mandyjw

Just Imagine

456 posts in this topic

@Keyhole Very cool, thank you! 

What do predator and prey have in common? The chase. 

I am hilariously reminded of this song. 

Innuendos are funny.

I realized what Queen's Innuendo song is really about. 

Through the sorrow all through our splendor
Don't take offence at my innuendo

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh
Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free, be free
Surrender your ego be free, be free to yourself

Oh oh, yeah

If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky
If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die
Ha, if there's an answer to the questions we feel bound to ask
Show yourself destroy our fears release your mask
Oh yes, we'll keep on trying
Hey, tread that fine line
(Yeah) yeah
We'll keep on smiling, yeah
(Yeah) (yeah) (yeah)
And whatever will be will be
We'll just keep on trying
We'll just keep on trying
Till the end of time
Till the end of time
Till the end of time

Last night I wrote down some things from a dream, I wrote "rocks" (which my handwriting at night made look like "fucks" instead but it was rocks), "expansive" and "trying". 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Relax, Take It Easy

Mika

Took a right to the end of the line
Where no one ever goes.
Ended up on a broken train with nobody I know.
But the pain and the (longings) the same.
(Where the dying
Now I'm lost and I'm screaming for help.)

Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do.
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you.

It's as if I'm scared.
It's as if I'm terrified.
It's as if I scared.
It's as if I'm playing with fire.
Scared.
Are you scared'
Are we playing with fire'

Relax
There is an answer to the darkest times.
It's clear we don't understand but the last thing on my mind
Is to leave you.
I believe that we're in this together.
Don't scream ' there are so many roads left.

Relax, take it easy
Relax, take it easy

Relax, take it easy
Relax, take it easy

Relax, take it easy
Relax, take it easy

Relax, take it easy
Relax, take it easy

It's as if I'm scared.
It's as if I scared.
It's as if I'm playing with fire.
Scared.
Are you scared'
Are we playing with fire'

Relax
Relax.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Why would I want love to be selective? What's the difference between selection and focus? What's the difference between choice and focus? Alignment. It felt extremely good to pick out my last pair of running shoes because I had a literal vision and found exactly what fit my vision. It felt good to select my puppy because there was just a resonance and knowing. I didn't have to exclude the other puppies, find flaws with other puppies to justify why I picked him. It didn't feel like I picked him in exclusion of the other puppies. It felt like knowing and clarity. Like shared, reflected love. That's all. I enjoyed the other puppies, how beautiful and unique and cute they all were. But there was no doubt about the choice.

That's how I want all my decisions to feel like. I want it to feel like a choiceless choice, I want to fully feel the freedom of choice but without second guessing.

I had believed that love was selective, that there was good and bad, love and unloved, and all kinds of variations on the good/bad theme. 

I think I confused my desire for focus, resonance and clarity with an idea about love based on fears and wrong assumptions about the world and how it works. 

Extremely fascinated by Roger's distinction of working mind and thinking mind. It's a little more than an hour in. 

“I ask a flower, “How is it you are so wise so young?”
“With the first morning wind and
the first dew, I lost my innocence.”
I follow the one who showed me the way.
I extend one hand up, and with the other I touch the ground.
A great branch leans down from the sky.
How long will I keep talking of up and down?
This is not my home:
silence, annihilation, absence!
I go back where everything is nothing.” - Rumi 

Weird burst of synchronicity this afternoon, random connections, realized that the profound message I needed to hear was obviously embedded in the low quality kids songs my daughter was listening to. :| Then I opened the door and a hummingbird came up to me and looked at me from a few feet away. I gasped, scared it would come in the house but it flew away. 

Thought that I wanted to take a break from spirituality, and then tried to think of what I could do that wasn't, realized that that's literally impossible, and the closest I could get was to clean the house but even that is spiritual. When I got back from my walk my book had come in the mail Things Will Get as Good as You Can Stand. Some what entertaining personal development for women? Still super spiritual if you think past the narrow examples but also allow the narrowness of the examples to spark new ideas and connections. Actually bought it because the book by the same author was a huge revelation the winter before last. 

Three Successes: 

Functional, stable mood today is a success. xD

Further deeper understanding of gratitude, allowing, receiving, appreciation are all the same thing. 

