AlwaysBeNice

Power of Christianity

39 posts in this topic

We are seriously fortunate to be based in a tradition which has this religion as it's basis.

I know, we are spiritual and we have learned to be above it, right, learned all about it's limitations and dogmas, falsehood.

But the core is actually based on Love and Oneness with God and the Holy spirit, surrender and sacrifice.

That's immense, even that these words exist and are and can be used in the first place, seriously.

We shouldn't condemn the tradition, you can see it's based in truth with the understanding, i.e. you will live in hell if you cannot love life or god, you see.

With right practice of love, and prayer (and being still), Christianity is immensely powerful.

Yes often they separate themselves from God, which is also true if they are talking about the false ego, that idea is unreal and not good or god you see.

I've recently come across Dan Mohler and Todd White.

Really amazing they are devoted to living this, I think especially Dan is really advanced, this video, though i am only 40 minutes in, is a great example.

And ye, you don't have to Jesus so literally, but it can be positively seen as a symbol or even symbol of righteousness and surrender in unconstitutional love and still quite amazing there for, real story or not, the symbol can be still pure.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/unity-bible-verses/

Love is transcendental, so it doesn't matter what you believe in as long as you realize REALITY is love and you drop your ego.

The problem with christianity is how dogmatic it is.

Love is the eternal dance of primordial polarities. So that's all there is. The appearance of duality.

Love is all there is. 

Edited by justfortoday

Edit: removed some, dont want to divert from Dan for now, the video is really good.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

Hey, I 100% percent believe in God.

YOU are God by the way.

That's true. Don't forget all other religions share the same message. For me it's too much BS to filter through.

18 minutes ago, EnlightenmentBlog said:

That's true. Don't forget all other religions share the same message. For me it's too much BS to filter through.

"If he dies, he dies" - Rocky IV

"This is Spartaaaaaaa" - 300

"Life is too short, stay weird" - Deadpool

Right.

Jk :P

Christianity has alot of good values that get overshadowed by its dogmatism. Things like prayer, community, healing, charity, helping people get out of drug abuse etc. Are all great things. Its like Leo once said "Blue is an aping of Turquoise" Mainstream Christianity is like an aping of true spirituality. But it gets alot of flack from people who dont understand its purpose. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@AlwaysBeNice You got me there :) I'm an atheist movie lover. I'd turn to the movies before Christianity. But that's just me. I'm glad it works for you. Peace V

4 hours ago, EnlightenmentBlog said:

@AlwaysBeNice You got me there :) I'm an atheist movie lover. I'd turn to the movies before Christianity. But that's just me. I'm glad it works for you. Peace V

Well, study is rather boring and useless, albeit good to some degree, compared to meditation, prayer and loving. Because a lot is involved, also a reason why this process takes time so you don't sabotage yourself too much, destabilize in relationship or functional or become delusional.

Because there is truth to some degree to magic and all. Also related to this process.

This man is also very interesting to study, he was devoted to satan (or dark forces, or perverted ego in otherwords) and evil.

Take it with a grain of salt, he can dramatize also in my view but a very interesting story and quite genuine imo

No, the problem isint that Christians take Jesus literally, the problem is that they don't take him literally ENOUGH! I am pretty sure that what you *actually* are right now in your direct experience *is* what is being referred to in the Bible as "Jesus"....***literally*** the book is pointing to you and your direct experience right now.

22 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

We shouldn't condemn the tradition, you can see it's based in truth with the understanding

Absolutely yah. But the problem is, religion acts like a sign post that points to truth, or a step that must be stepped on to reach a higher truth. The problem is people begin to worship the sign post and treat it as the truth, instead of a meer reflection of the truth. Then this is what happens:

Mr John Doe becomes a Christian, he believes in the reflection and labels himself "born again". However, he isn't actually transformed, because he hasn't *actually* met God, he's met a reflection of God.

He quickly notices that the scriptures (that talk about how a born again person *naturally and automatically* acts) do not match up. The Bible says John should have a new heart with holier desires. But he doesent, so he has to force himself to act like he has been transformed. Which is why church is basically a morality center. And this is quite exhausting. Takes a lot of effort to pretend you are something you are not 100% of the time. And the thing is, if he just realized that he didn't exist, he'd realize that he is God and then he would actually be transformed.

Romans 12:2 

"...be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Matthew 11:28-30

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Matthew 23:1-9

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees are the official interpreters of the law of Moses.[a] 3 So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don’t follow their example. For they don’t practice what they teach. 4 They crush people with unbearable religious demands and never lift a finger to ease the burden.

