Beginner Mind

Direct Access to Peace

57 posts in this topic

@fridjonk Let's just agree to disagree, who knows maybe when I'm 25 ( ;) ) I'll have the desire to try them, but right now I have 0!

Yes I completely agree all of human history is simply God/The Absolute playing with himself, where most humans were not conscious of themselves as God hence all the turmoil we see, to me that isn't that radical at this point, I've heard it from various sources. 

After all if all is God, everything that has ever happened was done by God lost in his own creation? 

I'm not denying Leo goes incredibly deep in these trips, but honestly, the majority of teachers I recommend also talk about the stuff he does. You have to remember Psychedelics are very intense so make the insights seem more radical than they are due to the intensity of these trips. This means you can have these deep awakenings faster, but there's never any escaping the integration work!

Plus at this point, being absolutely happy and at peace, knowing the truth of my own being and reality, the only way I can see it going deeper is in the human dimension through expression and integration but who knows! 

Edited by LfcCharlie4

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

5 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

I can't say I'm content with the peace of my true nature, and need nothing else?  Pretty sure I can say that.

No, I did not say that, you said all experiences after self-realization as mindblowing as they are, are superfluous. If you have not had deep psychedelic experiences, you literally can't say that those experiences after self-realizing are superfluous. I recommend actually watching the video I linked. 

6 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I'm not denying Leo goes incredibly deep in these trips, but honestly, the majority of teachers I recommend also talk about the stuff he does.

I've never heard as detailed explanation of reality as Leo does, and I've seen every Rupert Spira video on the internet, and various other teachers. 

8 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

You have to remember Psychedelics are very intense so make the insights seem more radical than they are due to the intensity of these trips.

When you are tripping deep enough all concepts fly out the window; there is not trip happening, there never was an earth, you never took a psychedelic, you just imagined you did. Remembering something is a mental construction which binds and grounds the ego. Memory=Ego. 

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

but there's never any escaping the integration work!

If you think I'm one of those who takes a psychedelic, then goes about life as if it were a dream, then you are mistaken. I take integration as seriously as possible, with a systematic approach as Ken Wilber offers with integral theory. I work on every shadow, addiction, allergy, and question everything. 

You sure won't become "enlightened" without integration on psychedelics. I and many users here are not just typical psychonauts. :D

@fridjonk Well I'm glad then, and I wish you nothing but happiness and peace after all isn't that what we are all after? 

The truth of our own being, abidance as The Absolute, the truth about reality and then the ever-expanding expansion and expression of this in our own lives and in all areas of lives. 

If I haven't already said this, I'm not denying the expansion and expression of this understanding in our own lives, for that work of course never ends until we die!

I'm merely saying the 'seeking' aspect does come to an end where you arrive at the absolute joy of The Absolute. 

You arrive at THIS! And, it's fucking beautiful and magnificent! 

Well technically we were always THIS, we just simply weren't conscious as the quote below my name says. 

Love :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4  All "seeking" for me went out the window after my very first trip. But we've beaten this horse enough. ;)

- Love ? :x

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet, Terror = Peace. It's the same thing on an absolute level. 

I notice you absolute-tizing things that may not always clarify them.....but actually on an 'absolute' level terror and peace aren't the same thing, the absolute is neither terror or peace, it's absolute and doesn't have relative characteristics of either.

What might be clearer to say and I concur with is that the type of peace, let's call it a transcendent peace, that endures through all type of circumstances isn't one that is dependent on favorable circumstances to exist, it's a peace that transcends the relative circumstances.

One might say to ourselves if this peace isn't based on relative circumstances it isn't relative so it is absolute. Other than that is a form of dualistic thinking it isn't quite accurate in that it still is peace, peace has characteristics of peace that are relatively expressed as peace.

So though I may not prefer to use your word choice in absolute-tizing as I explained why I do have agreement in the experience of the peace that transcends the relative circumstances. This should be the take away and hopefully I've emphasized this.

