Leo Gura

Populist Ideology

86 posts in this topic

This video accurately captures how painful the materialist paradigm really is. It then mixes it in with right-wing populism/libertarianism.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Community EVOLVES!

We live in a 21st century alienated community. Just because this community gives you the freedom to be alienated and distant does not mean it's any less of a community. Just the opposite. Only in a serious community are you given the luxury of individualism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Speaking of populism, are all progressives populists?

Don't necessarily think of populism as a pejorative, but the last five to ten years has made it abundantly clear how ugly things can get when populism runs off the rails. 

Perhaps it's just my pragmatism speaking, but my sense is populism on its own is neutral, and whatever value judgements we attach to it are going to ultimately depend on who's wielding it and for what purposes it's being used.

Is the person using it for the purposes of pushing for Universal Healthcare and a $15 minimum wage? Or are they using it to put children into cages?

You don't have to dive into conspiracy land to see that many needed reforms in America are blocked by moneyed interests who use thier influence and power to work against the public good (take your pick: the Health Care Industry, the Private Prison Industry, etc).

I'll agree that both right wing and left wing populism have thier shortcomings, but at least in the US there are a limited number of avenues that can realistically be used to reform aspects of our system that are badly in need of fixing.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/