Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JessiChell

Isolation Retreat

21 posts in this topic

One day till I leave for my 6 day isolation retreat. 

I have seen Leo's blog for isolation. Mine will be a little rougher. I'll be in the mountains in a yurt. No fridge so I'll cook over fire. 

I have print outs for yoga flow. 
I will be doing meditation and mindfulness but not for 8 hours a day. Maybe a few hours of meditation a day.
My intention is to face complete loneliness and hopefully bring up inner trauma to work through it. 

So the intention of this post is to get one video (or tips) you recommend from Leo before I go. I will watch it tonight when I finish packing. I'm thinking one that teaches you to kill your ego? Something that will force me to reflect or give me a technique to work on myself while I'm out there. 

I've seen self-love, strong emotion, and a lot of others but if you comment, I will let you know if I've seen it. 

Thank you. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

Check out the two episodes of contemplation.

Just a side note: Don't try to "kill" your ego. That's quite a neurotic way to look at it. Instead, work out your emotional/psychological issues and traumas and work on accepting yourself fully with self-love. You won't be able to do this in 6 days, that's for sure, but this kind of solo retreat is a perfect way to start this progress.

@nistake

Christ they're long af. Okay, I will add to my list. 

11 minutes ago, nistake said:

Just a side note: Don't try to "kill" your ego. That's quite a neurotic way to look at it. Instead, work out your emotional/psychological issues and traumas and work on accepting yourself fully with self-love. You won't be able to do this in 6 days, that's for sure, but this kind of solo retreat is a perfect way to start this progress.

Okay. I don't think I will ever "kill" my ego even if there was a way to do so. I'm not that deep into it. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
-Russell Bufalino

Try to enjoy whatever silence you can have apart from the mental chatter.

Try to get addicted to that silence.

And realize how loneliness is just a state or mental construction when you're washed over with pure silence where no ideas/concept exist.

Just being.

@fi1ghtclub I'll try my hardest, my man. 

-Russell Bufalino

A little bit of LSD? :D 

Make a goal to love your ego in this retreat, not to kill ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@dimitri I wanted to do LSD or something like that. But I've never done it before and my friend who use to do them all time told me, "no." He was the only place I could have gotten them so. 

He said he wants to be there the first time so I don't freak out. I feel like I'd be fine. But whatever

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell sure, for full dose you need a sitter for the first time. But you can do 10ug (microdose), it would make your retreat so much more enjoyable and productive :D 

@dimitri How do you get this?

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell sourcing is not allowed in the forum. Ask your friend ;)  

@IJB063 He needs to feel "in control." His need to feel this way doesn't bother me. I don't seem him ever.

-Russell Bufalino

@dimitri He won't give me information where to get it or give it to me without him being there the first time. And I refuse to take him on my retreat. 

It's fine. I'll do without. 

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell sure, it was just a suggestion. You don't need psychedelics.

I remembered doing 2 days retreat some time ago: 

Was a great time, wish you a great time too ?

3 hours ago, JessiChell said:

So the intention of this post is to get one video (or tips) you recommend from Leo before I go.

You can always use the search function in Youtube. First result : "Leo's Solo Meditation Retreat - 90 Hours Of Nonstop Meditation In The Forest". And it's only 40 mins.

@EnlightenmentBlog Thank you, I've seen it, as stated in the OP. 

-Russell Bufalino

@JessiChell OK. Didn't get that. Another suggestion, not from Leo, but one that can more accurately illustrate the effects of isolation, especially over long periods of time - prison isolation/solitary confinement. There are some interesting parallels.

All the luck. Peace V 

@EnlightenmentBlog Thank you for your suggestion. 

-Russell Bufalino

@dimitri How did your Vipassana go? Did the meditation bring you out of your daydream?

I'm thinking i should implement more meditation to keep from daydreaming. Because I'm a hardcore daydreamer. 

-Russell Bufalino

4 hours ago, JessiChell said:

@nistake

Christ they're long af. Okay, I will add to my list. 

Watching those two episodes takes like ~3 hours. If learn how to contemplate properly and implement it in your daily life, you can get insights that can change the trajectory of your life in the best way possible. Wouldn't you say it's worth it?