electroBeam

Heart rate sky rockets during meditation

21 posts in this topic

Hey, around the 30 minute mark of my meditation, my heart rate sky rockets. I have the sense that I'm going to have a heart attack and die. 

Not sure how to overcome this. My family has heart issues and so large heart rates tend to induce fear. Has anyone gotten a sky rocketing heart rate and fear of death and overcome it?

10 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Does your heartrate increase because of fear of death, or does the increased heartrate cause fear of death?

I don't know for sure but my guess is its a bit of both. Fear of death causes high heart rate which causes more fear of death LOL

13 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

If you suspect you have a heart condition, consider paying the doctor a visit.

Nah got it checked out multiple times. I'm just worried that after the 30 minute mark, I'll loose control and my heartrate will go up and up and up till it explodes and dies. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

Hey, around the 30 minute mark of my meditation, my heart rate sky rockets. I have the sense that I'm going to have a heart attack and die. 

Not sure how to overcome this. My family has heart issues and so large heart rates tend to induce fear. Has anyone gotten a sky rocketing heart rate and fear of death and overcome it?

What leads to the elevated heartrate? Are you relaxed while meditating? Are you focusing too hard? Is your ego dying? Your heartrate shouldnt just elevate out of the blue, that sounds weird.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Your heartrate shouldnt just elevate out of the blue, that sounds weird.

It does just elevate out of the blue. 

it generally comes on when a lack of control happens. During meditation the world starts to wave and warp and compresses and my ego bends all over the place, but I'm still in control. Around the 25 minute mark I surrender completely and just let the universe warp and distort and bend and wave and go crazy but then around the 30 minute mark, there's a sense that the I and the universe gets so warped and retarded that even if I wanted to stop the universe contorting all over the place, I couldn't and the universe will be in an unstoppable distortion free fall to... lol don't know and that's when the heart rate goes up when the lack of control or the sense that there's no pulling out, no point of return (like sex) is about to happen. 

And by that point I wouldn't be able to control my heart beat which means I might have a heart attack. Because I'll be completely out of control, completely. 

Edited by electroBeam

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

It does just elevate out of the blue. 

it generally comes on when a lack of control happens. During meditation the world starts to wave and warp and compresses and my ego bends all over the place, but I'm still in control. Around the 25 minute mark I surrender completely and just let the universe warp and distort and bend and wave and go crazy but then around the 30 minute mark, there's a sense that the I and the universe gets so warped and retarded that even if I wanted to stop the universe contorting all over the place, I couldn't and the universe will be in an unstoppable distortion free fall to... lol don't know and that's when the heart rate goes up when the lack of control or the sense that there's no pulling out, no point of return (like sex) is about to happen. 

And by that point I wouldn't be able to control my heart beat which means I might have a heart attack. Because I'll be completely out of control, completely. 

Sounds like this video might be of help.

This is just fear. It won't go away until you confront it head on. The faster heartbeat is a normal response of your body in that moment. Obviously the more you start focusing on it, the worse it will get in that moment. That's just how anxiety works. You need to get past a certain point, by confronting it. Let it eat you whole basically. Nothing will happen. And of course your mind will go crazy and start telling you all kinds of scary bullshit that will happen. But nothing will happen.

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

@Shiva99 Yeah that's what I've come to aswell. Maybe just let my heart rate go up and trust in god that I will not have a heart attack.

Or just fully accept the possibility of a heart attack. 

19 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Shiva99 Yeah that's what I've come to aswell. Maybe just let my heart rate go up and trust in god that I will not have a heart attack.

Or just fully accept the possibility of a heart attack. 

Panic doesnt cause heart attacks unless youre already very fragile, the body is made to withstand its own stress hormones, I know it feels horrible in the moment though.

7 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Panic doesnt cause heart attacks unless youre already very fragile, the body is made to withstand its own stress hormones, I know it feels horrible in the moment though.

interesting because it really feels like I'm gonna die hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

interesting because it really feels like I'm gonna die hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thats how high stress is interpreted by the mind. You can do this man, Im sure theres something beautiful on the other side of the fear.

Paradigm of fear, survival, death...table for one. Paradigm of creating, loving, dreamboarding...make a reservation for four, cause truth, love, and source will be joining you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@electroBeam

I want to ask you a question. 

Are you concentrating a bit too hard during your meditation? 

Meditation is an immersive experience, so it has to be mostly effortless, like jumping into ocean waves, if you tried to force a meditation state or experience, it can become a boomerang and fly back at you. Instead of creating the normal feeling of calm and relaxation and immersion, it can create discomfort progressively over time, even inducing a panic attack causing the heart rate to skyrocket. 

If you force yourself to look at an object too hard and too long, your eye pupils will dilate, a condition that induces the autonomous nervous system to start accumulating adrenaline by jacking up the adrenal reflex and suddenly, without you realizing, your body is getting ready for flight or fight response. 

