28 cm unbuffed

Luck

19 posts in this topic

Right now I'm reading this one book about money and there was a concept about what does it really mean to be "lucky".

My aunt bought a new necklace for herself, which is a golden elephant, which is a symbol of luck. There is a guy in a place that I work that wears "The lucky one" shirt like every fucking day. I met with my cousin today, her tattoo is a clock with 13 under it. When I asked her about it, she told me: "didn't you know that? I was born in Friday the 13th". Too much fucking coincidences. 

Trying every opportunity that life is giving us - that is working for our luck to increase our chances, that's how we can increase our luck. Trusting the Universe, do not force anything and going with a flow, that's another way. Being a good human, giving others positive energy so it will go back to us, that's something too. Doing everything that we can to be the best versions of ourselves, while being honest with ourselves. These are the ways in which I understand, we can create our own luck. 

Is there anything else to this concept? Is it something more than what we were taught? What do you guys think and how do you understand it?

What luck really is?

@Meta-Man

I know this story. It's about always having a positive attitude and do not assume anything, I get it. 

Or maybe I don't at all, maybe I am approaching it in a way too simplistic way, correct me if I'm wrong here.

12 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

2 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Luck is when the ego gets what it wanted. In this dualistic universe, you can’t have luck without there also being such a thing as unluck. Everything will be neutralized and equalized eventually.

I don't get this one. It doesn't make sense, I mean, according to this theory, why even work and do self-development when it will be as you said: "equalized eventually"? That's fucking depressing lol 

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@Meta-Man

Shit, I wanted to post it in Self-Actualization sub-forum, got that, but it's even better.

Your view and what you are saying is very interesting as well. At the same time, I don't get it at all, you are talking like some Taoist master and perhaps I am too dumb to get it. 

For example: 

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

That said, you can try to make this ride as comfortable as possible, that is ok and natural. But everything you gain will be lost. 

Can you elaborate on that?

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@28 cm unbuffed from the Absolute perspective free will is an illusion and thus so is luck.  Infinity has already happened and never happened simultaneously.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

The nondual luck of the Irish ???

Imaginary but exquisite :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Meta-Man 

Jeff Bezos' and Kanye's example was deep, I get it. I did a lot of shadow work and I got that covered already, in the process I wanted to be a rapper, a president of the United States, you name it. I surrendered to the Tao, as you say. 

@Inliytened1 @Aaron p @Nahm I have no idea what are you talking about. Umm

@Inliytened1 @Aaron p @Nahm I have no idea what are you talking about. 

Nor should you in your current state of consciousness.   But there are other states.  Much higher states.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@28 cm unbuffed To me, luck is an illusory concept concocted by the mind to make sense of experiences to which it could never fathom. Luck is probably better understood as “at the right place at the right time”.

Is a the wave that carries a pearl to a sailer man luck? No it is more a consequence of the oceans universal nature with its surroundings. Had a bird received the pearl, it just be an irrelevant coincidence. It’s only perceived as luck to the sailer man because to the ego-mind a pearl is a rarity worth a fortune.

Edited by Jacobsrw

12 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Inliytened1

I think I get it.

It's like - from a victim's point of view: something happened to me. From a spiritual person's point of view: something happened for me. Exactly the same thing, different points of view. 

Is that what you mean?

Almost - the Absolute is the collapse of all finite points of view.  We can only describe it from our finite point of view and that is partial and incomplete.   So when i say there are higher states of consciousness that is from this point of view which is finite.   Once you are actually in that state of consciousness all of this collapses and it is a complete "state of non-duality" or a state of Truth or Isness.

So once this has happened and you come back to your ego you are conscious that luck isn't real.   It's imaginary.  Because you are infinite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Inliytened1 Damn, nonduality. Infinite and nothingness become one. No good and evil. No real and imaginary. That must be.. something. 

(And nothing lol)

Indeed :)

Its what we are.  Although we aren't always conscious of it.   There really isn't even a we, it's just the One playing games with itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

34 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Nor should you in your current state of consciousness.   But there are other states.  Much higher states.

36 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Meta-Man 

Jeff Bezos' and Kanye's example was deep, I get it. I did a lot of shadow work and I got that covered already, in the process I wanted to be a rapper, a president of the United States, you name it. I surrendered to the Tao, as you say. 

@Inliytened1 @Aaron p @Nahm I have no idea what are you talking about. Umm

Haha, I have no idea what reality is...or what non-duality *actually* is. I don't know what consciousness is I don't know what my mind is. I don't know what infinity is (other than concepts). I know nothing haha.

I think I just need a good old 5meo breakthrough experience or two hehe. Can you snort vinegar/5meo? Lol

There is no such thing as luck. The term you seek is 'Alignment'.