Consept

Sadhguru on Black Lives Matter

39 posts in this topic

Yea he made a very good point about more black police officers. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

"Every one lives matter" xD

@Dutch guy it's a dirty game, politics, never been my cup of tea. Stay true to yourself, you may not find those willing to play fair around here but you can still speak your truth (unless it's deemed a conspiracy), that's what counts ;)

don't waiver or be led into devilish boxes, that's what this whole game is focused on, ignorant minds like to keep the separation ALIVE xD

beats doing the work aye, until it doesn't 

12 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

"Every one lives matter" xD

@Dutch guy it's a dirty game, politics, never been my cup of tea. Stay true to yourself, you may not find those willing to play fair around here but you can still speak your truth (unless it's deemed a conspiracy), that's what counts ;)

don't waiver or be led into devilish boxes, that's what this whole game is focused on, ignorant minds like to keep the separation ALIVE xD

beats doing the work aye, until it doesn't 

What you on about? 

2 minutes ago, Consept said:

What you on about? 

i am just saying hi to a minority around here 9_9

What's with you? 

I like the idea of more localized law enforcement like starting in Minneapolis 

2 minutes ago, Consept said:

Saying hi to a minority yeah? What kind of reaction you looking for?

got anything else? 

Just now, Consept said:

What did you want, outrage, anger, whats your favourite?

i want you dude, do you know who you are? 

1 minute ago, Consept said:

lol good luck bro, not sure what youre gonna get from trolling, but you wont get much from me 

Who said i was trolling? This is your thread, I thought maybe you wanted to share your concerns/ideas/etc. 

@Consept @DrewNows He's not trolling, he's simply stating how we are all one. This entire movement is just the masses creating separation.  

A few points that caught me attention:

1. Changing laws and changing hearts/minds. For example, in the U.S. there are anti-discrimination laws in place for hiring practices, yet this does not address the underlying hearts/minds that would be motivated to discriminate based on race, sexual orientation, gender etc. 

2. Cruelty to animals is not far from cruelty to humans. I hadn’t thought about it like this before. Engaging in cruelty to animals, could de-sensitize someone to cruelty to humans. 

3. Selective cruelty. In addition to selective animal cruelty, there is selective human cruelty. For example, during the U.S. invasion of Iraq, I noticed many Americans had selective cruelty. Many Americans clearly valued American lives over Iraqi lives. When there were reports about innocent Iraqi’s being abused, held in horrific prisons or killed, it just didn’t move many Americans. There was this sense of the “other”. Yet when they saw news about an American reporter, American tourist or soldier being abused by Iraqis, they would get MUCH more upset and even outraged lusting for revenge over those “barbaric bastards”.  I’m trying to think of an area I engage in being ok with “selective cruelty” to a living being. . . Perhaps with an aborted embryo or fetus. I was raised in a religious home that was very pro-life. Yet it never stuck. I then went off to the University and studied science. I’ve always thought it best to reduce the number of abolition’s, yet I never felt much empathy for an embryo or fetus. I’ve had to put effort into understanding how someone would get so upset about killing an embryo/fetus as well as developing empathy in this area. . . However, if I am hiking in a forest, I easily have empathy for a deer and hope a hunter doesn’t shoot it. 

— One thing I would add is the importance of spending time with people that have different life experiences, races and perspectives than one’s self. Whoever one is uncomfortable with. That could be a certain race, sexual orientation and nationality. And getting to know that person. At my academic institution, every student majoring in a language has to study abroad in a foreign culture for at least one year. It’s something I’d like to see as a requirement for all students, yet it might be difficult to do logistically. 

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Id consider saying 'im just saying hi to a minority' trolling 

I was talking to @Dutch guy because I wasn’t able to post in the thread he made....not trolling you brother ?

btw Sadhguru is easing the tension in the distracted minds of many 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Cruelty to animals is not far from cruelty to humans. I hadn’t thought about it like this before. Engaging in cruelty to animals, could de-sensitize someone to cruelty to humans. 

This is so true. Especially all the points you collected from the video. I also agree with those. And think about serial killers. It has been shown by research that most serial killers started out by killing animals. So what he says is true. 

28 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

btw Sadhguru is easing the tension in the distracted minds of many 

So true 

Nobody really understands that we need more unity and not division. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Nobody really understands that we need more unity and not division. 

Well sometimes we need more division until unity is realized 

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Well sometimes we need more division until unity is realized 

Well then I hope for the best outcome and some peace and healing for mother earth. Namaste. ??