IJB063

Is Reality Real?

67 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

Man I’ve been a k hole, and I did not experience a separation between the body and the external world

Its not a trap, it’s our nature, unless one is insane, to experience reality via our five senses 

Ive experiences synesthesia via LSD before, that’s why I don’t really believe that there is the internal and the external / inside and outside 

There is what there is

Are you sure that this is our nature? Something tells me that we're fooling ourselves into believing that this all there is cannot be changed.

What if Jesus was right when he said:

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move."

?

This sounds like bullshit but what if it isn't? What if this world is a lie and we accept our fate just because we think it is supposed to be this way?

@Preety_India

I do t believe Occams Razor stuff, it’s just an excuse to be lazy

I see no reason why just because something is simpler it’s more likely to be true

And I don’t think there are any simple answers when it comes to the nature of reality

I’m relatively certain that there is no separation from the “physical/external” to the “internal” because I’ve experienced it 

I don’t believe there is such a thing as reality, there is what there is, which is just consciousness, in all likelihood, nothing truly exists in the way people think things exist

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Understanding is itself.

Do you agree that A hand can know itself?

And that A phone-screen watches itself?

2 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

I’m relatively certain that there is no separation from the “physical/external” to the “internal” because I’ve experienced it 

Then how do you explain cause and effect? 

Because for that you definitely need 2 separate entities. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Member

Perhaps you’re right

It doesn’t necessarily need be our nature

And perhaps these rules for how “reality” does and doesn’t work are just that, bullshit

Maybe with faith you can move a mountain 

It sounds ridiculous, but if you were to be told about the state that we find ourselves in now, from a totally disconnected perspective (whatever that looks like) How would the forces that we’re potentially under not be, ridiculous 

Just take a look at the world around you

@Preety_India

I have absolutely no clue why things are causal

I know the idea of causality though comes from human consciousness, and derived solely from our consciousness

If going by your thinking, consciousness and reality become one and there is no reality. There's only one thing and that is consciousness. 

This consciousness is ever changing and evolving like a continuous stream. 

I'll call it superconsciousness. In this reality merges with consciousness. This is called Brahman in hinduism

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Underlying all appearances is a substratum of consciousness. 

Take the TV screen metaphor as an example

In the movie playing on the screen things appear to happen is a causal way. But there are no separate entities. The screen is the One substance holding it all together. Separation doesn’t exist. But the human mind creates the illusion of division where there actually is none.

Duality is only seeming, not actual. That’s why I said not to be deceived by appearances. Maya

So when I'm boiling water, am I boiling myself? 

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Yep

You are the rice you eat

You are the dudes you have sex with

You are this forum

You are all that is

Tat Tvam Asi

Then I'm God. 

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Yep

You are the rice you eat

You are the dudes you have sex with

You are this forum

You are all that is

Tat Tvam Asi

The difference is that you don't actually believe that. If all there is happens inside the mind, then how can we convince the mind to become one with the body? Theoretically, there should be no difference between your body and the "outside" reality and yet we perceive everything so disconnected.

57 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Do you agree that A hand can know itself?

And that A phone-screen watches itself?

No.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Mind, body, perceptions, thoughts.. all phenomenal appearances are taking place in Consciousness. You are Consciousness. Consciousness is absolute, formless, infinite and eternal

Consciousness is also a concept invented by the mind. To me, consciousness IS form, that's why when you faint, it is said that you are unconscious.

Just take a look around you, there's no one perceiving this life other than you. Then why the body appears to be separate from the outside world?

It's like you have hands but you don't know how to grab things. Reality should be the same as your limbs, so why don't you use it?

2 minutes ago, Member said:

Reality should be the same as your limbs, so why don't you use it?

This makes no sense, what do you mean?

9 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

We don't perceive our limbs as being separate from the body, right? But we perceive a chair as being somewhere outside of us. So in order to move it, we go there and grab it... with our hands. Do you think that's normal just because our common sense says so? What if this limitation is only in our minds?

44 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

Imagine that you're dreaming right now. And your mind is narrating the dream based on your memories or past lives (consciousness manifested through multiple forms). So you're living inside this story that your mind has created... then all of a sudden you realize that something's not right and you're inside a dream. As soon as you realize this, the rules start to fall apart and you're consciously manipulating your dream, although you're still being inside a dream. And this could go on forever and ever and never end. It may sound crazy but are we sure that we're awake enough? Or we're just acting like a bunch of retarded monkeys just because the story says so?

@Member

I’m pretty sure I’m awake

Its possibly that this is all a dream

E.g. the Bill Hicks quote

“All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.”

More like life being a dream state

I don’t believe we’re in some matrix 

Still doesn’t explain the - “reality should be the same as your limbs”

11 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

E.g. the Bill Hicks quote

“All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.”

Still doesn’t explain the - “reality should be the same as your limbs”

The difference is only a matter of perception. There's actually no difference between your body and the world around you.

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

The Truth is that you as Consciousness is everywhere

I understand what you are saying BUT what I am saying is something else. Is the difference between a stupid monkey and a superhuman living in a distant future. Just tell me, what makes you think that you're Meta-Man and you're living in 2020? You're just fooling yourself into believing this story just because it is plain obvious. This will get you nowhere. You might as well think that you're just a stuck pixel on a screen.

4 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

This is exactly what I’m saying.

I don’t think we understand eachother.

I'm a talking from a 4D perspective, you're talking from a 3D perspective. Our consciousness cannot evolve if it's stuck into this 3D world.