Unemployed

When does "seeking" end?

28 posts in this topic

I have used the word 'seeking' in a variety of ways but I think it can be useful to describe the distinctions that it can be expressed and it isn't limited to just these I suggest here.

There is the 'seeking' as if we are looking for something in the context of not having it or not being it.

There is the 'seeking' of exploring in the imagination the potential of consciousness expanding.

There is the 'seeking' in the sense of introspection, of self examination.

There is the 'seeking' of awareness in observation of what is.

When does it end? That depends on which one is being considered. One doesn't need to even begin and another doesn't ever end.

Turns out that what is actually seeking isn't an entity or an individual. 

The very thing seeking is just seeking energy itself.

This seeking energy feels separate and lacking and believes it needs to find something to complete itself.

The tricky thing about this energy is it actually isn't real, and there was never anything missing. So this energy will keep running on the hamster wheel forever constantly seeking for something that was never missing to begin with. This energy is called Maya the illusion of the self.

So the Paradox ends up being that the very thing that is seeking to become enlightened was never real in the first place...

So when it's recognized by no one that the Seeker is an illusion and there was never anything missing that needed to be found... all that's left is everything for no one AKA Liberation/Enlightenment..

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 minutes ago, Unemployed said:

Thank you so much, guys.   I love you all!!

8_YouCompleteMe.gif

51YA59ZBKFL._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yes, a self-realized knows there is nothing else to do, nowhere else to go... everything is perfect as it is. The tests the yogis do on themselves are driven by Maya. Same kind of stuff the rest of us do to survive.

@Natasha exactly..... here is some of the transcript from my favorite movie... Samadhi (Maya illusion of the self):

"In today's world, the vast majority of people who are engaged in religious or spiritual practices, such as yoga, prayer, meditation, chanting, or any kind of ritual, are practising techniques which are conditioned. Which means they are just part of the ego construct. The seeking and the activity isn't the problem; thinking you have found the answer in some external form is the problem. Spirituality in its most common form is no different than pathological thinking that is going on everywhere. It is further agitation of the mind. More human doing, as opposed to human being. The ego construct wants more money, more power, more love, more of everything. Those on the so called spiritual path desires to be more spiritual, more awake, more equanimous, more peaceful, more enlightened"

On 17/03/2020 at 7:47 PM, Nahm said:

Seeking can begin & end, what is found cannot. 

This was infinitely beautiful.

unborn Truth