capriciousduck

Shy

14 posts in this topic

I feel shy about myself. I don't know why. Do you have anything to say? Does shyness hinder personal development?

@capriciousduck You have to practice not being shy. It's a skill. Leo has some videos I think on this. Just say what's on your mind. 

I love your dog. What's their name?

This is my mo
82178097_2762407930654672_7087410848423386468_n.jpg

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

It doesn't necessarily hinder your personal development. It may keep you from running into destructive people..

Or it could make you appear more mysterious. Perhaps you should become more shy? :D

@capriciousduck You are shy because you are scared and care too much about what people think of you. There is a difference between being introverted and not having much of a desire to share yourself with the world, and then simply being unable to share yourself with the world because you are crippled by your shyness.

If the thought of "I'm just a quiet, shy person. It's my personality" crosses your mind, realize that's just a bullshit rationalization your mind makes so you don't have to put in the work of facing the problem head on, which is the only way it will get solved.

Yes it can hinder personal development. So you need to learn to express yourself authentically, without apologizing for it. Accept yourself unconditionally prior to everyone else's feedback, not after.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, JessiChell said:

You have to practice not being shy. It's a skill.

I agree you are probably shy because you haven't trained the skill enough.

Imo, don't dig into what might be wrong with you/all the reasons why you are shy, don't make up stories that become limiting beliefs. Just practice! :)

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

If the thought of "I'm just a quiet, shy person. It's my personality" crosses your mind, realize that's just a bullshit rationalization

Yes and no, If you don't talk to people even though you could do easily do so, there is no problem with that. The problem is mostly if you avoid it because you are afraid of the consequences etc.. Being a quiet person is totally fine, if it is really, as @Roy said "an authentic expression".

Hey, watch Leo's video: "how awareness alone is curative", where in one portion of that video he talked about this issue of being shy and how you can overcome it with the help of your awareness, it might be helpful for you.

2 hours ago, capriciousduck said:

I feel shy about myself. I don't know why. Do you have anything to say? Does shyness hinder personal development?

I too get shy and insecure from time to time. It's not a nice spot to be in.

You might be holding back and/or not giving yourself permission to shine brightly. 

Through my introspection; I came to a realization that it's all because of unworthiness. Which is very deeply rooted, in my case. The reason could be anything. - Bad parenting, trauma, abuse, bullying, rejection, negligence, abandonment... But that's not all that important, really. What's important is that you focus on healing and reclaiming your power. Matt Kahn does a wonderful job at guiding one through this process. You might find this video beneficial;

Focus on self - empowerment. All else should fall right in place.

Best of luck! ?

Edited by ivankiss

Thank you everyone. All your answers are helpful. Yes, I will be doing what some you said me to do. If I come up with some doubts, I'll come back here.

I love YOU! 

*No shyness!*

@capriciousduck Plippie looks incredibly enlightened. I love him. He is everything <3

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

On 6/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, Godhead said:

Yes and no, If you don't talk to people even though you could do easily do so, there is no problem with that. The problem is mostly if you avoid it because you are afraid of the consequences etc.. Being a quiet person is totally fine, if it is really, as @Roy said "an authentic expression".

Indentity and personality are separate things, be careful not to confuse the two!

hrhrhtewgfegege