Emerald

Forums To Passively Promote My Channel

23 posts in this topic

Hello all! I am looking to join a couple more forums in hopes of passively promoting and growing my Youtube channel by reaching a wider audience, as well as informing future video topics. I have gotten quite a few viewers from my interactions on here and I have grown a lot through my interactions, so I've decided that I should branch out to a few more. But I don't know which forums to choose that would be the most beneficial. Sorting through them and deciding which ones to invest time in, is difficult. Most that I come across aren't as user-friendly of involved as this forum.

So, if any of you know of forums relative to the following topics, I would really appreciate it. :) Thank you!

• Enlightenment
  • General Spirituality and Consciousness Work (meditation, chakras, new age-ish topics, etc.)
  • Natural Altered States of Consciousness (OBE, Lucid dreaming, etc.)
  • Jungian Psychology/Depth Psychology/Archetypal Frameworks (i.e. Alchemy)
  • Self-Improvement/Positive Psychology/Growth
  • Healing from Trauma
  • Philosophy
  • Self-knowledge
  • Cultivating Creativity

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

What about posting on other Youtubers-channels and then voting yourself up? Or doing crosspromotions or interviews? Here in germany there is a couple that boosted their internet-business-career by doing some kind of online seminar where they interviewed 30 spiritual teachers, including Byron Katie, Mooji...

I don't know of any forums though... only maybe facebook groups.

I'd suggest trying reddit it's quite active on making things viral or sudden surge in traffic depending on content

On 7/15/2016 at 9:19 AM, Toby said:

What about posting on other Youtubers-channels and then voting yourself up? Or doing crosspromotions or interviews? Here in germany there is a couple that boosted their internet-business-career by doing some kind of online seminar where they interviewed 30 spiritual teachers, including Byron Katie, Mooji...

I don't know of any forums though... only maybe facebook groups.

I have done the posing on other Youtube channels thing before. It's definitely been pretty effective, and I plan to do more of it. Thank you for the recommendations.

1 hour ago, khalifa said:

I'd suggest trying reddit it's quite active on making things viral or sudden surge in traffic depending on content

That's good advice. I haven't thought of Reddit before, but I do know that they get a lot of traffic. Thanks!

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 7/15/2016 at 11:40 AM, ChimpBrain said:

Thanks. I signed up. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins I hate when people don't answer my topic's question and just question the very purpose of it, but I'll do it anyway ;)

Maybe if you go to other forums, you'll just end up diluting your fanbase. I really see the Actualized.org community as something pure and rare. It seems like Leo has built an entirely new realm that didn't exist before and doesn't exist anywhere else.

My suggestion is stick to this community, help it grow, and it will help your new community grow in return. Once you get enough followers and you become a more powerful and independent force for change, you might even create your own forum. And other people will start youtube channels and forums strongly inspired by Leo's work as well. I say those are the forums you should post in. The problem is: they don't really exist yet. Leo has not yet penetrated the zeitgeist enough for its seeds to spread and grow that much. 

I suggest you wait a few years before searching for other forums. But Youtube channels are easier to create, so you might find lots of Leo-inspired channel out there already. Those could be a great resource for your marketing.

And finally, your videos are just good. It's simple as that. Marketing will be quite easy in your case. So I don't wish you good luck, because you don't really need it.

Edited by Philip

1 hour ago, Philip said:

@Emerald Wilkins I hate when people don't answer my topic's question and just question the very purpose of it, but I'll do it anyway ;)

Maybe if you go to other forums, you'll just end up diluting your fanbase. I really see the Actualized.org community as something pure and rare. It seems like Leo has built an entirely new realm that didn't exist before and doesn't exist anywhere else.

My suggestion is stick to this community, help it grow, and it will help your new community grow in return. Once you get enough followers and you become a more powerful and independent force for change, you might even create your own forum. And other people will start youtube channels and forums strongly inspired by Leo's work as well. I say those are the forums you should post in. The problem is: they don't really exist yet. Leo has not yet penetrated the zeitgeist enough for its seeds to spread and grow that much. 

I suggest you wait a few years before searching for other forums. But Youtube channels are easier to create, so you might find lots of Leo-inspired channel out there already. Those could be a great resource for your marketing.

