LittleMaslow

How do you get what you want in politics?

21 posts in this topic

I'm seeing a lot of people feeling angry, unseen and defeated after Sanders lost the DNC nomination. I can't help but feel similarly but I wonder how you can get a system made up of corrupt government, media and business to listen if you don't have billions of dollars behind you. The rape of our democratic process and looting of the federal coffers by banks and corporations that's gone on for more than 30 years is so blatant and insufferable that Americans can no longer tolerate it. How do you assert yourself and make your demands clear? I'm not advocating for violent revolution but at times I think that rioting  and destruction is the only thing that will create change in this mess since asking nicely, protesting and whatever else doesn't seem to work against a coterie of big businesses and politicians seeking to unravel any social progress of the 20th century. You can't just "be conscious" towards unconscious people in power and expect them to change, they'll just continue with business as usual. So the question begs an answer: how do you get a government to listen to its citizens when they repeatedly ignore your concerns and leave you out in the cold? What do you do when protesting is met with violent opposition from the powers that be?

I think the most important thing is education and communication. Too many one-sided perspectives and not enough understanding. Too much competition and not enough cooperation.  Most people don't understand politics enough to actually make the right decision. People are fearful of political discussion and stopped trying to understand the other side. They have almost no holistic understanding and only doing what they think will benefit themselves. This will eventually backfire and they will learn the truth the hard way. Until all the people wake up and speak out together, you won't see much change.

This may sound crazy, but start a mass movement of not voting. Come up with a clear list of demands to fix the rigged election process. There's so much broken with the process, we have to address these issues first rather than continue to prop up the system by voting for the lesser of two evils time and time again. Do not vote until the demands are met. 

I'm considering putting together a website to do just that. 

22 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

This may sound crazy, but start a mass movement of not voting. 

Interesting idea, but how does the movement have any actual bargaining power in this situation? If elections will still go on without the movement and you end up whomever you get as president, why would The Establishment care if people don't vote so long as they get what they wanted out of the deal? I can't see how you'd have any actual power over The Establishment in this kind of a scenario.

If you were talkin' massive work strikes and shutting down industries. Also, if the workers who keep society running (like transit workers, policemen, firemen, etc.) stopped going to work, that might also get The Establishment paying attention. I can't help but think movement has to effect their bottom line before they can have any actual power.

@LittleMaslow The problem is how would you convince people to do strikes? Most of them are already struggling to survive. People are so politically divided that they won't trust anything and only do what they want. The situation will need to be bad enough to really wake them up in order for them to do anything. With the sheer amount of disinformation on all sides, it is gonna be hard to unify the people to a single cause. 

Progressive change has always required years and lots of pressure. People in power do not just give up their power willingly.

But also keep in mind, just because you want society to be progressive does not mean everyone else does too. In a democracy, many people are moderate or conservative. That means they vote for someone like Joe Biden. Bernie didn't have a money problem. His message was clear. It's just that he was too progressive for average folks. Bernie didn't lose because some evil elites held him back. Bernie lost because most voters are not progressive and don't want such fundamental change.

In a democracy sometimes you have to accept defeat.

If you are very progressive, chances are society will never be as progrssive as you want, because you are ahead of your time. This is not because of evil elites, it's because average people are not ready to make the sacrifices that progressivism requires.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It all comes down to the potential for violence. That's how the state funds itself, that's how the retarded single mother takes the genius' money.

When the aggregate intelligence is lowered, so is all aspects of a nation and the surrounding nations to some extent.

This is unavoidable since only people with low intelligence are cabable of having children. 

Check out Ed Dutton's work for more details. He's very biased toward having children and seems to be very low in the spiritual smarts, but when it comes to the facts he seems to have a grip.

Just now, Heyyyyyy said:

Einstein had low intelligence, I know this might sound outlandish to you.

I can give you someone enlightened who has kids if you want, lol

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

4 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

I can give you someone enlightened who has kids if you want, lol

You can be enlightened and be extremely stupid. Just grab a kid from a special needs class and pump him full of 5meo-dmt. If you're going by a certain def of enlightenment.

Leo mentioned you being able to endure massive amounts of pain for a long time whilst blissed out as a test for enlightenment, and no one here would consider drugs "cheating", sooo.

15 minutes ago, Heyyyyyy said:

"certain def"

You are trying to avoid being wrong by using a technicality.

That technicality being a definition that no one here uses.

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

What does this discussion of intelligence in bloodlines and enlightenment have to do with the topic of this thread? Start a new thread if you're going to hijack the conversation and take it on a tangent.

1 hour ago, Heyyyyyy said:

It all comes down to the potential for violence. That's how the state funds itself, that's how the retarded single mother takes the genius' money.

When the aggregate intelligence is lowered, so is all aspects of a nation and the surrounding nations to some extent.

This is unavoidable since only people with low intelligence are cabable of having children. 

Check out Ed Dutton's work for more details. He's very biased toward having children and seems to be very low in the spiritual smarts, but when it comes to the facts he seems to have a grip.

how retarded are you actually? your mom is probably the scapegoat of the family got the reason you are even alive.

without wanting to get personal - just realize the mechanism at work.

maybe i didn’t exactly catch at what this is pointing at exactly from your perspective because the mother scapegoating for being in the weaker position is upsetting,  the mechanism is a psychosocial phenomenon.

Edited by remember

35 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

You are trying to avoid being wrong by using a technicality.

That technicality being a definition that no one here uses.

Would you prefer me to use terms incorrectly so that you have an easier time correcting me? 

13 minutes ago, remember said:

how retarded are you actually? your mom is probably the scapegoat of the family got the reason you are even alive.

Literacy was never a priority for you, was it?

6 minutes ago, Heyyyyyy said:

Literacy was never a priority for you, was it?

no sweetheart, because there was something bigger there to understand than how to learn a fourth language ?

who would have known it would develop such a big ego?

Edited by remember

@Leo Gura could you close this thread? A couple of children are turning it into a flamewar and the conversation is pretty much over. 

1 hour ago, LittleMaslow said:

@Leo Gura could you close this thread? A couple of children are turning it into a flamewar and the conversation is pretty much over. 

:ph34r: who did?

1 hour ago, LittleMaslow said:

@Heyyyyyy has been banned for trolling.

Carry on?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?