We all 'create our own reality' but this particular word choice appears to cause quite a bit of confusion as it has in this very thread, so maybe we can create a different word choice. Something to consider. Hehe

Edited by SOUL

39 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I've never heard as detailed explanation of reality as Leo does

Leo offers detailed explanations of the imaginary....his imaginary, not everyone's. It's beneficial to be aware of this.

@SOUL I've had 70% of the experiences he has described, that's why I resonate very well with him. But I get what you're saying.

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

Rupert's pointers resonate with me due to their clarity and simplicity. 

Rupert is awesome. He has helped me with a few breakthroughs.

12 minutes ago, SOUL said:

What you are trying to say. . . 

This made me giggle.

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This made me giggle.

You know... I read back through the post to you and that stuck out to me as not what I was trying to say so I changed it to something more accurately reflecting my own experience just as you replied back to me with only those words.....that's so funny!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAA

Yup, words are funny things.

Edited by SOUL

2 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah, I'm not saying psychedelics are a waste of time, but rather, just that you don't need them to recognize the peace of your true nature.

@Beginner Mind The question is after glimpses of "recognizing" your true nature,  how much are you consciouss of that peace out of the 24 hours of the day?

I think to limit one self to one type of tools is just dogmatic. It´s like since you can realize the absolute just doing Self-Inquiry, then you don´t want to try other methods like meditation. (And viceversa). 

Why not trying all the tools available to make the process as fast as possible?

5 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

No need for psychedelics, says Rupert Spira:

Great realization, want vs need.  I’d keep going deeper with that inspection. Rupert doesn’t need to talk / teach / help, it’s a want. Nobody needs to take psychedelics, it’s a want. You don’t need a teacher, or to listen to teacher videos, it’s a want. This points at The Good News, The Gospel, The Truth. I suspect you are seeing this too. :) 

@fridjonk You sir are a delight! 

@LfcCharlie4 For God sakes already my man it’s a want! Imagine me saying, every time you type a single word - You’re Seeking!!!!!   It’s the same for psychedelics. It does not equate to “seeking”. There’s no such thing as “seeking”!! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

If you have not had deep psychedelic experiences, you literally can't say that those experiences after self-realizing are superfluous.

If you have attained happiness, you need nothing more.  No experience, no object, no person, no psychedelic insight.

11 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Beginner Mind The question is after glimpses of "recognizing" your true nature,  how much are you consciouss of that peace out of the 24 hours of the day?

I think to limit one self to one type of tools is just dogmatic. It´s like since you can realize the absolute just doing Self-Inquiry, then you don´t want to try other methods like meditation. (And viceversa). 

Why not trying all the tools available to make the process as fast as possible?

The peace is not permanent.  But at least I know where to find it now.  And I'm grateful that I don't need to rely on any substance to access it.

As for trying psychedelics, they aren't available to me.  I would if I could.

Edited by Beginner Mind

@fridjonk :x

2 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

If you have attained happiness, you need nothing more.  No experience, no object, no person, no psychedelic insight.

You can’t “obtain” Happiness. It is already the case that you don’t need anything. It is already the case that there is no experience, no object, no person, no psychedelic insight. 

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
― Rumi

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Just now, fridjonk said:

@Beginner Mind I don't care so much for happiness rather than knowing reality and exploring god consciousness. 

I don't mean to spark further debate here, but, isn't it the case that you want to know reality because it makes you happy?

@SOUL I think you have some nice insights and ideas. Thanks for sharing them on the forum. 

@Beginner Mind No, it's because there is nothing else to do with this life. God created duality to experience and know itself. It goes beyond happiness. Sure happiness is a nice side-effect of this work, but it's not the main purpose. :)

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You can’t “obtain” Happiness. It is already the case that you don’t need anything. It is already the case that there is no experience, no object, no person, no psychedelic insight.

But if you are unaware of your true nature, it will seem like you need many things: the right job, nice house, the perfect partner, etc.  At least in my experience, the sense of lack only dissolves when I'm resting as my true nature.