And finally, your videos are just good. It's simple as that. Marketing will be quite easy in your case. So I don't wish you good luck, because you don't really need it.

Thank you! :) I do still want to venture elsewhere to market though. Leo and I definitely have a lot of cross-over audience for our channels, but we also diverge in some ways as well. So, I would need to promote elsewhere as well. Leo's channel is about self-actualization, so his channel offers advice about external concerns as well as internal, where the internal serves the external. My channel is about self-exploration, so my channel is almost solely about the internal world. So, his topis are different in that he has business advice, career, entrepreneurship, dating, etc. and is oriented toward the Hero's Journey. My channel has a more internal leaning where I explore archetypes, spiritual maps, altered states of consciousness (OBE, Lucid Dreaming, etc.), shadow work, and depth psychology. So, my channel is more about descent. So, we're different but share the crossover elements of understanding emotions, enlightenment, and generally living your best life. But thank you for the advice and the words of encouragement.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins Nice! What do you think about the similarities between you and Teal Swan? And also Elliott Hulse. You could promote your channel using their Youtube comment section.

17 minutes ago, Philip said:

@Emerald Wilkins Nice! What do you think about the similarities between you and Teal Swan? And also Elliott Hulse. You could promote your channel using their Youtube comment section.

Teal Swan and I are similar in the understanding emotions, shadow work, and spiritual maps category, but different in that she is extra-sensory (I am not) and focuses mainly on manifesting from the law of attraction and the 'healing from negative events' aspect of self-help. My channel touches a bit on these things, but is more about general truth seeking and liberation from the illusion of ego, than healing and manifestation. But Teal Swan has been a big inspiration for me. I have really benefited from her work in the past. 

Elliot Hulse, I've only watched a few videos of his. I consider his channel similar to Leo's in many ways, but his seems to be more focused on cultivating alpha male status, dating/relationships/sexuality, career/goal orientedness, and more external things. But if I recall, he was also into bio-energetics which I find quite interesting. So, his channel is similar in the psychology aspect and energetic aspect but mostly different from mine. But I do suspect that we have some crossover as well between our audiences. 

I'll definitely work on leaving some comments on their videos that are most relevant.

Emotionalmastery.org

Hi Emerald, I am glad you are making videos I also like your writing and opinions. I dont use the internet enough to help out here,  but as a side note since you mentioned an interest - Lucid dreaming is real, I learned how to do it.  I suggest learning it as a way of mastering these types of experience. However personally I found it distracting and lost interest in it because I didnt want to use it for anything specific, I learned how to do it mostly just to see if the descriptions were true and if I could learn it. 

45 minutes ago, Kevin Dunlop said:

Hi Emerald, I am glad you are making videos I also like your writing and opinions. I dont use the internet enough to help out here,  but as a side note since you mentioned an interest - Lucid dreaming is real, I learned how to do it.  I suggest learning it as a way of mastering these types of experience. However personally I found it distracting and lost interest in it because I didnt want to use it for anything specific, I learned how to do it mostly just to see if the descriptions were true and if I could learn it. 

Thank you! :) I was really interested in Lucid Dreaming about 12 years ago. I read a book about it and practiced a bit at some of the techniques, and was successful at have a good handful of lucid dreams. I still occasionally have them, maybe once every couple months. So, it's in my realm of experience and I do find it interesting, so I'll cover some videos on the topic in the future, but it isn't my main focus. It's similar to how OBE is for me. I've been getting them for about 14 years, so I have a bunch of experience with it... but I'm by no means an expert. I still have trouble with it sometimes. So, I put it in my videos because I know that a lot of people are interested in having an OBE and it's definitely enriched my life. That said, it's also not my primary focus right now. 

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, seaneyboyjazz said:

Hey @Emerald Wilkins. I just subscribed and watched a few of your videos. Your content is fantastic. 

Thank you for supporting my channel! I'm glad that you like it. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

Emerald really enjoying your ptsd video on you tube right now. I've listened to another video awhile back when you posted your channel on a comment thread before. You have a gift at presenting yourself. You're knowledge of topics you present is good stuff. ? 

