6 years of self-actualization was a waste of time

70 posts in this topic

You are focusing on a spiritual path and you will probably have to deal with many things on a personal level before. The classic way was: 1. Build a strong ego 2. Get rid of the ego.

I would recommend that you maintain that spiritual practice, but not as your first goal in life. Your main objective should be to solve your personal problems (trauma, career, woman, low self-steem, sex, shadow, etc.). Some ideas: psychotepary, shadow practics, bioenergetics, holotrophic breathing, psychodelics therapy, gestalt therapy, pick up community, gym, kick boxing/muay thai/mma. You could improve your shadow/self-esteem problems with some of this stuff.

Edited by RedLine

You've focused too much on thought.

There are 3 things in existence ever

1. Perception
  2. Sensation 
  3. Thought

If you stop identifying with thoughts or in other words focus on Perception or Sensation you will become enlightened.

I recommend you chat with @Nahm via PM.

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

The problem is that we are not monks. We are rats running around in the rat race, whether you like it or not. The best we can hope for is to keep God in our minds and in our actions. If were rats, let us race together.

But if you want liberation, then go for liberation. Go and become a monk right here and now. Stop playing this half baked, half assed game switching between different modes of operation all the time. Between annihilation, and then survival, annihilation, then survival. We all know what the Buddha had to do to get to where he wanted to be.

But the problem is that people arent brave. I certainly am not either.

But wherever you are, you can find God. Thats been the secret all along. Its a massive joke

If youre a nerd, you will find God in thinking.

If you were brought up Christian, you will find God in the church.

Stop running around frantically searching or youll miss whats right here in front of you. \

Life, its slipping away second by second

Haha even if one becomes monk, one also may not find liberation or enlightenment because he is too attached to the outcome or too attached to their current world.

Also, a monk rests in the monastery all day. Not sure how they can be liberated compared to the one who sky dive or the one who got a snake bite but survived.

It's all about luck. Don't believe any ego who claims that there is a specific recipe for success.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

It's all about luck. Don't believe any ego who claims that there is a specific recipe for success.

haha it's not ALL about luck I believe. A great amount of awareness and deep introspection is probably needed.

anyway, I am not enlightened and i also do not seek enlightenment or liberation because it's not my goal at all.

Edited by hyruga

4 hours ago, hyruga said:

haha it's not ALL about luck I believe. A great amount of awareness and deep introspection is probably needed.

Great amount of awareness and deep introspection is luck. Hard work is luck. It's all luck.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

8 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Great amount of awareness and deep introspection is luck. Hard work is luck. It's all luck.

Disagree.

How can it be luck when you force yourself to.be deeply aware and think deeply.  We can agree to disagree. Hardwork can bring you luck but it's not all luck.

Like take for example, LeBron James scored lots of goals. It's all luck for him! He just happened to be at the right place right time, no skills no thinking involved?

Edited by hyruga

@hyruga lol ok