VeganAwake

Non-duality will never be understood from the subject/object perspective

96 posts in this topic

You will never find your glasses when they're on your head....

There can't be an apparent ME looking at non-duality and saying I get it, its all one (that's still the dream)

You will never find the needle in the haystack when the needle is actually a piece of hay also.

Someone thinking their a separate individual does not create duality...

Duality isn't real because "the separation never occurred"-ACIM.. there aren't any separate individuals that's Maya illusion of the self..

If you go on trying to gain knowledge for an illusory individual... you will be searching your whole life.

Don't keep polishing the holographic Corvette it makes no sense and you're wasting your energy.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

You will never find your glasses when they're on your head....

There can't be an apparent ME looking at non-duality and saying I get it, its all one (that's still the dream)

You will never find the needle in the haystack when the needle is actually a piece of hay also.

Someone thinking their a separate individual does not create duality...

Duality isn't real because "the separation never occurred"-ACIM.. there aren't any separate individuals that's Maya illusion of the self..

If you go on trying to gain knowledge for an illusory individual... you will be searching your whole life.

Don't keep polishing the holographic Corvette it makes no sense and you're wasting your energy.

You can be a separate individual within a body witnessing the insanity of the biological computer reasonings.You may not believe this but all you can say is .....I don’t believe this....

Just now, zeroISinfinity said:

@VeganAwake There is no one else you are only Being in existance, you are literally arguing with yourself. 

I’m not arguing with anyone.I don’t see myself as just matter.The EGOS exist in matter.You are what  you believe I guess.Im at peace and it’s great.Are you? I very much doubt it.Be honest for once in your life.

1 hour ago, Prevailer said:

You can be a separate individual within a body witnessing the insanity of the biological computer reasonings.You may not believe this but all you can say is .....I don’t believe this....

It just doesn't ever seem like it's fully grasped from a me here and everything else out there perspective...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I get this in theory, but if duality isn't real and the individual is illusory etc, then who is asking the questions and doing the searching? There's an individual will hard wired into me somewhere, even if it's part of the whole of Being, it's still got it's own sense of purpose. Look at your language as you promote nondualism: "you're wasting your energy" as if I have some energy of my own to waste.  This is so hard to even talk about, we create a duality of dualism vs nondualism  don't we? Yet talk we must ... 

18 minutes ago, silene said:

I get this in theory, but if duality isn't real and the individual is illusory etc, then who is asking the questions and doing the searching? There's an individual will hard wired into me somewhere, even if it's part of the whole of Being, it's still got it's own sense of purpose. Look at your language as you promote nondualism: "you're wasting your energy" as if I have some energy of my own to waste.  This is so hard to even talk about, we create a duality of dualism vs nondualism  don't we? Yet talk we must ... 

No one is seeking and asking the questions that's why it's called illusion of the self(Maya)

Yes the separate self will always have a sense of purpose.

You're... was used as a figure of speech, language is dualistic in nature.

The limitations of language does not constitute a misunderstanding.

Correct, there is no individual energy but there's an apparent human body that can lose energy.

Duality isn't real.. an illusion of separation or two does not make it true.

@VeganAwake I feel like you climbed up a house roof via a ladder, then pulled the ladder up to the roof, and proceeded to yell at the people on the ground how amazing the view is up there, and that they have to get up there to see it. ?

That's a good thing because your definitely seeing things for how they are, but it doesn't help people below to hear all these facts, since they've not followed the same path you have.

Maybe make a post on how you came to realize these things, and what other members can do to realize these things. :D

Edited by fridjonk

@fridjonk  yeah, it just confuses me to read things like: 

"No one is seeking and asking the questions that's why it's called illusion of the self (Maya)
Yes the separate self will always have a sense of purpose."

Which one is it, am I a separate self or no-one? I'm sure the Vegan sees the view clearly from the rooftop but I only get glimpses and spend most of my time down here with the selves, misunderstanding. My human body is apparent, sure, but so is everything else just apparent, from the POV of awareness. 

