SageModeAustin

I quit all video games yesterday

27 posts in this topic

Have you tried quitting vidya in the past?

Try to set a timer and play 2 hours per day. And if you cant control yourself force a ban, do something illegal in the game and you wont go back for at least 6 months. 

Edited by Moreira

On 4/5/2020 at 2:05 PM, SageModeAustin said:

So bored. So much free time. So much regret. So much shit in my head. Relationships. Life. Ah. Life. 

I’ve been working out a lot doing the Murph challenge 100 pull ups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 2 mile runs everyday but even that only takes a couple hours of my day. Been trying to read in my remaining time but I don’t want to read all day. What would you guys do to replace All this time.

Start a business and begin down the path on your self actualized life. Most of your time should be spent on your couch soaking in life.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Yo, bro. It seems like you didn't become a money (or wage) slave yet. I advise you to take care of it as soon as possible. Learn valuable skills, get the mone question handled so you can easily manifest as much money as you need

8 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Should high conscious and productive people cancel all of their video games?

it's not a MUST must but on a practica; level - you probably should and will if you are to become super achiever. It kinda blocks your brain so you start to care about solving problems in the game instead of in your life. Which fucks you up greatly. It interferes with meditation too.

i think there is no a problem if you occasionnally take a break from work and play for 2-3 days, or even a week, If that happens like 1 time a year. The problem becomes to happen if you play game everyday and spend 1-2 hours\day. It's a super dangerous zone, because you think it's not a lot. But it actually does a lot of negative things to you because you start thinking about games throughout the day and these thoughts are more interesting because games are designed to be addictive. If you don't believe me, google any good videogame designer education course - all of them spare a lot of attention on how to make games addictive

Bro I think if you get journaling habit right, you can start flowing through life more easily. You will know better what you really want to do, what you value most, what your ego doesn't like, what's your next step. If you write for some period of time you will start to detach easier from your head once you put your though process on paper, it won't have as much power as it does when it bores you in the moment and you will be closer with your authentic self. I recommend seriously to give it a try at least for few days. I consider it number 1 habit, since all the other ones can be built upon that one and also you will be more authentic while building other habits since you will get in touch with your intuition and you will feel what to do next

13 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I have not played any video games in 5-6 months besides one arcade game with my little sister. A good portion of my day is filled with a morning routine. I spend about 1-2 hours making healthy food. One hour of meditation. Usually about 30 minutes of reading unless it is the weekend, then sometimes like 4-5 hours. Then I spend a big portion of my time or regular week days working on either of my businesses. I also spend a good portion of time researching stocks and stuff too. This stuff seems to take up the bulk of my time. I don't really find myself thinking about games. 

Yes, i am finding this to be true for me too!

hello everyone. thankyou for all of your responses. i have re kindled my interest in becoming a private investigator and after doing lots of research and contacting PI's I have finally figured out a way to build my 6k hours without becoming a cop. I have also started looking into getting my EMT license. I have also picked up the violin again, which i have not played since elementary school. 

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.