Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Entity

Partial awakening on alcohol?

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, wanted to ask y´all about an episode I had some months ago, long story short I was with some friends at my place, drinking booze and smoking weed (potent sativa strain) heavily, talking, shouting, listening to music, etc... having a good time and i got very drunk and stoned so i went outside to take some "fresh air" and one of my friends went outside also, so we start talking (drunk talk :)), dont remember all the details but all of a sudden i became "the witness", i felt the body like under water, slow, i heard myself mumbling to this friend but my mind became crystal clear, i was sober, i was aware of all that was happening in the moment, and i remember saying to this friend "man, im not drunk" (picture this phrase with the classic drunkinsh accent) but for sure i was trashed...

I want to quote another member words @hoodrow trillson , since he had the same expirience...he put it as "partial awakening". My question is, was it?¿ or was some other rare state? or simply the most drunk state that i can possibly be? Thanks!!! Feel free to move the thread if necessary.

On 29-04-2020 at 5:10 PM, hoodrow trillson said:

Lol, ironically--one time I had a partial awakening on alcohol.  One time I got so drunk at a club with my friends once, I was watching one of my acquaintances vomit in the club's toilet.

I knew I was very drunk too as I watched this person throw up, but I then realized that there was still this "something" still there watching me be drunk as hell.  I clearly saw the distinction between drunk as hell me and the thing present there watching drunk as hell me--like a witness.  It was super trippy and I'll never forget it.

I wouldn't mess with alcohol. It may offer you a temporary shift in awareness and focus on the sensations in your body, take away your filter and allow you to express what your repress but it always comes at a cost to your body, and any awareness you gain is massive spiritual bypassing. Learn to be present. You can have the same experiences.

All moments can lead to spiritual awakening, and that doesnt exclude drunk moments i guess. You could have the same with pain, you feel it and then realize there is "someone" feeling it and so it might stop to hurt. 
Guess its some sort of naturally occuring self enquiry. 
Or like eckhart tolle who felt his depression and was so tired of it he gave up and realized he was not the depression but someone who experienced the depression, and that someone was in fact and could never be depressed.

Like @Bjorgan Said alchol is bad  for you so I would take another inspiration for my self enquiry if I was you. 

But to answer your question, yes in a way it was a partial awakening at that moment as far as I can understand (which isnt very much ;-) )

It is very possible, my consciousness sometimes shifts when I drink alcohol. Its often like a more intense form of self-inquiry.

However, I don't know if it has any lasting effects. Alcohol numbs a lot.

Alcohol and drugs cause a shift in perception, if you question that change in perception in the right moment, this can lead to a small awakening.

You can also do this while sober, asking yourself if you feel drunk/high. Try to feel the thing that may be drunk/high.

You've got interesting state on drugs and insights.
There is no partial awakening. Because awakening it's when nothing happens ?
I would choose proper tool for the job - psychedelics.
You still can use alcohol for having hot evening with hot chick for example ;) 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x