Rilles

How Do Synchronicities Work?

176 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Permanent satori is what Liberation is. That is what all the sages have arrived at. Saying Liberation is not possible is the greatest spiritual sacrilege

No, there can be only Consciousness, with no person in there. Nobody home. The body has its own natural intelligence and functions without there being an ‘operator’. In fact the ‘operator’ is the problem. Remove the ego and the body returns to its natural state. It’s like removing a virus that causes lagging and malfunction. The body responds by itself. You as Consciousness can ‘sit back, relax and enjoy the show’. Turns out God is an excellent driver.

Meaning is use. Wittgenstein taught us the limits of language. It ain’t what you say, it’s the way that you say it, and the context in which you say it. Words are how you use them. Are we even talking about the same thing, when we use the words "liberation", "satori", "permanent enligthenment" etc.?

When I talk about language (words, sentences, etc.) I must speak the language of every day. Is this language somehow too coarse and material for what we want to say? Then how is another one to be constructed? --- And how strange that we should be able to do anything at all with the one we have!
In giving explanations I alreadu have to use language full-blown (not some sort of preparatory, provisional one); this by itself shows that I can adduce only exterior facts about language.
Yes, but then how can these explanations satisfy us?---Well, your very questions were framed in this language; they had to be expressed in this language, if there was to be anything to ask!
And your scruples are misunderstandings.
Your questions refer to words; so I have to talk about words.
You say: The point isn't the word, but its meaning, and you think of the meaning as a thing of the same kind as the word, though also different from the word. Here the word, there the meaning. The money, and the cow that you can buy with it. (But contrast: money, and its use).

- L. Wittgenstein.

Anyway, there is no god damn operator. That's the illusion. There is nothing to remove! All there is to do is to see through the illusion. No virus to remove.

However, of course, I speak here in absolute terms. 

Relatively speaking, even Peter Ralston -- who claims to have permanent enlightenment/satori, whatever that means -- still has ambitions, goals, a wife, certain preferences and survival-needs. He still eats food. He still teaches/helps people. If I call out his name: "Peter, there is a bear behind you!!" he will (if he trusts me) react to my yelling and turn around.

How can Peter Ralston do all these things? Only if he still sees himself as a person, i.e. still has an ego that wants to survive and thrive, even though it may survive and thrive in a very conscious, loving, light-hearted and selfless way (these 4 markers are the ones I use to decide how enlightened/liberated a person is). There is no ego, not before, and not after englithenment. It's just an illusion - like everything else - and only that differs: Before you weren't aware, after enlightenment you are. You have woken up. But Peter Ralston -- even after his "permanent" satori -- still functions as though he has one to protect, just as all living human beings do, Jesus, Trump, Buddha included.

You will object and say "The body responds by itself. You as Consciousness can ‘sit back, relax and enjoy the show’. Turns out God is an excellent driver."

But aren't you just creating more dualistic baggage now by making this statement? I mean look at the average Joe in the streets of New York. He isn't enlightened. He has no conception of the Truth that he is God/Consciousness and that everything in life is dream/illusion. Right? But there still is no ego within this Joe. Joe is just God running around fooling himself to be not-God, but Joe! There is no Joe! No ego. Yet he still runs around doing stuff, having a job, buying gifts to his GF, eating food. Just as Peter Ralston does! So what the fuck is the actual difference?

Both Peter Ralston and Joe are living human beings -- and by that defintion alone -- they both act like they have an ego! The only *real difference* between the two is that Ralston KNOWS that he is playing a game, that he is in actuality God acting out Peter Ralston, while Joe believes he REALLY is Joe, and that life is a veeery serious thing.
Or in other words: Peter Ralston knows that he himself, Peter Ralston, the ego, is imaginary/a joke, while Joe takes his own ego for granted.

This is to me satori/enlightenment/awakening. Simply knowing that the ego doesn't exist, only God does (which is what you are).

Ralston says:

And actually, yes, I do walk around in a constant state of kensho and satori, but I suspect you have a different notion of what that means. I think what you mean as an awakening or a direct consciousness is experiencing something first hand. This is an important thing to do in this work but you misunderstand what direct means. And you confuse brain and neurological activity and what can be experienced with consciousness.

and:

(As an answer to Leo): You are speaking of experience, and that kind of experience might better be called psychic or supernatural or an altered state. Are such states possible? Yes, and it is possible for one to be very powerful and aware in many ways. But no state, no matter how grand, is enlightenment.

