Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DecemberFlower

How to drop or change a belief

12 posts in this topic

Is there really an efficient way to drop a negative belief or to replace it with positive one without experiencing positive stuff which will slowly change the negative momentum?

Change them by first examining them. As you question and examine them, the core reasons you believe them will come to the surface.

50 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Change them by first examining them. As you question and examine them, the core reasons you believe them will come to the surface.

The core reason for negative belief is negative experience.For example the belief that i suck in public speech came from my mostly bad presentations in front of class in high school and college

@DecemberFlower Think of it this way, you believing that negative experiences = negative beliefs, is also a belief! Just because you have a negative belief about yourself over an experience, doesn't mean that negative belief has substance to it.

But if you're honest to yourself and believe it does, do your best to learn from those bad experiences and create a new reality for yourself. For example, if experiences tell you that you have difficulty with public speaking, first set an intention "From this day foreward I'm going to do my best to improve as a speaker." Then do all the things you need to do to improve. Join Toastmasters, read a book about speaking, watch great speakers and take notes, etc. Take action!

So it all starts with dissecting your beliefs to the root, and if the beliefs do have some substance (they don't always), taking action to improve yourself.

30 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

@DecemberFlower Think of it this way, you believing that negative experiences = negative beliefs, is also a belief! Just because you have a negative belief about yourself over an experience, doesn't mean that negative belief has substance to it.

This is something i will have to ponder about.I guess I am not even aware how many underlying beliefs there are in me without me even realizing they are beliefs.Can you explain a little what exactly you mean by belief with or without substance?

Edited by DecemberFlower

Their teachings are all that you need.

explain grammar to an alien ?

There are also techniques to help you release trauma, such as the feelings around the memory of sucking at public speaking. You can also visualize yourself being good at public speaking. Imagine how relaxed you're talking to groups of people, imagine how it would make you feel to be so calm and carefree, etc. 

Edited by Waken

I find psychedelics the best tool for dropping beliefs.

Meditation also works, create a dream board which you see often, that's also help.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Notice how the negative belief is made of two parts. One part is the story attached to the belief. For example "I'm scared to do a bungee jump". The story in this case is "the bungee jump". The other part is the negative emotion attached to the belief. In this case it's "I'm scared".

Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) has many techniques for replacing the negative emotional part of beliefs. The basic idea is that we normally only feel one thing at a time, but NLP techniques disrupt this by making you experience overlapping emotional states. Usually a neutral or positive state is overlapped with the negative emotion. If done correctly then this can rapidly change the emotion associated with the belief (permanently in most cases).

Look up NLP collapsing anchors for further investigation.

All stories and explanations are false.

@DecemberFlower Besides the forum, you're signed up for the main actualized.org site right?  Once you sign up for the newsletter, you can listen to Leo's Top 20 Dreamkillers in the Actualized.org Store, it's all about dissecting your negative beliefs. That could really help you out.

I realized now after passing through this thread again and contemplating that really negative beliefs are without substance or another way to say it negative beliefs are only negative cause I attach a meaning or unhealthy disempowering story around certain experience. No matter how shitty some experience looks it is negative only cause you addded that narrative to it..Hope it will sink deeper with time:)