Deeper observing thoughts that cause suffering

Three things that brought me joy:

My daughter talking about what her palace will be like in great detail.

An enormous oak tree in the cemetery. 

Laughing with my husband about a subject we don't connect on. 

Three things that I am thankful for:

Diversity

Acceptance 

Character 

Edited by mandyjw

amazon review comment on this book, https://www.amazon.com/dp/0893860417?psc=1&pf_rd_p=d8ce9248-9f14-4bd5-8d02-a98af28945ae&pf_rd_r=37TPEZ7W1FDKQQG7VT0S&pd_rd_wg=JQJ3I&pd_rd_i=0893860417&pd_rd_w=xWh4v&pd_rd_r=f43255fd-8e34-4396-b9d9-c5f45577d5be&ref_=pd_luc_rh_crh_rh_sbs_sem_01_04_t_ttl_lh

"The same messaged from I AM THAT repeated again here, but with one new insight I don't ever recall hearing him say in any of his previous talks. He says young people should not adopt his position of apathy but instead to be ambitious until later in life. I'm still not sure what to make of that advice, but it's the one thing that stood out to me about these last teachings that I hadn't encountered in any of his earlier talks."

Who is it that hustles? xD

A thought is just a thought, or not at all, but there are two "types" of thoughts. Ego and creation, Roger's "thinking mind" ego and "working mind" creation. The separation is fuzzy, ultimately doesn't exist... just like the thoughts themselves. Ironically it can be incredibly helpful to distinguish between the two kinds of thoughts. 

I am worth less. I need this, subtle feelings that identify but leave it unspoken... yet to be translated. The creating mind translates, questions the translation and the validity of it. The creating mind has to be fiery and razor sharp to observe the movements of the ego mind. 

Thinking, I am worth less, thinking, I am threatened thinking/feeling, creating mind observes desire to feel better, creating mind follows the breath, connects the body. Eventually the creating mind's awareness of breath ceases, and there is being. (I thinkxDxDxD)

All personal development seeks to empower the creating mind. Mel Robbins count to ten, blast off technique, focusing on your breath, counting sheep at night, all dropping the ego mind and giving it to the creating mind. However, this can work for a time and wear off, or the ego mind backlashes after a time, because it is repressed and not witnessed. Seen through. Felt through. Embodied. Stop thinking about the monster under the bed until you're curious enough to investigate whether there's an actual monster under the bed.

Positive feelings are tricky. When someone else praises, us, we seek that praise and get it, what do we feel? The problem is not the positive feeling but the assumption about who felt it and from where and why it came.

Love is bigger than that. It is always, always bigger than that. The nonanswer is it is always, always so much better than you think. The finality is so much greater than you can ever imagine, because it's not finality at all, and yet also is always ever finality and completion. 

In the past few days I unconsciously gave the job of witnessing no doership and letting go to the creating mind to the ego mind and fell into a pit of depression and nihilism, where the insights were believed, owned and feared. I see this continually on the forum and thought I was above it myself. What was that assumption? Doership. xD

How many zen boomerangs have come back and hit me in the head? Too many to count. 

This entire forum is an unspeakable treasure trove. Read a book and it's accepted that the author "knows". You might disagree. Here, you have to navigate it yourself, interact yourself, everything appears as it is and when it needed. 

Edited by mandyjw

How did I get so fucking lucky?! Why me?

There's no you and no luck. It's all...luck. 

What on earth have I gotten myself into? 

What have you gotten yourself, into? xD

OF COURSE IT'S AN EPIC STORY. It's so epic it's laughable. The entire theme is that SURVIVAL DOESN'T MEAN FUCKALL and love is beyond concern with survival, what people think or even life and death. 

If you really cared about what people thought, you wouldn't care what people think.

Ooooo.... burn. Or chilling. One of those. 

Edited by mandyjw

Got into a discussion with my husband this weekend about how he thinks I am naive. It ended up being focused on the topic of computer and technology and he said I went 10 years without knowing what control z was. I don't know why this just went in one ear and out the other but it did. This morning our son deleted what he wrote and my husband called out "control z!" and it hit me. "Oh... control z means to undo."

No doer. 

How appropriate. 