Isn't it funny how Ralston contradicts himself? First he says that he is in a constant state of satori. Then later the says that no state is satori. hahaha xD

"The body responds by itself. You as Consciousness can ‘sit back, relax and enjoy the show’. Turns out God is an excellent driver."

The body has always responded by itself. It did so before enlightenment and it does so after. Everything is God's will. Nothing changes with enlightenment, except that God now knows -- through the dream/form of a "person", e.g. Ralston -- that he is God and not Ralston. Ralston was and is just a joke, an imaginary being. But the imaginary being continues to live after enlightenment -- (unless of course you choose to commit actual biological sucide by hanging yourself or something, but that would be stupid imo, but each to one's own taste).

Trust me, God/Infinite Consciousness always sits back and enjoys the show. Always. Even when God was an unenligthened jew in a concentration camp in Germany, God was enjoying the show. God is enjoying everything, cos everything is his will, his imagination, his creation, his love. Nothing is outside of God. Of You. 

God loves some drama. It's only funnier to him when he gets so lost he forgets his God a whole human life. Nothing is more exciting. Of course it's also exciting to finally turn 360 degrees (when the human dies) and remember that it was just a joke. Puh, what a relief. I'm still God! Yay. Next drama, hmm, maybe Trump? Maybe Leo Gura?

Of course when God wakes up within the dream through a limited human mind, the dream of that human person gets more relaxed, loving, light and conscious. In other words that limited human mind reflects more of God's real nature than other "normal"/"unenlightened" minds. And God likes that too. God likes it all man. 

---------------

Anyway, lastly I will just return to Mr. Wittgenstein and come up with the following idea: Could it be that what Ralston calls "permanent satori" is something Leo Gura, for instance, reached long, long, long ago. Maybe to Ralston it is just the "trivial" knowledge/awareness of being God/of Ralston being imaginary. And then what Leo Gura calls "omniscience" during some deep 5-MeO-DMT trips is something Ralston believes he also has "seen" but in fact has not? Could that be? 

If Ralston calls his permanent state of satori a state of no-ego. Then what does he man by no-ego? An an unenligthened dude also has no ego? So what's the difference? Ego is illusion, remember? What does Ralston really mean by "permanent satori"? Only he knows. That's my point. To explain such a subjective state precisely with words is impossible.

And as I said, the imaginary ego still functions. If I kill Ralston's wife, he will still get mad and sad at me. I'm not doubting that a second, and I'm glad he will be that. Not being mad or sad at me for killing his wife would be borderline psychopathic. Look, Jesus was sad too when he was hanging at the cross.

This masculine idea of permanent enlightenment being a state of no-ego, no feelings, no preferences, total independence, no goals, no wishes, nothing.. it's just so immature and reflects a deep lack of real insight into the human condtion/reality/God. 

God wants to play. Let's play. And if God wants to play a human being striving for becoming completely dead by not having any ambitions at all, then let's play that too. Sounds boring to my ego, but hey, who am I to judge?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

6 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

The question one always have to ask oneself is; on who’s behalf are these ambitions coming from? The illusory separate self, seeking to maintain its continuity, or is it purely God’s will acting as a result of full surrender. Getting to the truth of that requires radical self-honesty. And as we all know self-honesty is the most difficult thing. As long as there is even the slightest sense of individual doership, more surrender is needed.

Eckhart surrendered all, and his work is not the result of personal ambition. He’s stated that ‘the power of now wrote itself’. That’s the place he lives from. That’s where every sage lives from.

How can something come from illusion? It can't dude. EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING in life comes from God's will. 

It's God's will to create illusory separate selfs believing that their goals and wishes and thoughts and doings come from themselves and not from God. That's Gods' will. God's love some play, some drama.

Sure, let's say Eckhart surrenderd all. Or let's say in a more precise way that what happened was that God surrendered all illusion of Eckhart, so that the ego, Eckhart became more God-like. 

To say that Eckharts work now is not the result of personal ambition is true for all human beings. Cos there is no persons. No egos. Trump's "work" is also not the result of any personal ambition. It's God's will. Only Trump doesn't know that, cos Trump is God so lost in Trump/not-God that Trump is the biggest devil God has created in the dream. 

