Beginner Mind

Awareness and its qualities

54 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Cool. I was commenting more to the ‘not appearing lately’. In the sense, being doesn’t come & go, but appears to veil itself in it’s own activities (thinking). 

Being is always available but the qualities of Being such as peace, fulfillment, joy, etc. do not always make themselves known.  That's what I was wondering about.  I had a profound glimpse of my true nature a few weeks ago in which these peaceful qualities were experienced, but lately they have been absent in meditation.

@Beginner Mind I know. We’re talking about the same thing. :) I’m pointing out “they” don’t “make themselves known”. “They” were covered, then thought activity was null, and ‘they were known’, and then veiled again by thought activity. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I just mean, sometimes while resting in Being it's accompanied by peace, while other times resting in Being is more of a blank experience with no qualities.

@Beginner Mind If I’m honest I didn’t find that practice much help from Rupert, for me it took working 1-1 with a teacher and working through certain blockages and sticking points, basically a whole process of “unlearning.” That’s kinda wbu o moved away from Rupert and mainstream teachers, they only offer retreats, which are great but I see 1-1 as like 1000x more effective. 

it’s like Being taught a sport 1-1 compared to in a group, you’ll get much more out of it in a 1-1 setting for sure, as the session is dedicated to you and your game in that case and what you need to work on. 

Let’s just say there was a lot of storms before the sun came out for good, it wasn’t as simple as clicking my fingers, I know for a lot of other people it’s similar, whereas, some are lucky and “get it” instantly, that wasn’t me! 

As @Nahm said Being is all there is, it is just often Veilled in 99.9% of beings. 

Edited by LfcCharlie4

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah, I can see how 1-on-1 guidance would be more beneficial.  Not everyone has that luxury though. :(

Rupert has been very helpful on my path.

Edited by Beginner Mind

@Beginner Mind there’s plenty of teachers out there who offer it I think even our own @Nahm does ?

But, yes of course I’m not doubting Rupert you know how much I love him! I just feel it could be hard to to “all the way” without additional guidance in some cases :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I've actually been messaging someone from this forum who no longer regularly posts.  Not sure if that qualifies as one-on-one guidance but he's been very helpful.

And I'm with you, Rupert is awesome!

Edited by Beginner Mind

@Beginner Mind Remeber to when meditating try not to have goals or expectations like I want this meditation to be peaceful or I want to go into samadhi. These expectations are what's actually stopping these things from happening just sit and let whatever comes up come up dont control the exprience 

@Raptorsin7 There’s not that many typical teachers who offer it, many stick to talking to a large audience as you can reach more people easier and when you have 1000s of followers I guess it’s a lot easier, although it’d probably be possible for Rupert and Co to do some 1-1, but maybe it’s just not for them. 

Also, people have a lot of resistance paying for 1-1 sessions, not sure why when they can be so beneficial, I guess it’s because back in the day Jesus and Buddha and Ramana were giving it all away for free, however, they also weren’t living in 2020 in the west, but I do understand people’s concerns. 

But, that goes out the window if people are then willing to pay 1000s for a retreat, and maybe that’s why big teachers don’t do 1-1, I remember Eckhart saying he had 4 million sitting around in the bank. Although, that must of been a shitty deal with his publisher, he’s sold millions of books ?

Also, say your retreat can hold 50 people and each person is paying £1000 for the week for accommodation, food and teaching. Say you pay the hotel, £600 per person to cover the room and food for a week, that’s not a bad profit left over for a weeks work? 

Average 1-1 costs like $100-200 say, that’s 100-200 hours of work to make the same amount, these Non-Dual teachers must be loaded ? 

18 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

Not everyone has that luxury though. :(

Beliefs like this can be inspected, uncovered / under-minded. They’re sneakier than is yet seen. 

@Nahm God feeling gets lost with how to describe it with that inate drive to create. 

That's the very same inate drive to seek Truth. 

Like it's "built in". 

Even desire to help dreamers is built in selfless heart stuff. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Beliefs like this can be inspected, uncovered / under-minded. They’re sneakier than is yet seen. 

Let me re-phrase: it can be difficult, not impossible, but difficult for some people to find one-on-one guidance.  That work? :)

@Beginner Mind

Even difficult is too much, ime. It’s easy. In the sense, there’s nothing you can do that can’t be done. There’s nothing you can sing that can’t be sung. It’s easy. That sweet delicious humorous it-is-already-done kind of easy. 

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Beginner Mind

Even difficult is too much, ime. It’s easy. In the sense, there’s nothing you can do that can’t be done. There’s nothing you can sing that can’t be sung. It’s easy. 

Let me re-phrase: it's totally possible to do anything you set your mind to.  Surely that's sufficient? B|

@Beginner Mind It is totally possible! :) If you’re interested, there’s a link to my site in the signature, and or you can pm me anytime with any questions. Contemplation & meditation is better, but both is more efficient. That’s my biased opinion, but I do the sessions, because I realized this efficiency from twenty five years of path without it. 

@Nahm Thanks man.  You seem more like a "let's design your ideal life and ideal self" kinda guy.  Right now I'm more of a "do nothing (literally nothing) except rest as Awareness" kinda guy.  But I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to get my shit together.  :)