kireet

Theory and practice

42 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

As long as you are in identification with the mind, all feelings are false and are steering you away from the truth

How can a feeling be false? 

You cannot skip to :

15 minutes ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

the higher vibration kind of feeling

without first 'feeling' your way there. Lol

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@Waken 

9 minutes ago, Waken said:

Some feelings are the results of thought, yes that's true and good to mention. Saying that as long as there is mind identification all feelings are false and steering away from truth is not true. 

absolutely true ......

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

9 minutes ago, Waken said:

Some feelings are the results of thought, yes that's true and good to mention. Saying that as long as there is mind identification all feelings are false and steering away from truth is not true. 

It is not reliable to be looking for feelings for confirmation of what we truly are. There is nothing a feeling can tell you about your self. You are that which is perceiving it. You have no use for any thought, emotion, sensation, feeling, they are all there merely because you are there. It is in your presence that they appear. You are that in which mind itself and feelings themselves appear. You don't need them, they don't exist without you, yet you exist without them.

1 minute ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

It is not reliable to be looking for feelings for confirmation of what we truly are. There is nothing a feeling can tell you about your self. You are that which is perceiving it. You have no use for any thought, emotion, sensation, feeling, they are all there merely because you are there. It is in your presence that they appear. You are that in which mind itself and feelings themselves appear. You don't need them, they don't exist without you, yet you exist without them.

It is very reliable to listen to feelings for what you are. Because hidden in your feelings are the highest truths. Denying feelings its proper place is not wisdom, but a recipe for suffering and confusion

@Waken exactly ...

suppression of feelings can bring no benefit

@IAmTheHolySpirit

Im not doubting Mooji has had awakenings, however I feel their are much better teachers out there, this article highlights a lot of scandals surrounding Mooji and his ashram, I highly advise reading it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2019/03/11/inside-the-mooji-cult-be-scofield/amp/

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

6 minutes ago, Waken said:

It is very reliable to listen to feelings for what you are. Because hidden in your feelings are the highest truths. Denying feelings its proper place is not wisdom, but a recipe for suffering and confusion

Very well said, true awakening actually allows you to become fully in touch with your feelings and feel them fully. Neo-Advaita for some reason has created the highest “state” in their eyes to be one numbed from feelings, thoughts and what not. 

As the Zen quote goes-

When we are sad, be completely sad, when we are happy, he completely happy. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

14 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

As the Zen quote goes-

this is one of the appropriate comment on feelings

18 minutes ago, kireet said:

@Waken exactly ...

suppression of feelings can bring no benefit

22 minutes ago, Waken said:

Nobody is denying or suppressing any feelings, we simply must see feelings for what they truly are. A coming and going phenomenon, that appears within the unchanging, the one that never came and will never go.

The unchanging is the important thing, not the feeling. Yes feelings might help point you to the unchanging but it is more efficient to not be looking for feelings but simply dive straight into the unchanging source itself and be one with the stillness that is.

13 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Very well said, true awakening actually allows you to become fully in touch with your feelings and feel them fully. Neo-Advaita for some reason has created the highest “state” in their eyes to be one numbed from feelings, thoughts and what not. 

As the Zen quote goes-

Yes, that is exactly what I am pointing to. Surrender to whatever appears. Do not hold on to it. When it comes, whether it is sadness or love, let it come, and let it go also. Do not become attached to it, do not identify yourself as it. Know that it is appearing within you, be with it fully, and it will naturally dissolve in the silence of being.

@IAmTheHolySpirit Yes, then I agree, fully feel and process each emotion with your whole body, and by doing this we will actually learn to deal with “negative” emotions much better, I used this technique from my teacher during my recent break up, and it was hell for several days as I was fully feeling instead of suppressing like I used to, but it allowed me to fully process the emotions I was feeling and the break up a lot better :) 

Just now, LfcCharlie4 said:

@IAmTheHolySpirit Yes, then I agree, fully feel and process each emotion with your whole body, and by doing this we will actually learn to deal with “negative” emotions much better, I used this technique from my teacher during my recent break up, and it was hell for several days as I was fully feeling instead of suppressing like I used to, but it allowed me to fully process the emotions I was feeling and the break up a lot better :) 

Yes, and these kinds of feelings don't really come up anymore isn't it? It is like you have cured yourself of certain states that would have lasted for weeks. Now they are unnoticeable even. You must have had many behavioural changes and maybe even a change of awareness? Do you want to expand on that?

