28 cm unbuffed

Final excuse

15 posts in this topic

There is a thing. I remember talking to my friend, that is addicted to drugs, and he knows that. You can convince him in all the ways you want, but in the end, he will just say: "why the fuck not". And he knows about all of the negative influence that it does to his health. 

My question here is like that: I can already hear some of you talking: "If your dream is big enough, you will be able to say no to all of these "bad" things". The thing is - I'm in a similar spot, My mind is no longer my enemy, it gives me advice about not doing these things. Yet - I don't give a fuck in many cases and do these anyways. Why? I can't even dream of a bigger vision for my life. Is it because my goals are not palpable? 

Another approach to this topic is: remember where you came from and this should be your motivation. Yeah, but it has somehow backwards motivation effect on me because I am really fucking happy having nothing, after struggling with a lot of suffering and I do not need that much to be happy. 

How to motivate myself to push forward and do the stuff, that I should be doing? I need to defeat that final boss, final excuse named "Why the fuck not just stay like that?", "Why struggle, why work,"", etc. 

14 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

There is a thing.

thing = no thing

I remember talking to my friend, that is addicted to drugs, and he knows that. You can convince him in all the ways you want, but in the end, he will just say: "why the fuck not". And he knows about all of the negative influence that it does to his health.

Really, why not? 

My question here is like that: I can already hear some of you talking: "If your dream is big enough, you will be able to say no to all of these
"bad" things".

There is no bad and good things. The question is what you want to create.

The thing is - I'm in a similar spot, My mind is no longer my enemy, it gives me advice about not doing these things.

Everyone is in a similar spot. Good to hear, mind is not enemy.

Yet - I don't give a fuck in many cases and do these anyways. Why? I can't even dream of a bigger vision for my life. Is it because my goals are not palpable? 

You can. Invest 150 bucks in dream board on wheels and just write what you want.

Another approach to this topic is: remember where you came from and this should be your motivation.

Let go of any "should".

Yeah, but it has somehow backwards motivation effect on me because I am really fucking happy having nothing, after struggling with a lot of suffering and I do not need that much to be happy. 

Then why are you asking this question? Everyone wants to be happy ;) 

How to motivate myself to push forward and do the stuff, that I should be doing?

First step, let go of "should".

I need to defeat that final boss, final excuse named "Why the fuck not just stay like that?", "Why struggle, why work,"", etc. 

Also, let go of "need" :) 

ALL IS GOOD NOW

Start dream board, meditate as a first thing in the morning. Be easy on yourself. Figure out what you really want. Enjoy your life.
You can start writing 10 sentences every morning for what you are grateful for in your life (with no "no" or blaming others).

?

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I have a dream board. I meditate 1 hour as the first thing in the morning. I want to be a cool, smart guy, living in New York with a smart, cool girl. I also am writing these 10 things, that you are mentioning, being grateful for things in the future. 

Yet, somehow, I still feel boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed with all of that and I find myself not giving enough fucks.

I just watched a video about a 5-MeO trip. Also - my intuition is telling me two things that I will have to experience in my near future are 1. bad trip and 2. my mother's death (which may be just metaphorical and in nature, it just means that a man is grown up and developed). 

I am terrified about having a bad trip, the last one, about 2 years ago I almost went crazy. I got into a loop and I couldn't go out, I was battling with myself, you get it, god vs god, etc. I also had a glimpse of enlightenment. That was 2 years ago and only now I am understanding that and what it was all about.

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

You don't need psychedelics, relax bro ;)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

You want to do it because its out there and in short order beats cutting yourself.  A more positive aproach, you really are not addicted and you are in control.  Two years ago i started to notice i drink beer every day almost.  The quantity is irrelevant because it was every day.  The answer i got is im not because while in isolation i never had the need. Each of us must do whatever must do without giving a fok.  And i dont give a fok about your health and you shouldnt either.  You do it because you have it, because you can.  When you cant anymore ,people wont give a fok.  Good riddons

I don't think there's a final excuse. You can always come up with anything when you don't want to do something.

The "Why-the-fuck-not" one is rather lame and lazy, but does the trick. 

1 hour ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Yet, somehow, I still feel boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed with all of that and I find myself not giving enough fucks.

Drop that. Find smth you are interested in. You strike me as more as a doer type of guy.

1 hour ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I want to be a cool, smart guy, living in New York with a smart, cool girl.

Go get that girl. Pick-up could be just the thing for you. Go talk to some girls and feel your blood pumping. 

I recommend trying to expand your circle of friends to people who are looking to do the same thing as you. It is really easy to be stuck with people who are not progressing and aiding in making you stuck in old habits and ways of thinking. If you can't avoid them, then just minimize the amount of time you spend with them. 

12 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Be content with the present. Maybe you need a different meditation technique, or some Stoic philosophy. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Average Investor

That is really a piece of awesome advice, I already am working on that one. I was way too soft with just cutting off people, that were just too dumb for me, that sounds harsh, but that was my reality. 

@SamueLSD

Yeah, that might be the case. What meditation technique do you recommend?

I tried a lot of them, but never really stayed with one of them, for a longer period of time (I think focusing on breathing would be my favourite one, if I had to choose). I'll watch Leo's videos about that topic for sure too. 

@28 cm unbuffed Breath properly, but do not necessarily focus on breathing too much. Really make it a goal to get good at meditating in a few months to a year. Have you tried 'do nothing'? 

It has helped me to accept all feelings that arise and watch them disappear without any effort needed.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”