NorthNow

Is non-duality hedonistic?

13 posts in this topic

The pursuit of pleasure and happiness above all. 

I often hear that true non-duality is the embodiment of absolute love. That, as Leo has stated, it is an orgasm beyond all orgasms. 

So the inevitable motion of society and evolution towards awakening is at its core hedonistic 

Edited by NorthNow

Not necessarily. One can operate within the illusion of duality through detachment. However, if one’s sense of fulfilment is externally dependent then this is hedonism.  

Is asking a question hedonistic? Do you seek satisfaction in the response to it, or the discussion, in knowing the answer?

The more you seek pleasure and avoid pain the more you learn that it's futile. Examining what it is that seeks that and what it seeks and what it's trying to avoid is removing oneself from the problem.

However if someone tries to hack hedonism and seeks to gain a state of enlightenment for the pleasure seeking, pain avoiding self, IN ORDER TO be "above it all", they are still seeking pleasure and avoiding pain. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Yes, there is an argument for that to be the case. The reason I want to understand the world around me is because humans are pattern seeking creatures. We only continued as a species because of our ability to understand the world around us. That is clearly favored in natural selection and thus the recognition of pattern is rewarding. 

4 minutes ago, NorthNow said:

Yes, there is an argument for that to be the case. The reason I want to understand the world around me is because humans are pattern seeking creatures. We only continued as a species because of our ability to understand the world around us. That is clearly favored in natural selection and thus the recognition of pattern is rewarding. 

I see you got your survival handled, death seeker :D 

7 minutes ago, NorthNow said:

@mandyjw Yes, there is an argument for that to be the case. The reason I want to understand the world around me is because humans are pattern seeking creatures. We only continued as a species because of our ability to understand the world around us. That is clearly favored in natural selection and thus the recognition of pattern is rewarding. 

So THAT'S why nerdy guys make me hot. Hmm.. Always thought there was something wrong with me.

As I just illustrated above, the self is the problem itself, the self wants to see itself a certain way and views itself as the threatened or beneficiary experiencer of all experience. 

There's no one to benefit from enlightenment, but the seeking of it is hedonistic and will be until there's no self. And that's fine. Cause there was no self anyway, and hedonism is a concept made up by someone who thinks the opposite is better and more fulfilling. Bahahaha. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@NorthNow The answer is that you're the only one who gets to decide. So whatever answer makes you happy is right. 

1 hour ago, NorthNow said:

So the inevitable motion of society and evolution towards awakening is at its core hedonistic 

The duality is that the good feeling is coming from people, things, objects, experiences, etc, until it is noticed that it is not. Then it seems rather obvious that it never was.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@NorthNow Love, happiness, peace and bliss are all natural. All completely effortless.

What does take a great amount of effort though; is to feel bad, stay disconnected and be confused.

Is an ocean hedonistic because I enjoy swimming in it?