UnconsciousHuman

Jordan Peterson Delusion

62 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Preety_India

Doesn't Jordan Peterson constantly rail against having a victim mentality though?

You know

"Bear your cross bucko"

"Clean your room sunshine"

"Slay your dragon of chaos"

"Ascend your dominance hireachy" 

"Rescue Christ from the Gulag"

Blah blah blah blah blah blah

More word salads

I'd probably agree though, just curious what you mean

That is the paradox of most conservatives. They judge others for being victims but then they act like victims themselves without realizing it.

It takes great self-awareness to realize when you are guilty of the very thing you judge others for ;)

7 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@Leo Gura Yeah but me as jordan is fucking people over and I am making this post demonizing "him" so can help people not get fucked by me as jordan.

Leo what is the alternative then? To not point out his shit?

Well, for starters, you could tone down the hateful and judgmental tone.

It's possible to rebut someone's false worldview with compassion and detachment. Without making it personal. Without totally rejecting him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@IJB063 It is implied in literally almost all of his videos. 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

7 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Leo Gura

Aren't 99.999% of all people devils in that case, for almost all the time

Yes

But also don't forget, there are many degrees of devilry. Degree matters.

the word devil then loses its meaning

Or it takes on a much deeper meaning.

It's it useful to realize that 99.999% of everyone you know is a devil? Including you. It would sure explain a lot, huh?

@UnconsciousHuman

I think I know what you mean

He constantly brings up the Buddha saying 

"Life is suffering" (A misquote of the Buddha)

Which dooms you, if you are alive to victimhood

But I understand that most of Jordan Peterson's speeches rely upon implication 

That way the audience can project on to what he saying to fit their worldview

@Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Or it takes on a much deeper meaning.

It's it useful to realize that 99.999% of everyone you know is a devil? Including you. It would sure explain a lot, huh?

I suppose so, but that's one of the most pessimistic things I've ever heard 

And recently I've been reading a lot of gloomy old German philosophers

Almost all people, all the time are doomed to immorality 

What separates us from animals?

@IJB063 What you said exactly

1 minute ago, IJB063 said:

But I understand that most of Jordan Peterson's speeches rely upon implication 

That way the audience can project on to what he saying to fit their worldview

This is my objection and my personal resent of JP, I personally have friends deluded by JP and the trajectory of there life took a swing after listening to him.

JP teaches people to take responsibility for their lives -- "Clean your room. Get your house in order before you go and try to fix the world." -- but then he himself goes and tries to fix the world without having put his (spiritual) house in order.

"Get your house in order" is great advice. But this advice goes much deeper than JP yet realizes. There are many, many degrees of getting one's house in order.

@Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

JP teaches people to take responsibility for their lives -- "Clean your room. Get your house in order before you go and try to fix the world." -- but then he himself goes and tries to fix the world without having put his (spiritual) house in order.

He would say he has put his spiritual house in order

(Though he's in rehab I think for benzo withdrawal, truely a great person to take self help advice from, someone who can't even handle klonopin)

5 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Leo Gura

I suppose so, but that's one of the most pessimistic things I've ever heard

Just the opposite. It means we have only tapped 0.0001% of our potential so far ;)

Think of how great mankind could be if even 5% of us stopped being devils.

Ha, he looks a bit like Jerry Seinfeld in this

Kinda

deliveryService.jpg

In my opinion, Jordan Peterson is one of the greatest intellectuals of all time; if not the greatest one. I'm following him since 2018.

Jordan Peterson never ceases to amaze me when I see the way he speaks to people. His speeches are so coherent that it makes me hard to believe a human being can be so articulate. He's very concise when he formulates sentences.

Jordan was asked about his remarkable speaking skills and pointed out that he trained himself for tens of thousands of hours to surpass anyone. And so he did.

His book is the best seller in the entire world because it's very easy to read and it offers massive value.

When I think about the future, nobody will surpass Jordan Peterson when it comes to articulating understanding.

For those who still don't understand why Jordan Peterson is so successful, I'm spoiling the surprise for you: no other person can match him when it comes to articulating understanding.

Without a shadow of a doubt, nobody can beat Jordan Peterson intellectually. And I'm not saying that the purpose of life is to be the best intellectual ever, but when it comes to succces, intelectuality matters a lot.

And I'm a proud fan of Jordan. :)

Edited by The Don
To add a new sentence.

Me on the road less traveled.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

"Get your house in order" is great advice. But this advice goes much deeper than JP yet realizes. There are many, many degrees of getting one's house in order.

24 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ 25 When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.” Luke 11:24

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@UnconsciousHuman

Just now, UnconsciousHuman said:

@IJB063 What you said exactly

This is my objection and my personal resent of JP, I personally have friends deluded by JP and the trajectory of there life took a swing after listening to him.

A swing to what, them taking responsibility of their lives and working on themselves

Jordan Peterson is nothing more than a glorified self help guru, not a philosopher that he presents himself to be

And his cultlike fans raise him up to be

@Leo Gura

How we going to do that Leo

Put guns to the back of their heads a force them to down a bowl of a ayahuasca

You paint a picture where humanity is fucked

2e5a24db90e48c06ed465c64914fe1d4.jpg

@The Don

Hey watch this video, its interesting on the topic of JBP

Note - I don't agree with the majority of what the Voxiversity believes, but on the topic of Jordan Peterson he is mostly correct from my perspective 

@The Don I don't think you actually look at and judge the content of what he preaches. You probably are just amazed by his ability to articulate words and vocabulary skills as well as witty conversational maneuvers. This is not a reason to follow someone's teachings but rather a reason to admire their speech.  Please make that distinction within yourself :) stay healthy bro

@UnconsciousHuman

He isn't really even this articulate silver tongued, he just takes long pauses to give the impression that he is deeply entranced in thought and then speaks slowly in his same mannerisms 

Everything Peterson does is theatrics

For deliberate effect

Specifically to present him self as big brain guy

Just now, The Don said:

Jordan Peterson is one of the greatest intellectuals of all time; if not the greatest one

Which Don here as fallen for 

I bet he hasn't read his works

His best weapon though is his reliance upon preemptive mirroring, very much like a snake oils salesman 

To again, present his prophet, philosopher king persona

@IJB063 I disagree, he's pretty good at speech. He is a very skilled polemicist.