Galyna

How do I experience now with no concepts? - Peter Ralston

21 posts in this topic

Something I would like to share, was ordering his book ("Pursuing Consciousness" )and found this video:

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna just be aware of the thoughts, feelings, and attachments of yourself. When you realize there is an awareness right behind of everything and aware of everything, be stuck with that. After that sooner or later you will have direct experience without judgment thoughts and expectations. The key is being aware of the moment and body. Watch it, dont get attached.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 thanks , it is exactly what I am doing right now, I mentioned it in my other posts ?

but honestly it is on and off during the day, losing it, then remember about it again. But I am aware at least couple of times during one hour, but can’t hold this awareness for a long time, drowning in the objects or people. 

13 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@James123 thanks , it is exactly what I am doing right now, I mentioned it in my other posts ?

Great :) ? 

14 minutes ago, Galyna said:

but honestly it is on and off during the day, losing it, then remember about it again. But I am aware at least couple of times during one hour, but can’t hold this awareness for a long time, drowning in the objects or people. 

Thats the reason why, Peter Raltson, Osho, Krishanamurti vs. says that they sacrifice everything for awareness. 

Peter doesn't emphasis awareness. In fact, at a workshop he mentioned to us people talking about awareness is a real trap because then people create another form of identity around it. Just an interesting tid bit.

@Consilience awareness is just a word. We are trying to mention just a being. 

1 minute ago, James123 said:

@Consilience awareness is just a word. We are trying to mention just a being. 

Im not against the word awareness or being. Im just commenting on what Peter said since he was mentioned as sacrificing all for awareness. I thought the people may be interested in his direct calling out of the word which contrasts what was claimed about his position. 

24 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Im not against the word awareness or being. Im just commenting on what Peter said since he was mentioned as sacrificing all for awareness. I thought the people may be interested in his direct calling out of the word which contrasts what was claimed about his position. 

When you are just being, you actually can not describe it with words, because word adds something on it, because of that any word or anything can not describe it. It is just a direct being without anything. 

11 hours ago, James123 said:

When you are just being, you actually can not describe it with words, because word adds something on it, because of that any word or anything can not describe it. It is just a direct being without anything. 

It feels like you keep trying to take a teacher role in this tread and are ignoring the stated intention of why I commented haha. I appreciate the gesture but everything your writing Ive already realized many times. I was only trying to make sure Ralston wasn't misrepresented, I don’t need any more conceptual understanding of being or awareness.  

12 hours ago, Consilience said:

at a workshop

how much was the workshop? and where was the location? I want to attend one as well, just curious. Is it in San Francisco?

14 hours ago, Galyna said:

Something I would like to share, was ordering his book ("Pursuing Consciousness" )and found this video:

Watched this. Great snippet.

By using the immobility of being one experiences beyond mind.

Edited by Jacobsrw

4 minutes ago, Consilience said:

It feels like you keep trying to take a teacher role in this tread

I do not think that he wants to be a teacher;). We are just "talking" and since there is not a lot to talk:D we have to share ideas somehow. 

@Consilience @James123  Have you guys read any of his (Ralston's) books? 

13 hours ago, Consilience said:

. I thought the people may be interested in his direct calling out of the word which contrasts what was claimed about his position. 

I was trying to explain why this happened brother. I am not a teacher. 

@Galyna i have read half of principle of effortless power. It is about martial arts connection with awareness. 

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

It is about martial arts connection with awareness. 

Oh good to know, I do not think it is something that I will like it. But I have ordered another book, no worries.

36 minutes ago, Galyna said:

@Consilience @James123  Have you guys read any of his (Ralston's) books? 

I'm halfway through the Book of Not Knowing.  If you want to pursue enlightenment I HIGHLY recommend it!  It's a great compliment to Leo's videos... providing an incredibly detailed deconstruction of the process of thought, conception, and construction of self.

I think Book of Not Knowing is remarkable, and Genius of Being (the last in the trilogy) is no less of an achievement. However, to get the best out of it, BONK must be read first (and several times over).

@Flyboy Okay, wonderful, I have a book list+The Ultimate Life Purpose Course, so all my books are from that list. 

Thank you for your feedback, I am looking forward reading it :) 

@Corpus Lol,:D have not placed my order yet, okay, if you say so...will order three at a time. 

Actually these three books in bundle on Amazon.

Edited by Galyna

25 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Oh good to know, I do not think it is something that I will like it. But I have ordered another book, no worries.

I am doing mma for years, thats the reason why i got that book. Lol :)