Edited by Nunzia

I don't know if this of any help and i guess you already know it, but anyway, the 16personality site (the MBTI site where you take the test) has a forum of its own but more than the spiritual work, it's about development of self in terms of personality. But you can give it a try because there are people who I'm sure will love your channel.

And oh, it was through the Diamond Net that I came across the test so thank you :)

Your channel's worth the time.

On July 24, 2016 at 0:14 AM, Nunzia said:

Emerald really enjoying your ptsd video on you tube right now. I've listened to another video awhile back when you posted your channel on a comment thread before. You have a gift at presenting yourself. You're knowledge of topics you present is good stuff. ? 

Thank you! I just now saw this post. It's very encouraging to me. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

5 hours ago, Vaishnavi said:

I don't know if this of any help and i guess you already know it, but anyway, the 16personality site (the MBTI site where you take the test) has a forum of its own but more than the spiritual work, it's about development of self in terms of personality. But you can give it a try because there are people who I'm sure will love your channel.

And oh, it was through the Diamond Net that I came across the test so thank you :)

Your channel's worth the time.

Thank you for letting me know. I actually didn't know that there was a forum associated with that site. Thank you also for your kind words. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins  you can create a twitter channel, facebook and instagram and control all of them from buffer.com (you can also post to google+ and linkedin)

Buffer.com is a site where you can post some content (for example you can post everytime you post new content on your channel) and maybe attract more people from this other social media sites.

The free option is pretty good, you can schedule your post so it post at times where most people is online. You can schedule 10 post that is not a bad quantity and you can have one profile per social media account.

If you pay you have more options but I use just the free one and is good enough to not go crazy posting on several different social media websites.

And another good tool is mailchimp where you can generate a form so people can add from your website their e-mail to receive updates, newsletters, etc. And you can create a database of possible customers.

I am trying a CRM (customer relationship management) that is pretty good. But I think is more oriented to getting lead for sales, and marketing. Anyway if you are interested I can share more info about it.

This is the link and it has also a free option that is pretty good.

http://www.hubspot.com/products/crm

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

@Emerald Wilkins  you can create a twitter channel, facebook and instagram and control all of them from buffer.com (you can also post to google+ and linkedin)

Buffer.com is a site where you can post some content (for example you can post everytime you post new content on your channel) and maybe attract more people from this other social media sites.

The free option is pretty good, you can schedule your post so it post at times where most people is online. You can schedule 10 post that is not a bad quantity and you can have one profile per social media account.

If you pay you have more options but I use just the free one and is good enough to not go crazy posting on several different social media websites.

And another good tool is mailchimp where you can generate a form so people can add from your website their e-mail to receive updates, newsletters, etc. And you can create a database of possible customers.

I am trying a CRM (customer relationship management) that is pretty good. But I think is more oriented to getting lead for sales, and marketing. Anyway if you are interested I can share more info about it.

This is the link and it has also a free option that is pretty good.

http://www.hubspot.com/products/crm

Thank you! I have social media profiles (Intagram, FB, and Twitter) but I hadn't heard of Buffer. I'll definitely check that out. I do have form submissions on my site though, though they don't go through Mailchimp. Basically, I just get people's name and email address. Is that the same thing or are there other features to the mail chimp form too? 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

Emotionalmastery.org

6 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Thank you! I have social media profiles (Intagram, FB, and Twitter) but I hadn't heard of Buffer. I'll definitely check that out. I do have form submissions on my site though, though they don't go through Mailchimp. Basically, I just get people's name and email address. Is that the same thing or are there other features to the mail chimp form too? 

With Mailchimp you can send a lot of e-mails without problem. Sometimes if you send many e-mails some servers can consider that like you are doing spam and can block your messages. Mailchimp has a way to send the e-mails one by one or in smaller quantities so the servers doesn't consider them spam.

The other thing is that the form has the option to send an email to the person, so the person can then confirm that he / she wants to be added to your newsletter. It's also a way to confirm that the person is using that e-mail and also to confirm that is not a robot or a bot. That's software that fill the forms only to get your e-mail and spam you later with advertising.

Here you have the link to other features. The free version is quite good.

http://mailchimp.com/features/

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16