Edited by mandyjw

Q: The sense of being an experiencer, the sense of ‘I am’, is it not also an experience?

M: Obviously, every thing experienced is an experience. And in every experience there arises the experiencer of it. Memory creates the illusion of continuity. In reality each experience has its own experiencer and the sense of identity is due to the common factor at the root of all experiencer-experience relations. Identity and continuity are not the same. Just as each flower has its own colour, but all colours are caused by the same light, so do many experiences appear in the undivided and indivisible awareness, each separate in memory, identical in essence. This essence is the root, the foundation, the timeless and spaceless 'possibility' of all experience.

Q: How do I get at it?

M: You need not get at it, for you are it. It will get at you, if you give it a chance. Let go your attachment to the unreal and the real will swiftly and smoothly step into its own. Stop imagining yourself being or doing this or that and the realization that you are the source and heart of all will dawn upon you. With this will come great love which is not choice or predilection, nor attachment, but a power which makes all things love-worthy and lovable.

Q: Is your world full of things and people as is mine?

M: No, it is full of myself.

Q: But do you see and hear as we do?

M: Yes, l appear to hear and see and talk and act, but to me it just happens, as to you digestion or perspiration happens. The body-mind machine looks after it, but leaves me out of it. Just as you do not need to worry about growing hair, so I need not worry about words and actions. They just happen and leave me unconcerned, for in my world nothing ever goes wrong.

Q: I can see the mechanism of my confusion, but I do not see my way out of it.

M: The very examination of the mechanism shows the way. After all, your confusion is only in your mind, which never rebelled so far against confusion and never got to grips with it. It rebelled only against pain.

Ohhhhh burn. xD

Questioner: Some say the universe was created. Others say that it always existed and is for ever undergoing transformations. Some say it is subject to eternal laws. Others deny even causality. Some say the world is real. Others — that it has no being whatsoever.

Maharaj: Which world are you enquiring about?

xD 

Q: Results are in the future. How can I know what they will be?

M: Use your mind. Remember. Observe. You are not different from others. Most of their experiences are valid for you too. Think clearly and deeply, go into the entire structure of your desires and their ramifications. They are a most important part of your mental and emotional make-up and powerfully affect your actions. Remember, you cannot abandon what you do not know. To go beyond yourself, you must know yourself.

That awful feeling I get when watching my own videos again sometimes comes to mind and makes sense now. 

Q: What does it mean to know myself? By knowing myself what exactly do I come to know?

M: All that you are not.

Q: And not what I am?

M: What you are, you already are. By knowing what you are not, you are free of it and remain in your own natural state. It all happens quite spontaneously and effortlessly.

"Now I can set the difficulty level to easy instead of peaceful." -my son playing minecraft. 

Q: But you already told me that I am the Supreme Reality. Is it not self-knowledge?

M: Of course you are the Supreme Reality! But what of it? Every grain of sand is God; to know it is important, but that is only the beginning.

Q: Well, you told me that I am the Supreme Reality. I believe you. What next is there for me to do?

M: I told you already. Discover all you are not. Body, feelings, thoughts, ideas, time, space, being and not-being, this or that — nothing concrete or abstract you can point out to is you. A mere verbal statement will not do — you may repeat a formula endlessly without any result whatsoever. You must watch yourself continuously — particularly your mind — moment by moment, missing nothing. This witnessing is essential for the separation of the self from the not-self.

I had an impulse to go back, read this and copy it. I "accidentally" copied and pasted this wrong initially, cutting of the m before missing nothing. xD I see how this "missing nothing" and becoming conscious of nothing... is one and the same.

Questioner: From what you told us it appears that you are not quite conscious of your surroundings. To us you seem extremely alert and active. We cannot possibly believe that you are in a kind of hypnotic state, which leaves no memory behind. On the contrary, your memory seems excellent. How are we to understand your statement that the world and all it includes does not exist, as far as you are concerned.

Maharaj: It is all a matter of focus. Your mind is focussed in the world; mine is focussed in reality. It is like the moon in daylight — when the sun shines, the moon is hardly visible. Or, watch how you take your food. As long as it is in your mouth, you are conscious of it; once swallowed, it does not concern you any longer. It would be troublesome to have it constantly in mind until it is eliminated. The mind should be normally in abeyance — incessant activity is a morbid state. The universe works by itself — that I know. What else do I need to know?

