Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Identity

A self-reflection on the Actualized collective self-bias

10 posts in this topic

Was re-watching the self-bias episode and started to wonder what the collective self-bias is of the actualized community.

Thinking of actualized as a collective ego. What is this collective ego? In what ways is the lens of actualized skewing reality?

Now, I know that lumping the entire actualized community in one box is very simplistic. Many further distinctions could be made:

- Leo vs. Followers

- Degree of identification with actualized

- Level of consciousness

etc.

However, digging into the core of what we would point to as “actualized”, this term that is separating between an in- and out-group. What is that self-bias?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

People believe they are all more woke than me. Huge bias. They only see their own stage through me.

But I m full of virtue and forgive them ?♥️

First idea that came to me:

- Truth;

this notion of Truth is very easily distorted. Looking at the collective ego of actualized, this term is thrown around a lot. Even when individuals have no or shallow understanding of it.

How does it corrupt?

By having ego’s take it and justify any position they hold. This is basically used as the ultimate close-mindedness freecard. As soon as the ego can get away with stating “it knows absolute truth” anything else can be swiped underneath it.

How does it manifest?

- Closed-mindedness, no need to reflect or scrutinize beliefs and stances

- Blaming/hatred, from behind the Truth card, the self can easily swing around without compassion. There is an “other” that isn’t aware, thus lesser.

- Specialness; I know the Truth! Look at me!

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity I think many actualizers may have “I am different from everyone” mindset. That explains all the “conspirituality” that’s going on.

They may be more likely to believe in “spiritual sounding” ideas like healing crystal, seeing energy, chakras, etc. Even when it’s not in their experience. Not saying that stuff is true or false but I would say people here would be more likely to accept that stuff.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

1 minute ago, Derek White said:

@Identity I think many actualizers may have “I am different from everyone” mindset. That explains all the “conspirituality” that’s going on.

They may be more likely to believe in “spiritual sounding” ideas like healing crystal, seeing energy, chakras, etc. Even when it’s not in their experience. Not saying that stuff is true or false but I would say people here would be more likely to accept that stuff.

Too little reliance on proof before believing things like that.

@Derek White Good point, I think there is this definitely this notion of being different, being special. I notice it in myself often. 

Specialness;

The idea that you are special, different, better, due to the personal development and spiritual work you are engaged in. 

How does it corrupt?

Again, once the ego gets away with putting itself in the position of being special good individual, a lot of other shit can be swept under the rug. The means justify the ends. There is the in-group of self, or actualised, being and doing special things. The out-group is inferiour. Not able to understand as much, not as developed, etc.

How does it manifest?

- Judgement; others are less. They don't understand. They are selfish. etc.

- Identification and belief; As @Derek White says, it can manifest in believing in things that are out of the norm more easily. Latching on to new identifications. I am special, so I have all these special possessions, abilities, beliefs. 

- Devilry; any other form of devilry, really. Whatever suits the self-agenda of mainting the specialness ego.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

One bias I noticed in myself is the bias of needing to talk/think about Love. I think I identified deeply with Leo and then wanted to enlighten others all the time by talking to them about Love, but actually it has the opposite effect, it throws me into unconsciousness, demotivates others (most of the time) and keeps me away from actually listening to people around me and staying present. Thinking is the same, only done inwardly.

?

Maybe its that we always try to find...

Bias

noun

prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

"there was evidence of bias against actualized"

Edited by Chakra Lion

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe