JessicaKatherine

Is having a relationship someting that should be avoided long term?

7 posts in this topic

I know there is an honest sense of detachment with relationships that I have been experiencing since working on self actualizing, where as before there was a stickier type of ego attachment. My natural instincts to bond taking over. Now that I can identify my feelings I don't mistake my "need" for someone for real love.

I am wondering if looking "left and right" in the dating game is not only distracting in nature on its own, but are there real and spiritual benefits? Or is bonding for life airy in the end and why? Will I find this out? I thought I knew and now that I feel differently I still don't know. 

I don't want to get too far into the question because I want to leave it open. I can only describe my own change in opinion but I know I am not always correct or good for my own direction. 

thank you!

Well done. good job. 

You are really growing. 

I wouldn't  call it a distraction. And obviously there are mental benefits to it. You learn a lot about yourself through it. 

Consider it like crisis management. I know it's difficult. When you get around it, you learn how to get around it. 

There's a saying that goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

In the end you're the stronger one. 

Bless you. Have a great day. ❤️

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

No.

If anything, deepen your relationships and bond more.

But also do consciousness work, and fold it into your relationship.

Spirituality deepens relationships.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As Leo says, spirituality deepens your love, which deepens your ability for intimacy, which deepens your relationships. 

Of course it will be different, but in a good way!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

ime if theres no attachment its not real love and the person is not ur match. be open to deepen the relationship but dont force it b cuz if u were meant to be there would be a strange attraction not just a mild interest 

Didnt quite get what your current circumstances or goals are.

Relationships have a lot of upsides. Especially in regards to self-actualization and spiritual development. You will learn a lot about yourself and you get a partner that will help you achieve your goals, set higher goals, see potential in you and believes in you when you feel down.

On the other hand when you want to really get into one thing (like life purpose for example) relationships can be distracting. Dating to find the right partner is a huge time sink and emotionally taxing. So you need to see if you can afford that extra energy and time to invest in finding the right partner.