Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

How Do You Overcome Rejection/put Downs

8 posts in this topic

When talking to someone, and they reject you, how do you overcome it? I don't just limit this to sexuality, but in business interviews, asking someone if you can join their group, when you are marketing(door knocking) and get rejected when someone doesn't like your product or services? Etc. 

How do you not get discouraged enough to continue doing the process that led to the rejection? For example asking for a girl's phone number/for sex, or going to investors to get some money for your business?

You don't lose, you learn. And because you learn a lesson with every little thing that happens, you actually win. So the words "winning" and "losing" don't matter anymore. It is your choice. You can feel like a victim or you can proudly present your battle scars. 

@electroBeam

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

When talking to someone, and they reject you, how do you overcome it?

You might reject my comment here.  That is fine, but if you think about it, it might help.

What you are doing is looking to find your identity in other people.

You don't understand your own identity yet, or your real self either.  So all you have really got is to look for a definition of yourself to be reflected back to you from others.

This is a losing game.  

It is very easy for you to overcome any rejection once you develop your awareness to a high level. You will see that there is no YOU who got rejected in the first place. And that this whole game is a total illusion and that the only one who is creating the suffering and the idea of rejection is YOU.

When you know this, you can DROP this idea and suffering easily and do whatever you want ^_^

@electroBeam If I approach you on the street with a gift in my hand and you decide not to accept it, whose gift is it then? 

The gift is still mine as I have lost nothing. In another case when you have accepted my gift, great! I can produce more gifts from within myself. More for one and more for all. Give, give, give. 

Be the source of it all and you find that no one can take any amount of happiness away from you. Just pure unconditional without expectations. You want to share your inner happiness with this person and if they don't except your gift, let them Be Happy, and move on unaltered, cool, and strong.

Hope this helps :) 

Edited by JustinS
word

23 minutes ago, JustinS said:

@electroBeam If I approach you on the street with a gift in my hand and you decide not to accept it, whose gift is it then? 

The gift is still mine as I have lost nothing. In another case when you have accepted my gift, great! I can produce more gifts from within myself. More for one and more for all. Give, give, give. 

Be the source of it all and you find that no one can take any amount of happiness away from you. Just pure unconditional without expectations. You want to share your inner happiness with this person and if they don't except your gift, let them Be Happy, and move on unaltered, cool, and strong.

Hope this helps :) 

Great quote. I will remember this when I feel rejected!

Realize that people are not trained in good communication. So they might treat you in a way that hurts your feelings without even knowing or intending to. They are acting automatically with the tools of communication they have in that moment ( probably unedited and dysfunctional). If I, being trained in communication, wanted to reject your ideas I would not have to hurt your feelings while doing so, infact I would try to ensure we would still be on friendly terms no matter what. So you might remember this when out there with people - they make alot of mistakes and some of them are hurtful, and they just cant do any better, for now sorry. Forgive them and be sure you dont do the same ( hurt peoples feelings) when talking to them. 

On the other side there is you, you have interpreted untrained peoples rejections as insult and reacted with negative emotions. Somewhere you learned  to do this, but it is not the only option for you. Easier to change your response to others than change other people ( even they cant change themselves very easily). Both of these identity improvements you can make but will take time for you. If you practice and use good technique in a few months you wont be hurt by others  rejections.  

@popi Glad it helped!

When a person that is living from the Source from within meets another that also does the same; such purity, bliss, and unity. This is healthy.