SamueLSD

Unconditional Love - Question.

66 posts in this topic

Today during my daily 30 minute meditation, I had various negative thoughts and feelings arise, so I decided it was the perfect time to do some thoughtless shadow work. 

I began to visualise love upon everything that came into mind. People who have affected me negatively, people I don't know, myself, everything. The negative feelings quickly transformed into a melancholy, yet powerful sense of love. 

I had a realisation - Love is simply what is when there is no conditions applied / no mind-filter there to decide what is and isn't love. When I had my first awakening/breakthrough, there was only love, simply because there was no one there to judge what love is. Everything was instantaneously accepted and perfect.  

If something exists, it is automatically and unconditionally accepted and loved, and it actually IS love, because it 'is'. 

Now for my question: Is there truth to what I am saying / any traps I might be falling into? 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Yep. no ego = love. it is the default setting of reality, so to speak

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid Beautiful 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

3 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Today during my daily 30 minute meditation, I had various negative thoughts and feelings arise, so I decided it was the perfect time to do some thoughtless shadow work. 

I began to visualise love upon everything that came into mind. People who have affected me negatively, people I don't know, myself, everything. The negative feelings quickly transformed into a melancholy, yet powerful sense of love. 

I had a realisation - Love is simply what is when there is no conditions applied / no mind-filter there to decide what is and isn't love. When I had my first awakening/breakthrough, there was only love, simply because there was no one there to judge what love is. Everything was instantaneously accepted and perfect.  

If something exists, it is automatically and unconditionally accepted and loved, and it actually IS love, because it 'is'. 

Now for my question: Is there truth to what I am saying / any traps I might be falling into? 

Beautiful! I had a similar experience not long ago when eliciting memories of all those of whom I have shared experiences with. I emanated an unconditional energy that just naturally arose. 

Only thing I’ll note, is to be mindful of the ego’s desire to cling to the feeling of love and exuding it to others. I had a moment where I was pulled into the experience of ruminating upon others and realised I must not allow the mind to romanticise or get too attached. Deep connection supersedes attachment. It’s the ability to compassionately interact while equally having the capacity to let go.

Edited by Jacobsrw

22 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

just naturally arose

Thats the best part about it, it's effortless once it happens

23 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Only thing I’ll note, is to be mindful of the ego’s desire to cling to the feeling of love and exuding it to others

What exactly do you mean by 'exuding it to others'

You got it, but love goes deeper. You cannot understand what love is in a single awakening, it takes time, but you are on the right path

Mahadev

@inFlow Of course. My experience was merely a glimpse.

I'd be pretty sad if that was the end of the line xD

22 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

What exactly do you mean by 'exuding it to others'

Basically, the radiation of love to others in which you either imagine or experience. I was referring to the experience of love as an expression.

4 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Yes, that's all correct, except Love goes so much deeper.

Keep contemplating what Love is. Do not stop until you hit a total understanding of why everything exists, why life is happening.

You created reality for a reason. Discover what that reason is.

Do not stop until you drown in Infinite Love Forever.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jacobsrw So, you're saying don't try and rely on others to 'locate' love, or 'direct' love toward?

@Leo Gura 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not stop until you drown in Infinite Love Forever.

That's a good vision. Will do! 

@Jacobsrw So, you're saying don't try and rely on others to 'locate' love, or 'direct' love toward?

Exactly. It should radiate to all regardless in whom receives it. Otherwise its conditional and and contorted, distributed via selection.

Also on the opposite end, reliant on others ie. attachment, is nothing but a limited conditional love. Unconditional pure love, is love that transcends the need of needing to have it to begin with.

Edited by Jacobsrw

9 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Yes. There is a huge trap here. The love you experienced was due to the absence of the ego, that's true. But your conclusion is false. The absence of ego permanently is not love. It's the process of fading away that feels like love. The same way you would call an inhalation after deep exhalation/keeping your breath for a long time love. There is a relief, a healing, and a sense of expansion. Of course you'd call it love and nothing else. Because you were lacking in love, and then you opened the doors for it, it flooded. That doesn't mean everything is love. It means you can't have love without its contrast. When you let go of the ego, you feel free, temporarily. And then the ego starts to reform itself again. It then starts to build tension, and then you release it again, and you feel the love. That process gets repeated for infinity, and throughout everything. There is no stopping it. You can't have love without letting go. Letting go means having/holding on to something and then losing/releasing it. To have love, you must lose something in return. Nothing comes for free, and you can't keep losing forever. So, love cannot be absolute/the substance of reality, because it is temporary. It only exists in duality.

