Fkdel

I can't visuzalize stuff

12 posts in this topic

Hey, Guys! What's up ? Hope you are all fine :) 

So, i know that visualization is a important skill, and can make u improve in a lot of  ways, but i can' t create images with my mynd or stuff like that. Any advice ? 

Practice. It's a skill. Leo has a good video on visualisation where he runs you through a guided visualisation to get you a feel for what's it's about. Get out of your head and into your body, use your senses, draw up positive emotions. It takes time to get better at it, commit to it over the long run. Coax your brain into doing it to the point that your doubts and resistance to it dissolve. Your subconscious mind doesnt know the difference between real experience and a visualisation, you gotta trick your brain into making it feel real, which you'll develop over time.  Try to enjoy it but also know it takes work and effort and sometimes its uncomfortable. It's not always as easy as people would think, but it will change your life if you commit to it and give it a real go. Good luck.

Thanks Man!! Gonna practice

@Fkdel Hi, I just stumbled upon your post, while traversing through the forum (I just arrived here ;-)). I assume you're talking about "mental images". Do you have any sight impairments or similar? This happens often to my gf when we're tripping or meditating. She can't visualize things in many such situations. You can try to access your other senses first - like try with music. Depending on the situation, you may drive yourself into a synesthetic state, where you can "hear" or "feel" your visualizations. That might help at the beginning, later you'll find your way in the sight area as well.

Good luck!

@kossondulola  Don't have any impairments, my vision is perfect :) 

Thank's for the help man, gonna try :) 

Do you drink coffee or take any psychoactive substance/supplement daily? It may affect your visualization ability.

After stopping drinking coffee I found that it caused some curious effects on me. I feel much better since. Visualization included.

Have you tried modafinil? For me, it helps a lot with visualization(maybe even too much:D). I know it's not something to take everyday but your visualization difficulty is really bad on some days and good in others this could be helpful.

@Fkdel Train yourself in short term memory games. An example of this is remembering a long chain of random numbers and then trying to repeat them backward. This trains your ability to hold an idea or concept in your head longer.

Do the above as well as try visualizing objects, graphs, people, etc... on a daily basis for at least a year.

Good luck, Happy Visualizing!

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

Just train when you jack off bro

Make sure to fap everyday for an hour like me. Masturbate as much as possible it trains you to master visualization. It really works!

Trust me. I've trained for years B|

Edited by AlphaAbundance

All these amateurs in here... :D

https://unchainmybrain.com/learn-to-visualize/

Visualization happens by the right brain, it is very uncontrollable in the beginning and that is the point. Images will just float into your mind, but you have to let them, and for that you need to engage the right brain:

This has some good tips. Do this kind of meditation, or watch a movie this way, in that peripheral sensation.

I'm sure there is something about this in Yoga aswell but I haven't done the research yet.

Glory to Israel

@AlphaAbundance Haha, if anything don't masturbate, excess masturbation, especially for an hour, will completely screw your mental ability. I don't think that's good for developing a very cognitively heavy skill such as visualization.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

Difficult for me too, i like guided visualizations and hypnosis programs because of that.