dude

From Boy To Beast

224 posts in this topic

Work

Habit Streak (1):

• Meditation (30 min)
  • Programming Subconscious - Streak (55)
  • 7 o'clock dayz - Sad Boys

Work, Work, Work. Tired, but I know I actually had to work on my Life Purpose. I didn't do anything.

I think that I couldn't sit with the confusion of if life purpose actually is a solid life path. I logically that it is but deeper down I still feel doubt.

- Consciousness is the key

Edited by dude
title

On 26 November 2016 at 8:57 PM, dude said:

@Venus First I sit down for 5 min and repeat my life-purpose to myself and then I sit down another 5 min to contemplate my life-purpose. And with contemplation I mean, asking how I'm going to realize my LP, what the effects will be on my life when I realize my LP, why I do my LP.

I got it from the Life-Purpose course of Leo. He says that you have to do this 90 days in a row than you will become a boss so that is my goal.

Great idea actually; I'm currently saving up for that so thanks for the cheeky insight ;)

Also, regarding self acceptance/love that we talked about before, I found this video that really helped me with some of the answers it gives, especially in the second half of the video. It's really the second video of two so it's best to watch the first one first, but it was this video that answered some questions (it's a Q&A video, so makes sense) that really made it helpful to understand self love, particularly the question of "but when I tell myself I love me, I know I don't mean it so what do I do?".
Go watch it, I hope it will help you as much as it's helped me :) 

Check out the rest of his channel as well. Really great self actualisation-like content.

+edit

I just saw your last post and it made me feel like really pointing out how important self love is because really it's like the main motivation energy that gets you up and happy and pumping to do stuff. If you're feeling super miserable and not properly motivated (which I know happens with lack of love and is completely horrid) then just incase you don't realise its significance, I just wanted to emphasise how great and powerful self love can be; if you do it right, you can have the whole universe's love shooting right through you, and that really is something. Hope it's going great.

Edited by Venus

Hey @Venus thanks for the love, appreciate it. I will watch the video immediately. I saw one of his video's before but this one I didn't see, the channel is really helpful.

I realize that self love is very helpful and important but still experience my ups and downs in it. So it's not reliable yet to use as motivation I think, if I develop it more it will be more steady. But I realize that life in general has ups and downs so unless I get enlightened I will have to deal with that.

Habit Streak (2):

• Meditation (30 min)
  • Programming Subconscious - Streak (56)
  • 7 o'clock dayz - 6 o'clock!

School, went to the eye guy for the measurements of my eyes so I can order my new frames :). Its time to upgrade my swag. Then wasted my time on Shameless series. Did do some home work and planning.

Habit Streak (3):

• Meditation (30 min) - SDS
  • Programming Subconscious - Streak (57)
  • 7 o'clock dayz - 7 o'clock yess

Woke up, jump out of bed straight downstairs so I don't jump back in! Thee, Programming Subcontious, Read, I'm on a roll. To school with Leo in my ear, going back home with Leo in the ears again. Yhea reality is fucking weird, back home, homework, make a video, damn best day ever...

Your Life Short, Don't Ever Question The Length. - Mac Miller

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (58)
  • 7 o'clock dayz - Deeper Motivation Or Night Person?

This one is tricky. Did a video but recognize I need a better vision and deeper meaning. Funny how a lot of the times I just see things as they are. Ego's clashing fucking apes in a cage, so low consciousness but I still do it sometimes too hahaha.

LP

Habit Streak (1):

• Meditation (30 min) - SDS, not the best
  • Programming Subconscious - Streak (59)
  • 7 o'clock dayz

Read my whole journal back its cool to have for that purpose too. I can see how I have managed to live a half year and do nothing. Quite extraordinary.

Going to a party to night there won't be coming any productive things from me for 2 days. I'm dabbeling too much, still even tough I know this concept and I know I won't be extraordinary when I dabble. Focus on LP focus.

DERP

Habit Streak (1):

• Meditation (30 min) - SDS, not the best
  • Programming Subconscious - Streak (61)
  • 7 o'clock dayz

Well that was fun...