Edit. I try and reconcile the paradox with a theory of levels: on the surface I'm an individual self but deeper down we can see it's just one Being (like waves on the ocean). The dualism is still there, also the non-dualism. Hmmm. 

Edited by silene

@silene You've got nothing to worry about man. Either way, you won't find true understanding or insights here from any external sources.

Only with direct experience will you realize these things. Hearing this only creates a lubed up mental masturbation, and in the process, it might end up with false beliefs. Take these things with a grain of salt, and find out if it is true. 

Hearing that "no one is seeking or asking the questions" only ends in belief if you've not directly experienced it. 

@fridjonk   agreed,  I've directly experienced both ego and non-ego, so I'm searching for a way to bridge them both. Calling one an illusion doesn't quite cut it, because they're both illusions from the POV of the other. 

24 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@VeganAwake I feel like you climbed up a house roof via a ladder, then pulled the ladder up to the roof, and proceeded to yell at the people on the ground how amazing the view is up there, and that they have to get up there to see it. ?

That's a good thing because your definitely seeing things for how they are, but it doesn't help people below to hear all these facts, since they've not followed the same path you have.

Maybe make a post on how you came to realize these things, and what other members can do to realize these things. :D

That's valuable feedback I see exactly what you mean...

sometimes I feel like I'm trying to pull people up to the roof of the rope without knowing the Rope is tied to a car lol.

It's also difficult because everybody is sort of at different places and has different understanding.

That post is a good idea....thank you ❤

18 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@silene You've got nothing to worry about man. Either way, you won't find true understanding or insights here from any external sources.

Only with direct experience will you realize these things. Hearing this only creates a lubed up mental masturbation, and in the process, it might end up with false beliefs. Take these things with a grain of salt, and find out if it is true. 

Hearing that "no one is seeking or asking the questions" only ends in belief if you've not directly experienced it. 

Yes this is exactly right and that's why every single teacher is more like a stepping stone... simultaneously giving someone a method or teaching can be counterintuitive and become a roadblock rather than a stepping stone.

17 minutes ago, silene said:

@fridjonk   agreed,  I've directly experienced both ego and non-ego, so I'm searching for a way to bridge them both. Calling one an illusion doesn't quite cut it, because they're both illusions from the POV of the other. 

Harness all your external seeking energy and turn 180 degrees within...

Sit on a chair with your eyes closed and ask yourself these questions:

1) What is this 'ME' character?...

2) Where does it reside inside the body?

3) What does this 'ME' character consist of?

Try to find the answer to all three of these questions ❤

You still don’t get...The physical body with its computers is just. a machine ! ...period.Its already run the programme fully and told you this and you still don’t get it.Both sides of reasonings ...any reasonings are just noughts and ones to IT.The I am God which comes about by having both computers agree on the left and right that they are GOD will always be countered by them both saying I am NOT GOD ultimately......then who’s got egg on their face...Not the robot....it couldnt care less...It’s a Machine!!!!!

You therefore cannot say you are god with any confidence...All you can say is I DON’T KNOW.That is completely different to saying I am GOD.

@VeganAwake Actual (❤️) awakening vs re parrotibg learned stuff from spiritual teachers who also didn't  ❤️ awoken. 

Awakening is terryfing. 

This can't be some black Void, right hahahahahaha. 

It so sad that you see yourself as a parrot.....Sorry apologies...apologies...apologies.It was meant with the right intentions.We are all in this together.

This can’t be some black void....It isn’t....you are just not looking with the  right eyes...You need to balance it out ...Also...who is it that is looking at the black void as you call it?

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Harness all your external seeking energy and turn 180 degrees within...

Sit on a chair with your eyes closed and ask yourself these questions:

1) What is this 'ME' character?...

2) Where does it reside inside the body?

3) What does this 'ME' character consist of?

Try to find the answer to all three of these questions ❤

No you do not ask any question. 

You just sit there like a curious cat and do nothing. Pure senses and if you want to focus somewhere focus on heart. 

Same "questioner" who akss where is "me" responds with "there is no one" inside. 

These ? so silly.