This used to happen to me in the beginning. I started doing Transcendental Meditation which is basically free flowing and relaxing and doesn't cause fear  panic or anxiety during meditation. 

Meditation should always be a good experience. So if you are experiencing bad symptoms either it could be that you are forcing it too much, out of some obligation to do it or it could be that over time your brain has subconsciously attached the idea of meditation to fear and hence everytime you sit down, the fear clock starts ticking  slowly and ultimately gives the heart attack feeling. 

Start with slow doses of meditation. Condition your mind by auto suggestion that there is nothing to fear. 

After that, slightly correct your practice. Your meditation should feel natural and harmonious. It should feel effortless and calming. 

Also don't worry about the time that you meditation. It's the quality of your meditation that matters. High quality 5 minutes meditation is better than 1 hour forced low quality distracted meditation. 

High quality meditation should immediately make you feel at peace with yourself, the way you would feel after a heavy cardio. 

Check your meditation method and switch it to your needs and also change your mental state before every session. It's called a warm up. Prepare your mind to think that it is good and peaceful. 

Then your fear will automatically resolve itself 

Remove the thought from your mind about genetic or hereditary heart disease. You are paralyzing yourself with fear. Even if you are getting a heart attack, you can't help yourself during it, someone else has to help you, you probably wouldn't even be conscious to actually feel it, so worrying about something you have no control over is plain stupidity and inviting more trouble. Remove such intrusive invasive thoughts immediately. 

The very goal of meditation is to remove and cleanse such intrusive thoughts from the mind 

You are doing the exact opposite. Cultivate the feminine in you, remove the controlling masculine force that is invading rather than calming, let the feminine side in you calm you down just before meditation and take it cool calm and easy during your meditation session. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Yes yes definitely I think that's what meditation should be about. For me personally, the fear actually comes from letting go too much. You let go so much that you forget how to get back into control, and that's when the panic happens. But in general I agree that forcing meditation is actually a trap because what you're doing is assuming you already know what you're looking for before you start! In meditation you need to drop everything even the idea of non duality because how do you know non duality is true? Or how do you know your awakenings in the past were non duality or something else? How do you know oneness is the same as non duality, etc. But I don't generally get panic attacks from forcing too hard, I get panic attacks from letting go too much hahaha. Because when the whole universe starts to fade and disappear, and you're starting to forget whether you're in control or not, that's when anything can happen. You can go insane

@electroBeam  It might be helpful to relax, and inquire & articulate a bit, what it is to be in control. It might turn out to be like losing a billion dollars. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam It might turn out to be like losing a billion dollars. 

You mean if I'm not a billionaire lol? Otherwise losing a billion dollars would be horrible lol

Thats the light coming at the end of the tunnel. The most courageous are not those conquering the World, but those conquering themselves. Push yourself within. (If you are going through hell, keep going). Thats your ego personality trying to survive. It will be okay and worth it. 

I did not had my deepest awakenings until I challenged myself to death by pushing within. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Well I had the same issue. So I went to the hospital just to make sure I won't die. I was alone in a room surrounded by all this hospital stuff and I just started meditating. I just went with it and then I entered in a samadhi state. Lol

@electroBeam I had similar experiences and it would always show up with this sense that I was close to something huge but I literally felt as if i was dying the closer I got to It: heart rate skyrocketed and twitchy muscle spasms, Wild terrified thoughts, intense feelings of fear and impending doom. Well one night I listened to the actualized episode while out on a walk titled What is actuality... and leo was talking about how death is a concept its not actual, youve only ever experienced being conscious. And for whatever reason it hit me like a sack of bricks as I searched my own direct experience and couldnt find any "Actual" experiences contradicting it. After I saw it I was stunned and finished my walked half dazed. Got home and decided to smoke a bit of weed I had leftover as I processed, It was pretty potent stuff and I wasn't smoking very often so I had a low tolerance. I started to feel myself getting pulled towards that amazing pure indescribable  "something" and just like always before BAM the wall of fear, exploding heart rate my whole body was shaking. This time however with my realization fresh on my mind there was a little piece of me that just didn't buy it and looked at the wall of fear kinda like it was a insecure bully trying to puff his chest and intimidate me into backing off. Then there was this rising tide "FUCK...THIS...SHIT" and I just stared into abyss of fear inside and internally yelled DO YOUR WORST I'M NOT RUNNING. Then just like someone flipped on the lights and raised the curtain in the middle of a intense play the illusion was broken, the terror just evaporated and left behind was this feeling of utter empowerment. The coolest thing is it never faded all the way, It left a seed that to this day still grows and it changed "actual" things, Its not like I'm fearless now but now I'm brave. And seeing the contrast from before and after its clear bravery is absolutely necessary for genuine spiritual growth and something that is rarely emphasized enough in spiritual circles, without radical bravery (not lack of fear but willingness to confront it) vast amazing potentials of the infinite self are simply inaccessible. So I encourage you to be brave and find out how just how much of a badass you can be in the face of fear!   

Edited by enderx7