Someone here

Confusion about "appearance is reality".

165 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, The observer said:

@Someone here

But science says everything is strings. So, scientifically and logically speaking; this?‍♂️ is this ?.

At the most fundamental level, there's no difference between a toilet and a cake and a human. Yet, it appears that things are different and it appears that there are "things".

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. There's duality (appearance vs. actuality) inside non-duality. ☯️

It's strange, illogical, unexplainable, beautiful, wonderful, awesome. Yet, it is what it is.

And how do I know? I observe.

Well yes. There is a shared essence between stuff but they are not totally and completely the same from all possible perspectives. That's just not true.  It's all vibrating strings but these strings vibrate at different levels and follow different mathematical equations which lead to different atomic structure which at the end result with a radically different objects like humans and apples. 

There is both duality and nonduality in the world. Both are ture but for some reason the duality is more apparent and the nonduality is only seen under the surface. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

15 hours ago, Consept said:

@Someone here 

I think what youre missing is that life is experiential, science is a map, if you like, of experience, in that it attempts to break down experience into a physical map that our minds are able to understand. For example 'time' is conceptual it doesnt really exist physically but its a measure of movement, the earth spinning around once is called a day or measured as 24 hours. If you get caught up on what time is you lose perspective of what the point of it is, its also not fixed to how we experience it, other beings my experience it differently or you can be in a different state and experience it differently, there are many factors. 

Every attempt to describe something experiential will always be less than the experience itself, theres not really any exceptions on that. If i experience true silence and peace that is what it is, theres no explanation that could clarify that more than the experience of this peace. You can say yes the brain is it rest and there is no movement and weve done scans and we can see the activity in the brain is minimal. You can even write books on this but the actual experience of peace is not experienced in any way, therefore it doesnt compare to and isnt actual peace no matter the depth of mental understanding.

When you say seeing, 'knowledge of seeing' is not comparable to seeing. Seeing is seeing, any description is less than seeing. So lets say youre blind but youre an expert on sight, youve read in braille every book that exists on the subject,you understand all the mechanics of it etc, you still will not understand it even close to the way in which someone who can see understands it. This is similar to awakening experiences, you can do all the research you like about brain activity but until you have direct experience youre basically blind. For a blind person to argue they understand sight more than someone with 20/20 vision doesnt really make sense. 

Intersting perspective. I was missing this way to look at it.  

-Osho

15 hours ago, Galyna said:

I have enjoyed reading your thread, the reason I told you that I am quitting talking about this particular subject was because we are running the circle. I know that I am not forced to say anything and we're just sharing thoughts, but sometimes these thoughts do not progress. For instance, people in this thread trying to make some deductions for you. Consequently, you open your mind, which is great, you agree, but then, all of the sudden you go back to the same statement you've started with. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. 

Ramana Maharshi had a great quote:

“There is neither creation nor destruction,
neither destiny nor free will, neither
path nor achievement.
This is the final truth.”

― Ramana Maharshi

:)  

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm just arguing to argue. I Wanna insure you that I'm not.  I think that's just the nature of these topics. There is really no easy and final answers to such questions IMO.  

Love the quote btw ?

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well yes. There is a shared essence between stuff but they are not totally and completely the same from all possible perspectives. That's just not true.  It's all vibrating strings but these strings vibrate at different levels and follow different mathematical equations which lead to different atomic structure which at the end result with a radically different objects like humans and apples. 

You don't need science to realise duality. You already know that appearances are different. All the theories and mathematical equations are irrelevant to you realising that a human being is not an apple. You just know it without a shadow of a doubt and they're just unnecessary stories for that specific realisation.

The point of making the theories and equations is to be able to view things differently so that a new set of values can emerge. Imagine if our brains worked via those specific theories and equations only. We would be like computers without intelligence. We would only have one way for understanding reality and there won't be any technology or evolution anymore. Just dumb robots. No matter how sophisticated our theories and equations were.

You can think of that factor of intelligence as the source of creation. It is what makes all kinds of theories and equations possible. It comes prior to science and logic. That's God. That creative essence doesn't have to be limited by what it creates, because it can create an infinite amount of things. It's in fact the other way around. It takes what it's created so far, and it makes something completely new out of it. Like for example, the shift in understanding between the neotonian newtonian physics and relativity. Both are true on different dimensions. Who knows what kinds of new dimensions of understanding we might discover in the future? It would be ridiculous to assume that we've reached the end with physics because we've got to relativity. New theories are always emerging after realising the limitations of the ones before. That's how science evolves. If you want to become an Einstein, find that creative source, and stay with it. Interesting things may show up.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

There is both duality and nonduality in the world. Both are ture but for some reason the duality is more apparent and the nonduality is only seen under the surface. 

Dude, you're totally off the mark.

None of this is even 1% close to Awakening.

Stop your mental masturbation and do some actual consciousness work.

What you are doing in this thread will never work. You are wasting your time, lost in the mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.