LennoxConner

Fight for a national UBI- people need money now!!

9 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, it seems like DeSantis and the Florida legislature are dropping the ball big time when it comes to rolling out UI for the likely millions of Floridians who are out of work. The state's failure to the shody CONNECT UI system is leading to a national scandal that will surely come to bite DeSantis in the future. It's more important than ever that we advocate for a national UBI to help sustain Floridians for the next few months. The stimulus check and unemployment insurance - if it's ever even received- are just a drop in the bucket of what we'll need as state to keep us going. Sign on here to demand your elected officials push for a universal basic income --> https://nextgenamerica.org/act/universal-basic-income/?utm_source=FL-5C10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod 

Edited by LennoxConner

I would if I agreed with it in principle, but I don't. I appreciate you taking action though ♥️

The problem is that arent really universal. I live In Spain and leftists want to implement it basically to feed lazy people and parasites. The Ubi should be for everybody  medium class too, and then only those with higher ambitions should work hard for more.

There is no need for the entire nation of the U.S. to do this.  If Florida wants to do this then go ahead.  Nothing is preventing you from doing it.  Why would you want my money to go to D.C. so they can take their 35% cut and deliver it to you.  If it is successful it will spread to other states......or everyone will move to Florida, LOL.

Its something they need to seriously look at in the wake of this pandemic, im not sure exactly how it will be implemented but that will be very important of course. I dont think its fair to say dont do it just because of lazy people or whatever, the fact is workers wagers have stagnated over the last 50 years or so where as ceos and bankers have been getting more and more money meaning the wealth gap has increased significantly and everyones just gotten used to that, it can only continue for so long. Its either a universal wage rise which would be difficult to do, or the ubi which might even be more difficult but i think once people get used to having their basics covered it wont be such a problem, I also cant see a situation where lots of people just give up work 

@remember I agree its hard to measure the sufficient amount of work thats required and how that correlates with how much you make. For example a multi-millionaire who makes money off clever investments with money left to him from his parents and works a 4 hour week, does he work harder than a nurse or a cleaner? Why is he more deserving? Being annoyed that lazy people dont work doesnt justify not putting through ubi because if someone doesnt want to work in the west, they wont, regardless of ubi or benefits or whatever. This number isnt that significant and i doubt those that are working will stop working because of ubi 

UBI would be amazing if we lived in a conscious society, as a means to help people meet their basic needs. 

Unfortunately, we don't and Covid is pushing the UBI agenda, which will be used as a form of control sadly it seems, as many jobs will be wiped out, it will become 'Behave how we want, if you want to eat!' 

This already happens in China with Social Credits, if you don't behave how the Gov likes, you don't get to go on trains, planes and other normal things. I expect the same will be brought in globally as a result of Covid sadly. 

@Consept  It's always going to be difficult to do that, I agree. However, I guess this is why we need a personal wealth cap of like (max) 1 Billion or something along those lines, something needs to be done to address the wealth gap between the 1% and 99%, I'm sure a Stage Yellow economy wouldn't allow this. 

I personally have no issues with Millionaires who have provided huge value and reap the rewards, think Tony Robbins for example, my issue is with the loophole exploiters like you mentioned the bankers, etc. 

Ideally wealth should be created via the value you provide- for example creating a business. 

Investing is tricky as companies need investors, and the motivation is monetary gain for them, again maybe a cap and redistribution? Idk. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@remember Couldn’t agree more RE the elderly, the situation over here in the UK is pretty bad with old people. 

Im just not sold a UBI is the best way to deal with it long term, right now I understand. 

for elderly I guess a pension is a form of UBI, which is necessary.

what is needed is a shrinking of the wealth gap, more restrictions on huge Corporations and more promotion of small businesses and tax benefits for them, this will even the playing field more and allow small businesses to grow. 

it should the huge tech giants paying the taxes, not the little guy struggling to feed his family. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

20 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@remember Couldn’t agree more RE the elderly, the situation over here in the UK is pretty bad with old people. 

Im just not sold a UBI is the best way to deal with it long term, right now I understand. 

for elderly I guess a pension is a form of UBI, which is necessary.

what is needed is a shrinking of the wealth gap, more restrictions on huge Corporations and more promotion of small businesses and tax benefits for them, this will even the playing field more and allow small businesses to grow. 

it should the huge tech giants paying the taxes, not the little guy struggling to feed his family. 

Yeah its a tough one in terms of implementation. Maybe there should be a real strategy on how to redress the balance, tech companies pay next to nothing in tax for example. Should also note the conservatives in the UK gave a lot of tax breaks to rich people to incentivise them to come to the uk, this is trickle down economics, the idea that the wealthy will supply jobs and make everyone else better off, but this has not been the case at all. There are many problems in the western economy mostly with favouring the rich over the poor and these need to be changed, im sure if they are they could probably even afford ubi off of the extra money they get. 

One thing that makes sense about ubi is that if you have it you no longer need state pensions, benefits or all the costs around that system. So really its something worth looking into, but it wont be a simple task to get a system that works