It doesn't matter if Eckhart Tolle is "fully enlightened", or if Ramajii says too much, none of it could be otherwise and all judgement are happening within the illusory mind, within the assumption an an outside ideal and a person who can attain it. 

The mind gives existence to the body. 

Question: Is there any danger in pursuing the path of Yoga at all cost?

Maharaj: Is a match-stick dangerous when the house is on fire? The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it will destroy the world in which you live. But if your motive is love of truth and life, you need not be afraid.

Ohhh burn. 

Perfect on so many different levels. xDxDxD

Because truth is love and love is truth, you cannot judge someone or something accurately unless the intention of the judgment comes from the purest highest love. So. Tricky. 

"As the universe is the body of the mind, so is consciousness the body of the supreme. It is not conscious, but it gives rise to consciousness."

JESUS!

Q: That is how God runs the world.

M: God is not running the world.

Q: Then who is doing it?

M: Nobody. All happens by itself. You are asking the question and you are supplying the answer. And you know the answer when you ask the question. All is a play in consciousness.

When you interact with someone, you are not them, they are not someone. You could say you are the interaction, the space between you, encompassing you. Consciousness of this is love. Attachment to one in favor of the other is illusory. 

On the forum, we see a screen, and unity of one who interacts with it. But we imagine and feel as if there are differing perspectives and viewpoints. There isn't. That would require someone to hold them. 

Applying this to my marriage is a trip. 

"How big is the statue of Liberty?" "What color is the universe?" "How big is the outerverse?" "I'm the first one to name the outerverse." - My son just now.

Google. "No you're not."

"Outerverse is a term used to described a location or structure that is unbound by the idea of Dimensions and Space-Time. Originally coined by Vs Battle Wiki , such term is used in place to describe locations or beings that are conceptually different from the idea of Dimensions (Space and Time)."

Life is getting creepily connected, but I'm no longer creeped out by it that much.

I'm becoming aware of the infinite Love that runs is the universe. 

Edited by mandyjw

M: When you believe yourself to be a person, you see persons everywhere. In reality there are no persons, only threads of memories and habits. At the moment of realization the person ceases. Identity remains, but identity is not a person, it is inherent in the reality itself. The person has no being in itself; it is a reflection in the mind of the witness, the 'I am', which again is a mode of being.

I've been allowing myself to be defined by "others" feedback for years. 

Matthew 13

1 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake.

2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore.

Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed.

As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.

Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.

But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.

Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

He who has ears, let him hear."

The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"

He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.

Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.

This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "`You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, mandyjw said:

Why is this so fascinating? Why is it a meme? It's funny, but also mesmerizing. The guy is so connected with himself, so expressive, so feeling the music, and so... unexpected. It draws you in. You want to judge it and dismiss it but it's too mesmerizing and catchy not to get sucked in. All you can do is dance along or laugh or both. 

Quote from my old journal from this past fall. "This morning while driving somewhere far from home I saw a Happy Meal box thrown out on the side of the road, and watched my judgement start to come up.

I just got back from a run and saw a napkin on the side of the road with writing on it. I got the impulse to go back and read it. "Share your best" I read, but then I unfolded it and it continued "joke" and had a chicken on it.

Apparently God has made an agreement where he will speak to me through litter I've had a lot of experiences with this before. Does this speak to the quality of my faith? 

I ran quite a way and really had a desire to just stop and go sit somewhere, but there were too many houses around so I knew I couldn't do that. I turned around to go back and just where I did were a couple of four piece chicken mcnugget containers thrown out. "Chicken". Got it. "

Today's spirit animal is a chicken. Guitar has one string for a reason. 

M: The world and the mind are states of being. The supreme is not a state. It pervades, all states, but it is not a state of something else. It is entirely uncaused, independent, complete in itself, beyond time and space, mind and matter.

“So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!” - Dr. Seuss 

"Suess Name Meaning. German (Süss) and Jewish (Ashkenazic): nickname or Jewish ornamental name from Middle High German, German süss 'sweet', 'pleasant', 'agreeable'."