Carl-Richard

Stage yellow question

31 posts in this topic

If you were to ask one question in order to clarify if a person is in stage yellow or not, what question would you ask them?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@fridjonk Isn't moral relativism obtained at stage green though?

Who is a better human being: Gandhi or Hitler?

@Raphael  Would you say that anthropological relativism is the main factor that distinguishes a stage yellow answer from a stage green answer, or is the difference between yellow and green simply the depth of which relativism is understood in general? Are there any other factors that distinguishes yellow from green that you could phrase in a question?

Edited by Carl-Richard

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@fridjonk Isn't moral relativism obtained at stage green though?

Nonono, they are just as "wrong" and "deluded" as other tier-1 colors. 

Stage green will say it's "correct" to get vaccines. Or they will say it's "wrong" if they are extreme green with loads of orange shadows. 

@fridjonk Would it be more accurate to say that green is the introduction to relativism, and yellow is the capitulation to relativism?

Sure. But, green also has this ego of having to be correct. It's their way, not those disgusting orange people's way or those dirty Trump supporters way. In a sense, they are very similar to orange but more loving and caring.

I'm not so sure if yellow realizes relativism fully, I suppose not because they still fear death. So all their decisions would ultimately spin around fear of death as any other stage, so they would probably choose false truth over death. But they do realize moral truths. 

Turquoise I suppose would be the one that realizes relativism fully. They realize death is imaginary, only if they are fully turquoise or above. This stage realizes the absolute and knows reality is relativity in action.

Edited by fridjonk

see if they have, an emotional reaction to one of the other stages.

I AM orchestrator of relativity in action.

What stage on spiral would that be. 

?

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Would you say that anthropological relativism is the main factor that distinguishes a stage yellow answer from a stage green answer, or is the difference between yellow and green simply the depth of which relativism is understood in general?

Yes, that's definitely its most defining characteristic. Previous stages can understand relativism of point of view but at a very shallow level and that's why they are reactive against differences. Stage yellow understands that everything is relative and it makes him nonreactive because he doesn't consider that something is right or wrong anymore.

But yellow also understand that he is living in a society, that this society is evolving, that he is human and that the quality of his life depends on the level of development of its environment. So yellow is concerned to help society move up the spiral while knowing at the same time that it doesn't matter at all.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Are there any other factors that distinguishes yellow from green that you could phrase in a question?

Here's some other questions:

• Why are big corporations important?
  • Why do we need individualism and independent thinking?
  • Is eating meat bad? (The vegan extremist will be very reactive)
  • What's more important: hard work or relaxation and enjoying life?
  • Are we all equals?

Green will probably have some nuances to the above questions, but yellow will go much deeper.

16 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Isn't moral relativism obtained at stage green though?

@Carl-Richard Some of them if they are beginning to transition, and relativism is certainly a common quality among stage Green, but most Green are moral crusaders.

They can be very absolutist about what they think is right and wrong quite similar to Blue, but Green has simply expanded the range of who is protected under their moral principles.

Being Yellow is keeping most of the good parts of those moral principles, but not being too attached or emotional about them. It is a large step into emotional mastery.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I AM orchestrator of relativity in action.

What stage on spiral would that be. 

Pre-grammatical stage? Lol

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Pre-grammatical stage? Lol

LOL

It's Love.

That's the trick to tier 2, you don't "ask one question to clarify their yellow-ness."

It's very easy to spot blue, orange, and green because of their (general) lack of nuance. The moment they open their mouth they are screaming their stage.

The problem with Yellow and above is that they either appear to be many of the "lower" stages at once, or they might appear to not be a stage at all. To really pin them down as Yellow, you need to have a decent back and forth with them where authenticity is allowed to flourish (and this is important because a lot of stage yellows will hide their yellowness for survival reasons).

On 4/6/2020 at 11:30 AM, fridjonk said:

Is murder morally "wrong".

Are vaccines "good".

20 hours ago, Raphael said:

Who is a better human being: Gandhi or Hitler?

These one-off "trap" questions are such a shallow way to scope out yellow. Implicit is a sort of scanning for any trace of morality, such that if the person in question believes in morality, they are automatically sub-yellow whereas if they don't believe in morals they are then elevated to yellow.

A stage red psycho can say "no" (or be indifferent) to the above questions, and pass as yellow by these criteria.

I personally think that the opening question is misguided in the innocent assumption that one question or one behavior can encapsulate stage yellow.

And I can already hear, "I didn't really mean that, I was just suggesting a what if"

In that case, my answer would be that I would just keep my mouth shut and listen. At length. And ask the appropriate follow up questions when they arise, without having any "prodding" or "digging" agenda.

In my experience, that is really the only way to "scope out" consciously evolved people, there is no need to find a shortcut.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

15 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

I personally think that the opening question is misguided in the innocent assumption that one question or one behavior can encapsulate stage yellow.

That was my belief going into this, but I wanted to see if I could be proven wrong somehow :)

@RendHeaven I understand and see the problem with my questions, thank you. It seems like your much more yellow than me.

I think I just saw a great example of green relativism in a debate (on Twitch I'm very sorry), which seems to be very much in line with what most of you have said on here.

The argument is about whether you should be able to use ableist slurs or not, and the guy in the bottom left says this:

"But having cancer is actually a bad thing. Being disabled is not a bad thing necessarily, being of a different race is not a bad thing, being homosexual is not a bad thing. That's why it's not the same" (1:02:59-1:03:23).

I strongly suggest to only watch those 20 seconds if unless you actually want cancer lol

The green relativism comes mostly from the part "being disabled is not a bad thing necessarily". If they were yellow or above, they would realize that whether cancer is good or bad is also relative. Maybe he will make a concession on that point if he was pushed on it, but the statement alone seems to capture green relativism pretty well.

Edited by Carl-Richard