Someone here

Confusion about "appearance is reality".

165 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Osaid said:

@Someone here There are other finite minds but they are ultimately you. There is only 1 consciousness through which different experiences are viewed. You are looking through the eyes of every creature right now but you cannot access that or else you wouldn't be you and the creature you are accessing wouldn't be itself, it would become a mix of the two experiences.

Why should the other finite minds be ultimately me?  Is there a logical necessity for that?  Is there enough evidence for that?  I can easily imagine a bunch of cameras.. Each camera is its own distinct perception and there is no link between them whatsoever. They might be linked and they all display in one giant screen but that's just one possibility and it's not necessarily true unless you provide enough evidence for that.

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Atoms and molecules are nothing but concepts and imagination when you are not perceiving them.

Guess what?

Atoms and molecules are still nothing but concepts and imagination even when you are perceiving them

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Atoms and molecules are nothing but concepts and imagination when you are not perceiving them.

Guess what?

Atoms and molecules are still nothing but concepts and imagination even when you are perceiving them

So there is  no difference between H2O molecules and SO4 (poison).? They both just concepts and imagination whether you are perceiving them or not? 

But be careful to not drink a jar of SO4 or you might die.. Just stick with H2O!

20 minutes ago, Osaid said:
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

38 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well this is really problematic!

Yes!

Lol. Quite problematic for an ego.

In what sense is there "no Leo"?  Do you mean it in metaphorical way?  Or do you mean it physically actually? If I fly to Las Vegas and go to your address I won't find you in there? Really? 

I mean it literally and physically.

I am you.

If you fly to Vegas all you will find is yourself looking back at you ;)

Wherever you go, there you are.

One day you will realize that you were Leo the whole time. Fight Club style.

See my/your signature if you need a reminder ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes!

Lol. Quite problematic for an ego.

I mean it literally and physically.

I am you.

If you fly to Vegas all you will find is yourself looking back at you ;)

Wherever you go, there you are.

One day you will realize that you were Leo the whole time. Fight Club style.

See my/your signature if you need a reminder ;)

Whatever man!  I haven't realized that yet.  You are just insisting on it without providing any evidence or explaining how is this the case.  I haven't got my answers yet tbh. But you seem so convinced of that and you seem like suffered  a lot to derive these answers for yourself. So I will just leave you at that! 

Love ya btw! 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So there is  no difference between H2O molecules and SO4 (poison).? They both just concepts and imagination whether you are perceiving them or not? 

But be careful to not drink a jar of SO4 or you might die.. Just stick with H2O!

There is such difference within the artificial context. 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

There is such difference within the artificial context. 

What is the "artificial context"? Could you elaborate on that please? 

-Osho

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What is the "artificial context"? Could you elaborate on that please? 

The artificial context of there being a subject experiencing stuff. That's the mother of all other artificial contexts.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

15 minutes ago, Preetom said:

The artificial context of there being a subject experiencing stuff. That's the mother of all other artificial contexts.

Yes so from the common sense perspective there is qualitative differences between material objects in the world due to the differences in the stuff behind the scenes which  make up these objects (atoms and molecules) which is exactly the point of this thread! 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Whatever man!  I haven't realized that yet.  You are just insisting on it without providing any evidence or explaining how is this the case. 

There is no how.

You must Awaken.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no how.

You must Awaken.

You've had 1000000 awakenings Leo yet you still function in the dualistic world and under dualistic terms :D

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Just throwing it in there but did you know a hydrogen atom is 99.9999999999996% empty space? 

Yea but how does that relate to the main topic?  Whether there's such thing as "hydrogen atoms" at all or not!.  Being ridiculously tiny and small doesn't equal non existence. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

you still function in the dualistic world and under dualistic terms

Speak for yourself

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Speak for yourself

Well can you speak for yourself please  Do you consider yourself fully awakened yet? If so how is your daily functioning in life? aren't Awakened  people still obey the dualistic rules of the world? Am I missing something? 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well can you speak for yourself please  Do you consider yourself fully awakened yet? If so how is your daily functioning in life? aren't Awakened  people still obey the dualistic rules of the world? Am I missing something? 

Awaken and see what's up.

@Someone here You are too mesmerized by appearances. So much that you forget that what you are looking at is yourself. It is all there is. Appearances is the formless forming. You are the constant appearing as changing. 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Awaken and see what's up.

I dig that!

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

@Someone here well because majority of you is made up of hydrogen, the rest is oxygen and carbon. Also these atoms are interchangeable within you, so the same atoms that made you you 10 years ago won't be the same atoms that make you now. So how do you exist in a solid way? 

I think this is not the main question here tho it's interesting to think about the illusion of the self and all that.  But my main question here is whether there is stuff behind the scenes (hydrogen and oxygen atoms etc) that make up the body or not. Because they are not in direct experience.. Is is there more to reality than just direct experience (appearances)? 

-Osho