5 “Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels.6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’[c]

8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.[d] 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’ for only God in heaven is your Father."

Matthew 5:17 

"Do not think that I (Jesus/You) have come to remove religion; I have not come to destroy it but to fulfill it." 

You are fulfilling religion. And like the prophecy of Jesus says, you will be put to death and be born a second time (born again) as the prince of light, eternal, in heaven with God, as God, forever.

Edited by Aaron p

Good points.

Not to condemn the tradition as a whole* would be a better statement, I'm really appreciating the tradition or part of it atm.

But it's powerful, to always have had a grudge against it, and to now see that with right understanding it is completely loveable and powerful to be able to love that name, as a symbol of the heart that has guided and build and protected even my civilization for a long time, despite the faults and dogmas. For sure a part of my ego was the rejection of it, resistance to it, precisely because of the wide spread hypocrisy associated with it.

Dan's nice to listen to also, a real gem, more interesting than a lot of common spiritual teachers.

Edit, wew nice quotes 

This is an another example of true courage and devotion, it will trigger you, i promise 

@AlwaysBeNice If you are into testimonies of Christians, maybe this list might be of interest to you. About 5 or 6 months ago I began a project of searching the web for the best testimonies of the supernatural / spirit realm out there. My plan is to eventually get to exhaustively explore testimonies from all religions and philosophies. I began my search by narrowing my focus mainly on Christianity first (since it is the most popular religion in the world) in order to get a clear and complete picture of the kinds of testimonies they report, and then eventually switch focus to and repeat the process with Islam, then Hinduism, then Buddhism, New Age, Witchcraft, etc. The thing is, I've been going down the "Christianity rabbit hole" for several months now and there are very powerful testimonies out there. I was mind blown. Take a look at the top testimonies from the list.

Edited by WellbeingSeeker

@WellbeingSeeker if you are looking for an account of the spirit realm in the Christian context, I recommend you google 'Emanuel Swedenborg'.

Edited by Petals

39 minutes ago, Petals said:

@WellbeingSeeker if you are looking for an account of the spirit realm in the Christian context, I recommend you google 'Emanuel Swedenborg'.

@Petals awesome, I'll check it out.

Below some legal links to 19th and 20th century books on infinite love from a Christian perspective on googlebooks, including many excerpts available to read there

51vuznEDkQL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Little_Book_of_the_Work_of_Infinite_Love/6_WNDAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq="infinite+love"&printsec=frontcover

THE LITTLE BOOK OF THE WORK OF INFINITE LOVE is a brief summary of the life and mission of Mother Louise Margareet Claret de la Touche (1868-1915), a Visitation Sister to whom Our Lord gave many intimate details concerning the love of His Sacred Heart for men. 

Of special importance are her revelations about the Sacred Heart and the Priesthood, showing how Our Lord desires to transform the world by love in particular, by the superabundant supernatural love He desires His priests to show mankind.

This Little Book also contains a description of the Priests Universal Union of the Friends of the Sacred Heart, which Mother Louise founded, an outline of their duties, and selected from her writings. This last will be found suffused with simplicity, directness and holy penetration common to all the Saints.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lZE8GpTx_o.png

JvuE1W0y_o.png

https://books.google.com/books?id=qoZleh9ulb0C&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=Infinite+Love.+By+By+Euboulos&source=bl&ots=haHF3VRdAZ&sig=ACfU3U1yST_5frMtBq5Rc4f8gL_yA4Vtmw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq0bSPj_XpAhVuoXIEHVuPAKAQ6AEwAXoECAwQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Infinite Love: a meditation  1867
by Euboulos Basanistes 

On 6/9/2020 at 4:48 PM, Nak Khid said:

@AlwaysBeNice 

To say "You are God" is that Christian? 

No Christians believe to claim that you are God is of the devil. Of course there's a very fine line between an enlightened one speaking the truth of their realization that they are God, and an inflated ego thinking that it is so brilliant that it is God. The devil and Jesus both claimed to be Good in Christianity...and so it's nearly impossible to talk about it and figure it out that way. 

The Christians that find truth are the ones who lean not on their own understanding, those who listen directly to the voice of the holy ghost and do what it says. It's extremely rare for a Christian to *only* listen to the voice of the holy spirit though. Extremely rare. 

I think the easiest way would be to somehow convince them that psychedelics are "of god," or "of the earth and natural and godly" then just get them to snort 5meo haha. Mushrooms maybe. Psychedelics are good

Religion is so good at weeding out the ego, that it doesn’t even realize it’s believing in “religion”. Impressive, imo.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE