Scholar

Can God love enough to endure Infinite Seperation?

123 posts in this topic

@Someone here I don’t disagree with what you are imagining to be real. 

My mind thrives in ambiguity, uncertainty, paradox, relativity, creativity and groundless exploration. Yet this usually doesn’t resonate with others. 

31 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not clear what definitions you are imagining for “a thing” and “exist”.

They don't need definitions. Anything that occurs in your perception field (including thoughts and images and memories).   Even if it's a dream it exists as a Dream as a fantasy but it exists nonetheless as that! 

Saying Everything is real is the same as Nothing is real. I don’t disagree with this. I’m n terms of the imagined vs real duality, it would follow that Everything and Nothing is imaginary. These are constructs that I offered. 

Nope!.  First of all nothing is just no thing it's a self contradictory concept. So let's just put that aside .  There isn't such a thing as "everything" either. What you call "everything" or "the universe" is simply the sum total of what you've had an experience of up to this point of your life anything else is just a speculation of yours. And all of those are real(not real and unreal).  But let's just suppose this "everything is real". How does that mean that "nothing is real"??.  I can't get it. If you mean that there is something that's called "nothing" that is real that would be a contradiction. If you mean that no thing is real that would be contradicting the statement (everything is real). They are totally opposed to each other. 

We can also create distinctions among imaginary and real. For example, we could say that a Unicorn is imaginary and not real. We could also say that the imagination of a Unicorn is real. 

Yes the image of the unicorn in your mind is real as an image in your mind. The actual unicorn however is either real or not.  The image and the actual thing are not the same. 

You mention the phrase “doesn’t exist”. We could also inquire “What is existence?”. For example, we could say a chair exists because it is a physical object. Yet this is at a macro level. At a quantum level, the chair doesn’t exist as a physical object. Physical vs nonphysical is a duality we create to make sense of our perception. And its quite useful in navigating life. Yet it breaks down upon closer inspection. 

Existence is this thing that's in front of you right now whatever it is. 

Let's just use the criteria of direct experience. Anything that's in direct experience is real and it exists . Neither me nor you had an experience of quantum level in actuality (I assume) .  And that opens up the topic of appearance VS stuff behind the scenes.  I ask you this because I made a thread about it few weeks ago and I didn't get satisfying answers : is there something beyond direct experience?  Is there really atoms and molecules and quantum level? 

10 hours ago, Member said:

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

39 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Someone here I don’t disagree with what you are imagining to be real. 

My mind thrives in ambiguity, uncertainty, paradox, relativity, creativity and groundless exploration. Yet this usually doesn’t resonate with others. 

I'm not imagining anything. Even the stuff that I am actually imagining  (thoughts and images in my mind) are real as that.  The imagination is not an opposite to reality.  The imagination is a part of reality that is less solid but real nonetheless.   It doesn't add anything to say that everything is imagination so long as it exists. A monster in a nightmare for example is as terrifying and painful as a waking state monster. 

-Osho

What you call "everything" or "the universe" is simply the sum total of what you've had an experience of up to this point of your life anything else is just a speculation of yours.”

No. I’m pointing to Absolute Infinity. 

“ First of all nothing is just no thing it's a self contradictory concept.”

This is not what I am pointing to with the term Nothing. Direct experience with the null void is important for understanding. 

But let's just suppose this "everything is real". How does that mean that "nothing is real"??.

Because Everything = Nothing

Existence is this thing that's in front of you right now whatever it is.”

Hehehe. I love the interplay of certainty and uncertainty here. Groundless grounding. So beautiful. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm not imagining anything. Even the stuff that I am actually imagining  (thoughts and images in my mind) are real as that.  The imagination is not an opposite to reality.  The imagination is a part of reality that is less solid but real nonetheless.   It doesn't add anything to say that everything is imagination so long as it exists. A monster in a nightmare for example is as terrifying and painful as a waking state monster. 

I don’t disagree with your creations. I would hold such creations lightly so that they don’t restrict your creative potential. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

There's no such thing as imaginary thing.  A thing is either real or it doesn't exist and that's it. 

@Someone here Everything you consider "real" originated from a state of non-manifest potentiality. 

9 minutes ago, cetus said:

@Someone here Everything you consider "real" originated from a state of non-manifest potentiality. 

Sure!  When it was unmanifested yet it wasn't real.  Or you could say it was real as a potential like a seed for a tree. So again it either exists or has some kind of existence (different degrees).  "imaginary" has no place in the spectrum. 

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

"imaginary" has no place in the spectrum. 

Tell that to Elon Musk

4 minutes ago, cetus said:

Tell that to Elon Musk

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I don't have his number. And besides he is a public figure I don't think he will respond to me lol. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, cetus said:

@Someone here Replace the notion of imaginary with visionary.

Well that's still part of reality. To have a creative vision for something and to bulid it and bring it in the world.  I don't think that's what Leo means by imaginary. I'm not even sure what does he mean by that!  I think he means it in the sense like God is dreaming the world. What difference does it make to say God Is "dreaming" or "imagining" the world and saying God is "creating" the world?  It just tries to make things appear less real but it will always fall short.  It's pointless to speak about the world being imaginary so long as it appears real.  

-Osho

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

What difference does it make to say God Is "dreaming" or "imagining" the world and saying God is "creating" the world?  It just tries to make things appear less real but it will always fall short.  It's pointless to speak about the world being imaginary so long as it appears real.  

The point they're trying to make is that there is no objective world outside of your perception and the objective world is more like a sum of hallucinations that exist 'inside' the infinite consciousness. So this would also make 'you' a complex hallucination defined by (let's say) a code that exist in this field of information/nothingness. Basically, it's the same thing with saying that the universe is mathematical.

Nothing wrong with it, only that insisting on the 'isness' is like saying that you have no power and you're nothing more but this stupid code in the "matrix" that you see. That's why in "the Matrix" movie, Neo is described as an error in this code (the laws of nature/rules created by 'programs' living in the matrix/society) which actually helps him to break free from this 3D reality (laws of nature) and bend spoons with his (4D) mind. 

To understand this better, I would recommend you to watch the movie and read something about the 4th dimension.

Btw, I think that 4th dimension is actually the mind from which reality emerges (yeah, it is just a theory but I can't picture it better than that). Besides this, I see no reason why we would think that higher dimensions are separate realities that we cannot access.

Edited by Member

Just grab the ?. 

Story telling is fascinating. 

Rather then 4th dimension would like to hear more about 0 dimensions=all dimensions. 

Nailed it bro. High five. I am just so impressive, highest, most adored, unfathomable. Have infinite financial wealth etc. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Well losing fingers is last thing on my mind when about to enter "4th dimension". 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

Well losing fingers is last thing on my mind when I enter "4th dimension". 

You can't get it if you're just a silly program. You have to switch your perspective to God's mode. Till then, sweet dreams!

Or maybe  by some miracle I can. Maybe I am not a program. Maybe I am more amazing then that. Maybe I am the best thing that could ever be? 

There is a possibility? 

?

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

Or maybe  by some miracle I can. Maybe I am not a program. Maybe I am more amazing then that. Maybe I am the best thing that could ever be? 

There is a possibility? 

?

By your reply, I doubt it.

@Member Well I don't. ?

?I own Victoria's secret, dream worth dreaming. That's my thing, Rupert Spira hell no.