Nash

My Nootropics Stack - Would Like Review

13 posts in this topic

Hello, this is what I'm currently planning on taking for nootropics to start off, would like some input on what you guys think. Would especially like some advice on if its okay for me to take adrafinil every Monday and Friday. -

Untitled.png

I think there is a bit too much stimulation from some of those but if you lead aa cognitively demanding lifestyle guess that's ok. 

Adrafinil is a stimulant of adrenergic receptors, basically nervous system glutamate stimulant that will keep your smooth muscles locked and tense. Caffeine is also glutamate stimulant of the central nervous system where L-theanine is more GABA stimulant (calming) so there is a bit of "thug-of-war" going on. I am surprised why they still put caffeine and L-theanine in single pill where they work on opposing receptors

And then the micosupplement is an immunostimulant. Kinda like putting your immune system on steroids. I am not convinced a healthy person needs to do that. Don't get me wrong mushrooms are absolutely brilliant for healing some diseases but not sure I'd take them just for the sake of it. Also unless they were grown on specific trees like birch but only grown on wheat in warehouse, they will just become expensive carbohydrates so that's something to check with the manufacturer. 

Sorry, not being a hater just an opinion :) I'd keep the nootropics when you need them the most and keep the mushroom if you get sick but daily stimulation could potentially lead to chronic fatigue. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I agree with everything @Michael569 said.

I know it doesn't apply to every supplement but I'd say most nutrients, herbs and adaptogens are safe to take daily but beware of other synthetic supps. We don't know a lot about the human body yet and they might have some weird long term effects.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Michael569  I appreciate the advice. I at least want to take the caffeine + l-theanine daily because I want to replace drinking coffee or energy drinks. I've heard things opposite of what you mentioned, that they actually provide a synergistic effect when they work together. I'll have to look into that more.

why dont you try to get modafanil instead? adra makes me feel horrible. modafanil feels clean 

@PenguinPablo modafinal and armodafinal are prescription only drugs. I don't want to go through a hassle sourcing them.

@Nash  why is there  no 5 meo dmt in your list  ? ?

Edited by Deepak sadhwani
some error were there

@Nash You can order modafinil from India I believe.

I get it if you wanna quit coffee cause you don't want to bother with making it but coffee is much healthier and better for energy (long-term) than caffeine supplements if that's what you care about. You can just have L-Th with coffee

You do not need any supplements, you can actually reach a better high and sharper mind with whole foods and meditation, yoga ect..

@Villager Albert is there any articles providing evidence that coffee is more beneficial than caffeine pills?

@Deepak sadhwani this is strictly nootropics, not including research chemicals

@Quantum Toad I'm just taking Leo's advice, since he recommends nootropics. I am doing all of those things as well.

I have decided to take D3, caffeine, and fish oil daily, all else will be used sparingly, at least once a week, mycommunity will be saved for special occasion.

Edited by Nash

@Nash I don't know about any man but there sure studies done on antioxidants that you will find in coffee and they are shown to be beneficial.

Alright, I'll look into it, I appreciate the advice. Thank you.