FlowerNote

Going for first mushroom trip soon

21 posts in this topic

I'm new to Psychedelics, should I go with 1g or 2g?

What are negative or challenging things that can happen on mushrooms?

Can ego death or other deep spiritual stuff happen if you don't want it to happen? 

With that I mean if you don't feel ready for it, can it still happen in the trip or can it only happen if you desire to go deep?

Depending on the strain even two grams can be intense for a first time user. IMO, you can't really go wrong with one and a half. These days I trip quite a bit and always start with two grams when I get a new batch just to test the waters. From here on out make sure you know the strain. Golden teacher is pretty mild, where strains like penis envy will rock your world.

For new users I always recommend to relax as much as possible. If things get heavy going on a walk, or doing something mundane like cleaning, will help smoothen things out.

Sometimes mushrooms can result in depression if your life isn't in order. Bad trips are obviously another possibility, but aren't likely to occur on less than two grams.

Edited by ivory

Let the music do it.

More growth from 5g ?

But aswell could be overwhelming. It depend your ballz. Be safe and stay strong.

14 minutes ago, GodDesireOnlyLove said:

More growth from 5g ?

Absolutely not!

Don't traumatize the guy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura yes sorry it just with actuality and this memes on the topic ! Can't get it out of my mind. Maybe my own call ?

I totaly agree don't do that op.

1.5 was very pleasant for me first Time. I wouldn't go higher. Unless you did at least 5 years of intense spiritual work.

Take pen and paper with you. Can save you if things go to dancy.

Even 1 good gram if no experience with altered states.

I think you're way more kind than me leo. I m overly impulsive on a basic .. me .. Always wanting everything fast. I really need to watch about those impulses within me. Was not my goal. I found his Avatar related to manga and manga teach you strongness of will. 

I counted that in my interaction

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

36 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

I'm new to Psychedelics, should I go with 1g or 2g?

Can ego death or other deep spiritual stuff happen if you don't want it to happen? 

With that I mean if you don't feel ready for it, can it still happen in the trip or can it only happen if you desire to go deep?

1.5g is a good starter dose. I would create a peaceful, familiar setting and provide yourself multiple possible activities: meditation, music, journaling, a video, creating art etc. I find it helpful to allow various activities and do whatever resonates with me. As well, the week prior, I would get into a good mindset. Eat healthy, get exercise, sleep, meditate, yoga that kinda stuff. Also, things like cleaning the house, doing errands, making needed phone calls - so the mind is free and not pre-occupied with what I need to do. 

During the trip, I would have a positive, light attitude. During the come up, put on some happy music. Smile. 

1.5g is well above threshold, yet below the sub-ego death zone for most people. Things will likely get distorted, yet at 1.5g you should still have enough rational sense to talk yourself down if anxiety arises. For example, if the mind starts to have difficulty differentiating between real and imagined, the mind will likely be able to enter and say “this is just temporary illusions due to the shrooms I ate”. I like this intermediate zone a lot. The mind can roll with it and go into some amazing realities. For example, I was hiking in nature on a light dosage as things got weird, I was able to dial it down and think “this is no big deal”, or I could roll with it. I turned my local nature center into a jungle in South America. I became so real, I actually started getting nervous of Pumas. .. . And then I met a park ranger and was able to reel it back in and have a coherent talk with him. Then turn it back on. . . That is the beauty of tripping in the moderate zone. 

At 1.5 grams you're not going to experience a whole lot of visuals. Maybe just a slightly distorted field. However, if you close your eyes, you will notice more colors and patterns. For me, the euphoria is the most noticeable side effect. Mushrooms are nice for just that, the euphoric component. You may not hear about that a lot, but enjoy the pleasant sensations. Relax and enjoy yourself, you're going to be fine.

5 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

The first time I had ever taken psychedelics some of my muscles and heart ache for the whole next day. So don't get scared, some people react that way.

It has happened only once.

Mushrooms tend to give me some hangover the next day.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Mushrooms tend to give me some hangover the next day.

Same here. LSD feels more clean to me but the duration can be a bit of a bitch. Sometimes I just want it to end. Mushrooms on the other hand don't last as long, which is nice, but the side effects can feel shitty.

@FlowerNote Do you know the strain? Do you know what substrate was it fed on? Do you know how dry it is - the weight ratio of fresh to dry? Try with a very small dose. Prepare yourself. Take them on an empty stomach. You don't know what reaction you may have. For instance, a 1g dried with 8/1 ratio is totally different experience than a 1g dried with 12/1 ratio - especially for the first time, especially for potent strains. If you haven't grown them yourself - don't play the hero. Even for a small dose, you should ask someone to sit you, just in case of a heavy nausea or anything else that might scare you ;-)  

2 hours ago, ivory said:

Same here. LSD feels more clean to me but the duration can be a bit of a bitch. Sometimes I just want it to end. Mushrooms on the other hand don't last as long, which is nice, but the side effects can feel shitty.

I think LSD's length is perfect. 4 solid hours of tripping. Mushrooms are too short.

My insights on mushrooms are way deeper than on lsd. Dont care if the acid trip last longer. On shrooms i feel connected with everything and it makes me so calm, i always end up in godmode. I realise i dont have to do shit, so i just watch all the miracles around me. Dont get me wrong, i like acid and after the peaki feel like im invincible(mostly) and i get the energy to do whatever i want. But IMO doing stuff is a ego thing and stillness is revelation.

@AcaciaConfusa I go into God-mode on any substance. Just in different ways, different flavors of God-mode.

Of course your results will vary.

@Leo Gura  yeah i know what you mean and as a matter of fact there are both mushrooms and they using the same receptors. :D i always get acid hangover(maybe its because of too much dopamine release in the process) but with the shrooms i feel just awesome the next day. Even if i eat 5-10grams dry as crisps ;)

@kossondulola I’m going to grow Golden Teacher mushrooms. It says on the internet that they are not that strong.

Thanks for looking out mate. :)

The come up on mushrooms can be a little uncomfortable for me. Say the first two hours. I always get some physical tension. If it happens, just ride it out. Never resist. After this initial discomfort it becomes a thing of beauty. Idk if its this way for other people, but it happens every shroom trip I have. I've had some DEEP awakening experiences on shrooms at 7-8g+ range.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think LSD's length is perfect. 4 solid hours of tripping.

Yeah, that's the peak. The comedown lasts the rest of the day.

9 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

@kossondulola I’m going to grow Golden Teacher mushrooms. It says on the internet that they are not that strong.

Thanks for looking out mate. :)

Great choice! Actually, for me, these are pretty strong, but I'm also very sensitive to psychedelics, so you'll find that out for yourself. GT isn't that difficult to grow either.

Btw. growing your own mushrooms is a great teacher of patience and connects you to nature a lot :-) Good luck! ;-)