VeganAwake

Epic Video!! [ lots of veganism embedded ]

32 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@Billy Shears Some people just need to eat meat. It's just a fact that everyone can't become vegan or vegetarian. If you're having these problems I'd consider switching to something else and leaving morality and judgement out of it. 

@fridjonk

Why do you think it's a fact? 

Even before I went vegan I was nearly a complete vegetarian, maybe once in a week I ate some chicken. 

But nutrition is like religion, it's difficult to discuss, especially when it comes to vegan nutrition lol

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

2 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

Why do you think it's a fact? 

I didn't mean it literally, more like the saying. :D

Many people have tried every diet out there, including Leo. And many of these people can not operate like they should without eating some form of meat, even if it's just fish. I've not tried abandoning meat so I couldn't say where I am on this matter, but I will try it one day. 

@VeganAwake

Thanks, I will check it out ❤

I take vitamin B12 supplements and, as I said, have had everything tested by the doctor, everything was fine.

Right now I am taking a sunbath!

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

@Billy Shears (Spiralina and Hemp) I've got both! I like the taste of Spiralina better, but its easier to consume I find!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

@VeganAwake

Actually I've been vegan since 2015 but I often wonder if something would change if I got back to eating animal products. The reason I became vegan was because I couldn't stand eating animal products anymore, I just found it disgusting. I don't miss anything, I would even feel sick if I had to eat something non-vegan today. Still, I wonder whether I am missing something. before and after going vegan I never had huge amount of energy or motivation, only the first vegan month gave me an energy boost, although I really spent a long time thinking about it and paying attention to all nutrients and vitamins. Well, probably it has other causes.

I dont know if you already watched it but Leo made an interesting video that might gives you some good advice!

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

@Billy Shears Some people just need to eat meat. It's just a fact that everyone can't become vegan or vegetarian. If you're having these problems I'd consider switching to something else and leaving morality and judgement out of it. 

Yeah most people don't know how to get the proper nutrition out of a whole food plant-based vegan diet... or vegetarian diet..

You can't switch to a vegan diet and just eat salads and oatmeal and expect to be fine. 

I like the g-bombs:

Greens beans onions mushrooms berries and seeds...is a good start...

If you're low in protein or iron most doctors would tell you to go back to eating meat but if you haven't put a bean nut or seed on your plate... well that's just your own ignorance.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Leo is not one to half-ass stuff, and I'm sure he did these things. And he still had problems. I'm no expert in this so I couldn't say. 

Deer meat FTW. Sorry not Raindeer we do not have them here but I guess it's close. 

Yes best meat I ever tasted just to confirm hell yes to fish too. No pretending no lies no BS thank goodness. 

Not hating on vegans just having fun. Will try but protein intake? 

Body needs animal proteins. 

Body also needs fat intake too. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

21 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Deer meat FTW. Sorry not Raindeer we do not have them here but I guess it's close. 

Yes best meat I ever tasted just to confirm hell yes to fish too. No pretending no lies no BS thank goodness. 

Hehehe, you bet! 

21 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Body needs animal proteins. 

I'm not so sure about that, the body definitely needs protein and amino acids, but it probably doesn't need to be specifically "animal" proteins. 

@fridjonk  it was just a generalized statement...

There of course can still be cases where an individual needs to eat animal products or from Direction by a doctor..

Ultimately all nutrients come from plants... so usually with enough exploration most can get plenty of nutrients being vegan or vegetarian..

Some of the biggest and strongest animals in the world are plant eaters...

Elephants hippos rhinos Gorillas.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I was in millitary. They do not fool around with nutrition. Yes human body needs proteins from animal sources. 

If they could substitute all meat with beans army will first do it but they can't. 

25 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I was in millitary. They do not fool around with nutrition. Yes human body needs proteins from animal sources. 

If they could substitute all meat with beans army will first do it but they can't. 

Yes I've been in the US Navy for over 18 years...

Not sure if you're aware of this but most governments have Financial ties and obligations to the very industries themselves like the meat and dairy industry.

Governments also tend to get their nutrition guidelines from the very industries that are actually selling the products and doing the research...ie.. meat, dairy egg Industries.

The science seems to get skewed when the very Industries that are selling the products are also doing the research...

You won't be hearing much about how eggs have the highest amount of saturated fat and cholesterol out of any food of equal size. Probably won't hear about the negative effects of igf-1 primarily found in meat.

From the World Health Organization:

Twenty-two experts from 10 countries reviewed more than 800 studies to reach their conclusions. They found that eating 50 grams of processed meat every day increased the risk of colorectal cancer by 18%. That’s the equivalent of about 4 strips of bacon or 1 hot dog. For red meat, there was evidence of increased risk of colorectal, pancreatic, and prostate cancer.

Edited by VeganAwake