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

16 minutes ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

Nobody is denying or suppressing any feelings, we simply must see feelings for what they truly are. A coming and going phenomenon, that appears within the unchanging, the one that never came and will never go.

The unchanging is the important thing, not the feeling. Yes feelings might help to point you to the unchanging but it is more efficient to not be looking for the feelings but simply dive straight into the unchanging source itself and be one with the stillness that is

That doesn't contradict that 'true' feelings (not the feelings that are result from thought) can be (one of the) guides in life. True feelings never lead one astray. Truth itself, can communicate with feelings. Not listening to that, or acknowledging the role and value these feelings have, I would say involves 'denial' on some level. Go and be with the unchanging, not listening to your feelings, and see how far you get. 
Yes if you want to know the unchanging, and you can dive straight into the unchanging then go right at it. But that's not the case for most, and life involves more then being with the unchanging

Edited by Waken

Just now, Waken said:

That doesn't contradict that 'true' feelings (not the feelings that are result from thought) can be (one of the) guides in life. True feelings never lead one astray. Truth itself, can communicate with feelings. Not listening to that, or acknowledging the role and value these feelings have, I would call 'denial' on some level. Go and be with the unchanging, not listening to your feelings, and see how far you get. 
Yes if you want to know the unchanging, and you can dive straight into the unchanging then go right at it. But that's not the case for most.

How is it not the case for most? Literally even a child can be aware of being aware.

Sure, in a sense. I said knowing the unchanging, which is about experiencing consciously.

Edited by Waken

8 minutes ago, Waken said:

Sure, in a sense. I said knowing the unchanging, which is about experiencing consciously.

There is no separate "knowing". Being aware and "knowing" is the same thing. When you are aware of being aware, you know awareness. Naturally. It is not some "knowing explosion and some experience gets revealed", no, you simply acknowledge that which is completely obvious, awareness itself, and you stay aware of that. That is the unchanging, and it is so simple to perceive it, because we are already the unchanging. We simply must notice what we truly are. Be aware of being aware.

we drifted ..... like alot from the actual topic

3 hours ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

There is no separate "knowing". Being aware and "knowing" is the same thing. When you are aware of being aware, you know awareness. Naturally. It is not some "knowing explosion and some experience gets revealed", no, you simply acknowledge that which is completely obvious, awareness itself, and you stay aware of that. That is the unchanging, and it is so simple to perceive it, because we are already the unchanging. We simply must notice what we truly are. Be aware of being aware.

You experience what you know. If you want knowing to mean the same as being aware, then go at it. By your definition, everybody knows they are the unchanging then. Yet ask someone on the street and they won't have a clue. Not wanting to talk further though, so last post here

2 hours ago, kireet said:

Oops9_9

Edited by Waken

@kireet If you don't know what to do when / feel lost when you are practising, you need more theory.

You should always re-watch videos that you believe have value to you. You know whats best for your development, and this intuitive sense will become easier to access with time.

If you feel overwhelmed with information, stop and do the work instead. If you are new to this work, then alot of theory will serve you well so you can get your bearings straight, and get the ball rolling.

Sometimes you need to watch and learn until you can understand what people mean when they say things like "take the pathless path", or whatever. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

11 hours ago, kireet said:

That tends to happen when IAmTheHolySpirit enters your topic xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@IAmTheHolySpirit What do you mean by "being aware of being aware"? 

The moment you identified yourself with the body you Constructed the whole 'illusion'. If you realize everything that you know is accumulated identity, even the Creation or so called 'Dream' is also another identification. You are not in any place at all, you are beyond any identity..