Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

Is it really important to have a hygiene ? I don't know where i'm going to stand

13 posts in this topic

What can you say about people who don't really do practice it? To the extent of a hippie for example don't practice it, i'm curious because I don't know where to stand

how important is it? Or how not important

some people will say the odor is normal but some will say it is gross.. what can you say about it? to that point

Edited by John Iverson

Depends on your situation. Some jobs don't want a stinky employee, lol. 

Really poor hygiene can lead to bacterial infections, head lice, skin rashes / conditions, the spreading of germs, you name it.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Think about it this way John - if you live entirely alone and no one ever comes near you, it is not an issue - your nose is a wonderful instrument that will allow you to smell yourself for the first few days, but after a while it becomes accustomed and switches off, so you won't notice it.  Any strong smells are switched off, otherwise people wouldn't be able to work in stinky places and smokers wouldn't be able to continue smoking as the smell would nauseate them.  But on thing you will notice, if you come across a smoker, or say a fish monger in his work clothes - you can still smell them, even though they're blithely unaware.  The same thing happens to people who have an unwashed body odour that makes other people gag, their nose has switched off sparing them what they're inflicting on everyone else.  

Saying all that - the way your body smells is not something to be ashamed of - being as clean as we are today is a social construct - do your own research and observations to verify this.  There are whole industries designed to sell us nonsense that we don't need in order to make others' rich and in order to do that they make us ashamed of the way we are.  So balance and awareness is required - basic soap and water is enough for anyone to be clean.  

28 minutes ago, michellew said:

Think about it this way John - if you live entirely alone and no one ever comes near you, it is not an issue - your nose is a wonderful instrument that will allow you to smell yourself for the first few days, but after a while it becomes accustomed and switches off, so you won't notice it.  Any strong smells are switched off, otherwise people wouldn't be able to work in stinky places and smokers wouldn't be able to continue smoking as the smell would nauseate them.  But on thing you will notice, if you come across a smoker, or say a fish monger in his work clothes - you can still smell them, even though they're blithely unaware.  The same thing happens to people who have an unwashed body odour that makes other people gag, their nose has switched off sparing them what they're inflicting on everyone else.  

Saying all that - the way your body smells is not something to be ashamed of - being as clean as we are today is a social construct - do your own research and observations to verify this.  There are whole industries designed to sell us nonsense that we don't need in order to make others' rich and in order to do that they make us ashamed of the way we are.  So balance and awareness is required - basic soap and water is enough for anyone to be clean.  

Thank you 

5 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Depends on your situation. Some jobs don't want a stinky employee, lol. 

Really poor hygiene can lead to bacterial infections, head lice, skin rashes / conditions, the spreading of germs, you name it.

Thank you ? 

wrong section, no? 

It really depends on what you know and understand about the human body, how you think about health and what beliefs are held/adopted. Most people have no clue how any of this works, but diet and cleaniness of the body's cells plays a vital role in the importance of taking steps to reduce smell or other symptoms. Now using various habits to reduce the body's natural cleansing symptoms does lead to consequences down the road. This is why people are eating cleaner, using less products, and cleaners if they are on the road to taking greater responsibility for health and how they feel regularly 

Edited by DrewNows

Cleaning improves aesthetic appeal 

Use cleaning bars and soaps and shampoo 

43bu3k.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

16 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Cleaning improves aesthetic appeal 

Use cleaning bars and soaps and shampoo 

43bu3k.jpg

So beautiful ✨

20 hours ago, Keyhole said:

It's a good idea to stay clean imo

Okay ? thanks

your outward hygiene reflects the way you are on the inside. if you don't respect yourself to clean and spray some perfume, why the heck would you expect another person do it for you? 

the more awareness, the more syntropy. the more unconsciousness, the more entropy!   

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Yes, if you want to survive in society.

No real need to do fancy stuff. Just don't let your body smell bad. It doesn't necessarily need to smell good.

Extremely important.

With all my respects, a stinky vagina or penis is a turn-off.

On 10.6.2020 at 7:19 AM, Chokurei said:

Extremely important.

With all my respects, a stinky vagina or penis is a turn-off.

Except for some. Napoleon wrote in his love letters that his lover should not wash herself in her private parts. Probably not realistic nowadays.

On the other hand if it works it's a real chemical connection I guess and less work.