay giant corporations to infect their customers with my hatred via toxic, manipulative, clickbaity memes?

Ben Franklin is rolling in his grave right now.

A well done series if anyone isn't familiar with the history of Facebook and the issues it poses