And for the record, I'm speaking from experience. I've experienced an extended ego-death over the period of nearly 8 months. Beside many, many little ego-deaths after that. Yes, that felt like love. Especially the first, longest, and deepest one. It was extremely intense, I would cry from ecstasy multiple times a day. I would watch the sunset and melt from love. My peripheral eyesight had become much clearer, like viewing life in HD. There was literally no one behind the eyes. I thought it would never end. Yet, the ego would always return and fear would accumulate over and over again until I release it. The first one happened after years of suffering. Depression, anxiety, fear of death, neurosis, attachment, OCD, delusions, sleep paralysis, nightmares, night terrors, and some other things that I can't recall.

Edited by The observer

@Leo Gura 

That's a good vision. Will do! 

It can feel like you will implode from Infinite Love.  The human body cannot contain that much Love.  It cannot contain Infinity  :)

It is extraordinary.  Maybe you have experienced this in some of your meditation sessions.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jacobsrw Thanks 

@Inliytened1 I've gotten there once, not while meditating however. I needed a little help from my... friends.

I have been doing the Love visualisation exercises like i described in the original post, which does get me somewhere. It isn't quite infinity though. 

1 hour ago, The observer said:

It's the process of fading away that feels like love.

It feels like love because it is love.

Either we are talking about completely different things, or you are using the wrong words. It didn't feel like the love I have for my mother, or a girlfriend ( I had one at the time ), but I still immediately identified it as love once I regained the ability to identify. Without question or doubt. 

There simply was no room for ego, or anything other than the love I was experiencing!

No blissful state I have entered has compared to this one awakening I had about 3 months ago. I've taken 600ug of LSD, large mushroom doses, and I still have not reached that state again. Probably because I was trying to, now that I think of it.

It just came, without warning, about 10 hours after a low dose LSD trip, with about 0.2 grams of weed (  thats like, 2 puffs )

Tears ran down my eyes, but I didn't realise this until ego returned.  This singular experience is why I actually made this account on Actualized, and it was my first post. I have no doubt it was love, no explanation you could give would convince me otherwise. 

I wouldn't call it enlightenment, or infinite consciousness, it felt like I was experiencing only that particular facet - Love. 

Edited by SamueLSD

1 hour ago, The observer said:

would cry from ecstasy multiple times a day. I would watch the sunset and melt from love. My peripheral eyesight had become much clearer, like viewing life in HD. There was literally no one behind the eyes. I thought it would never end. 

Sounds like Love to me!

@SamueLSD Maybe I am using wrong words, I'm not originally English. But yes, I have experienced that same metaphysical love. It was no ordinary bliss. Bliss is my current state for most of the time. And definitely, the reason why it doesn't happen for you is because of trying to make it happen. It's extremely paradoxical. It occurs when you let go of it, and the more you let go, the deeper it gets. But there's a limit to that. Afterwards, you're going to hit a wall and not want to go any further. You wouldn't want it anymore, because you'd be full of it. You'd feel completely healed. That's when you know you're ready to reconstruct again. It's a process of construction and deconstruction for infinity. And the trap here is to attach to either of the dynamics. You can't hold your breath forever.