Eckhart Tolle as a person just reflects God's true nature more than Trump. A lot more. That's all. And therefore you could also say that Eckhart Tolle is more free, has more free will. Cos his persona/ego is so aligned with God's nature that Tolles' thoughts and decisions are happenings created by God real-time, while Trump is a somewhat predetermined, done, created Devil that God no longer has "control" of (except of course he still does, he just forgot that he chose to lose control by his own will ;-) )

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

8 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

A dude living in a cabin in the woods would still have some ambitions. Such as an ambition for surviving: getting water and food.

Those are not ambitions. Those are just the basics of staying alive.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure. But what drives a dude to eat and drink is fundamentally the same forces that drive him to pursue a girl and pursue a career=)

11 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@WaveInTheOcean

I’ll just keep it short; you don’t understand awakening at an experiential level

But hey, awakening can mean alot of things. For some it means waking up in the morning

Hehe I would say the same to you based on your comments in here. But let's agree to disagree. That's also fun <3 

For lulz, credits and brags I could add that I've had several direct experiential encounters with states of no-ego, God-realization and even talking to God (that is, my self). But hey, who cares, I'm sure you've had the same. As Wittgenstein says language is a funny thing. How do even know we're talking about the same thing? =)

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

28 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@WaveInTheOcean

I’ll just keep it short; you don’t understand awakening at an experiential level

I've read you saying this to peeps on here before and I don't think it's fair.

I've seen this when ppl try to stiffle others comments and put them on the defensive. 

Just my 2 cents.:)

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How can I become more ambitious? I really seriously suck at this. My life could be extremely minimalistic and I wouldn't mind. What's my problem? Or is this something that cannot be changed?

6 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Why try to become something other than what you are? It’s falsifying you

The problem is; how do I know what I actually am? What if trying to become something other than what I already am is actually a part of who I am?

Edited by The observer

10 minutes ago, The observer said:

How can I become more ambitious? I really seriously suck at this. My life could be extremely minimalistic and I wouldn't mind. What's my problem? Or is this something that cannot be changed?

Ambition is a quality of your underlying personality structure.

Most people simply aren't very ambitious.

If you are ambitious you would never be satisfied with an extremely minimalistic life.

Ambition is not merely some ego trip. It goes deeper than that. Awakened people have different levels of ambition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ambition is a quality of your underlying personality structure.

That can be changed?

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are ambitious you would never be satisfied with an extremely minimalistic life.

I used to be more ambitious than I am today when I was a kid. It seems like it depends on my environment. If there's a good infrastructure in my life, my ambition grows. When my country was on the rise, the economy was good and things were working fine for me. Right now, after 9 years of war, I don't have any dreams I want to accomplish. The economy is shit. Me and my family are almost broke. Even compared to the locals here, we're more broke than most. Things don't seem to be going anywhere better either. Long story short, I gave up. It seems impossible for me to do anything to change my life for the better. There's no more suffering though. Right now, the standards are extremely low compared to what they used to be, and they're getting even lower with time. Yet, I am completely comfortable with my life. I see my life unfolding into the worst directions possible, and yet, I don't give a fuck. I mean I still work and go to college and everything, but I don't have a passion for anything in particular. Not that I feel nihilistic about life (even though I've gone through it at some point), but that really nothing seems to motivate me to move. I only do the bare minimum.

I believe that if my environment could change for the better, then I would change along with it. What do you think about this Leo?

Edited by The observer

33 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:
41 minutes ago, remember said:

you are not awake.

is that ok with you if i tell you that?

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

❤??❤

" If someone gets hurt by me casually saying they’re not awake, then they’re clearly not awake - by my definition."

~Meta-man

??

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Meta-Man said:

Have you inquired into the remaining part that isn’t comfortable?

I did and it's still vague. I guess I see a potential but I am not sure on what to do. All I see is people struggling and stressing themselves out for no good reason because luck plays the major role.

5 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I wish you peace and prosperity brother

Thanks man. Appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:
9 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

❤??❤

" If someone gets hurt by me casually saying they’re not awake, then they’re clearly not awake - by my definition."

~Meta-man

?

She hurted my feelz mkay!?

?

Awee?

giphy.gif

Gotz ta keep up my social distancing! ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Meta-Man I'm at a level of surrender where I don't mind dying, really. I know that everything will be right even if God does not take care of me, because I don't matter - I don't even exist for that matter. And hey, I notice your pronoun for God is She ?

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

you’re not suicidal I presume?

Not at all. Just flowing with life.