Meditation

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (62)
  • 7 o'clock dayz

Worked and had some deep conversations with my family. Told them about meditation and stuff, they knew but I told them more about it. My sister came to me and told me about mindfulness. I told her about meditation and she is trying it too now. Quite fun to talk about it. But she has to discover this on her own. I can't push it on her, I can guide her but no pressure :). If the time is ripe she will understand and do hopefully.

Focus

Habit Streak (2):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (63)
  • 7 o'clock dayz

Went to school and did some programming on my own. Realized that I need to narrow down my focus and focus on the mastery process and 10000 hour rule. This is maybe one of the biggest blocks that is holding me back right now. I don't focus my attention on one special area or skill. Instead I just dabble around.

Deep Work

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (65)
  • 7 o'clock dayz
  • deep-work session (90min) - 3 sessions (3)

Great day, I did some programming for school. Basic .NET CORE website.

Yesterday and today I fully read Deep Work by Cal Newport. Very interesting topic especially in the context of life purpose. Marked down the good points and will of course make a mind-map tomorrow. The book also says you should keep a score of your deep work hours, so I will do that to optimise value creation.

I also watched the movie Apocalypto, it's about a tribe in mexico that get's captured by Mayans. Puts the whole evolution of the human race in perspective, quite amazing how fast we have grown as a species.

Busyness

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (65)
  • 7 o'clock dayz :| - Woke up jumped back into bed
  • deep-work session (60min) - 1 session (6)

School and such late night deep-work, reviewing books.

Do or Die?

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (66)
  • 7 o'clock dayz 
  • deep-work session (60min) - 0 session (6)

A lot of school things. Tomorrow I will have a lot of free time so I need to get on that deep-work! 

Mostly everybody stuck in denial.

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (66)
  • 7 o'clock dayz 
  • deep-work session (60min) - 2 session (8)

Just shut down my browser by accident have to type everything again.

I regurgitated some information from DEEP WORK for my video in my 2 deep work hours.

Also waxed my snowboard for tomorrow I will go to Snow-world. It's a indoor ski hall because we don't have mountains or snow in Holland *crying in a corner*. I'm really looking forward to shredding tomorrow YHEA!

Watched American Beauty, quite depressing.

Snowboarding!

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (67)
  • 7 o'clock dayz 
  • deep-work session (60min) - 0 session (8)

Went snowboarding with my mates, awesome! I'm making a new video gonna be awesome too! Now I'm tired need to rest...

Binge Working

Habit Streak (1):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (67)
  • deep-work session (60min) - 7 sessions !?!? (15)

Got out of my bed very late and went to school. I came back home exshausted but I still went and worked on a new video. I worked 7 freaking hours on this video. I have to learn adobe illustrator and after effects so I'm learning a lot but because of this I didn't meditate witch is not good.

Another Great Day

Habit Streak (2):

• Programming Subconscious - Streak (68)
  • deep-work session (60min) - 4 sessions (19)

Got out of my bed, exactly 8 hours of sleep under my belt. Dabbled a bit thinking about where I want to take my life. Meditated good session. In the evening put my programming cap on and straight worked for 4 hours on my program. Making a goals app, where you can actually write your goals down and it reminds you every day. I already got the app down because I quit just need to make some last adjustments. I need to stop fucking with dabbling immediately.

Life

Habit Streak (3):

• deep-work session (60min) - 2 sessions (21)

Watched a movie it made me cry a little. Shit hits me hard "me earl and the dying girl" its about life.

Did school work, Did thinking about my future, the wheel's should be hitting the road. But I can't decide what I want to do. I just need to start.

11 minutes ago, dude said:

But I can't decide what I want to do. I just need to start.

I just came from watching Leo's video on how to deal with confusion and wanted to let you know a key insight that it's okay to not know the answer right now. Don't fret, confusion is great :) 

I think I got IT

Habit Streak (1):

• deep-work session (60min) - 0 sessions (21)

Habit Streak (2):

• deep-work session (60min) - 2 sessions (23)

I think I want to make website's and earn cash.