Love is all conditions, love is who is there to judge what love is, love is the ego, love is every effort, love is the trying, love is all non-glimpse, love is sobriety, love is all other facets, love is all non-singular experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, The observer said:

Yes. There is a huge trap here. The love you experienced was due to the absence of the ego, that's true. But your conclusion is false. The absence of ego permanently is not love. It's the process of fading away that feels like love. The same way you would call an inhalation after deep exhalation/keeping your breath for a long time love. There is a relief, a healing, and a sense of expansion. Of course you'd call it love and nothing else. Because you were lacking in love, and then you opened the doors for it, it flooded. That doesn't mean everything is love. It means you can't have love without its contrast. When you let go of the ego, you feel free, temporarily. And then the ego starts to reform itself again. It then starts to build tension, and then you release it again, and you feel the love. That process gets repeated for infinity, and throughout everything. There is no stopping it. You can't have love without letting go. Letting go means having/holding on to something and then losing/releasing it. To have love, you must lose something in return. Nothing comes for free, and you can't keep losing forever. So, love cannot be absolute/the substance of reality, because it is temporary. It only exists in duality.

And for the record, I'm speaking from experience. I've experienced an extended ego-death over the period of nearly 8 months. Beside many, many little ego-deaths after that. Yes, that felt like love. Especially the first, longest, and deepest one. It was extremely intense, I would cry from ecstasy multiple times a day. I would watch the sunset and melt from love. My peripheral eyesight had become much clearer, like viewing life in HD. There was literally no one behind the eyes. I thought it would never end. Yet, the ego would always return and fear would accumulate over and over again until I release it. The first one happened after years of suffering. Depression, anxiety, fear of death, neurosis, attachment, OCD, delusions, sleep paralysis, nightmares, night terrors, and some other things that I can't recall.

I feel it may just be a semantic differentiation. Ultimate Love to some, appears synonymous with the felt equanimity of nothing, that’s how Leo refers to it anyhow. The predisposed dualistic human love is far different than spiritual love. I feel that’s what is being distinguished in this dialogue. The duality you pointed out is merely a symptom of mind: love and absence of love. The universal love supposedly supersedes this duality.

For me personally I cannot validate whether or not the ontological basis of reality is love. I can, however, validate that the basis of existence is incommunicable via language. 

Regardless of the word used to convey it, the experience is far more ascendent than words could ever convey.

Edited by Jacobsrw

26 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

I feel it may just be a semantic differentiation.

I wouldn't be talking if it was.

26 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Ultimate Love to some, appears synonymous with the felt equanimity of nothing, that’s how Leo refers to it anyhow.

And that exactly is the illusion that I'm trying to explain.

27 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

The duality you pointed out is merely a symptom of mind: love and absence of love. The universal love supposedly supersedes this duality.

It's the same as the egg-chicken problem. What comes prior? What's more fundamental? Love or the absence of love? The answer is both and/or neither, i.e. cannot be understood by the mind. And, in other words, is uncommunicable.

People desperately want love to be the fundamental particle of reality, and I'm one of them. But as disappointing it may feel for most, that's not how it is. When someone says reality is love, that's a good indicator for you to know that that person is exhausted and now is healing. And healing is love. It seems like love and it feels like love. But that's about it. That healing cannot go forever. It will stop at some point, when that person is ready to continue. The conclusion that everything is love comes in the form of projection and bias. I've fallen into that trap myself, so I'm not superior. I'm just a human being with human expectations. When you remove your wisdom tooth, that relief sure feels like love. But look how easily you forget the pain and suffering.

On a global scale, it seems like the whole world is healing. So, that makes the trap even more sneakier. For that reason, and as a conclusion, we'd assume that the world is made of love. But the world is simply healing from centuries of pain and misery. We tend to forget, and we take love for granted. The cycle will repeat, after healing, there will be abuse. And after abuse, there will be healing. Contraction vs. Expansion. And all this confusion will repeat as well. That's the nature of reality. You don't know until you know. And no matter how you try, there will always be something that you don't know.

46 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

For me personally I cannot validate whether or not the ontological basis of reality is love. I can, however, validate that the basis of existence is incommunicable via language. 

Regardless of the word used to convey it, the experience is far more ascendent than words could ever convey.

Sure. Even my words have no importance whatsoever, because truth is always truth regardless of what I say. It's not affected by my words or understanding. So, it doesn't actually matter what I think reality is. Whether I have the right or wrong understanding does not mean anything, and that's still part of truth. But anyway, since I have the freedom and knowledge and experience to talk about it, why not? Everyone is doing it after all, so why can't I?