nahtanoj

Can Trump winning again would help the progressive movement more than having Biden? 

13 posts in this topic

After yesterday results, I'm sure that Bernie isn't going to win. Can Trump winning again would help the progressive movement more than having Biden? I think it would. Is this another counterintuitive example? In my own personal development having the worst experiences in my life would always bring better times after. 

Sometimes, the progress we want can't be sustained by the current way things are, the way the current system works. Sometimes, we want a different system altogether. What we're really asking for is a rebirth of the system. In such a situation, the candidate who helps the progressive cause is the one because of whom the system will collapse! It's the most counter-intuitive thing ever!!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Nah, too much 3 dimensional chess. A Trump win should be avoided as much as possible.

Biden is not as bad as progressives make him out to be. He would still move the country forward.

Remember, much of the stuff Bernie wants to pass would never pass the Congress anyway.

Will Biden dismantle the whole capitalism neoliberal system? Hell no, but that's not gonna happen even under Bernie. That system is way too entrenched and people are not ready to give it up.

We gotta take small wins.

If Trump gets a 2nd term he will appoint 2 far right Supreme Court justices which will be a horrible blow for generations to come. That alone makes Biden worthwhile. Trump can do things in the 2nd term which will take generations to undo. So it's a poor move to try to help progressives by not voting for Biden. You will live to regret that. If Biden beats Bernie, accept it and vote for Biden vs Trump with the same enthusiasm you would have had for Bernie vs Trump. Never take for granted how much worse things could be than Biden.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nah, too much 3 dimensional chess.

Awww man!!! Come onn!!! I was having some fun being the old gypsy lady giving people an ominous prophecy!! :D :D :D

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We gotta take small wins.

If Trump gets a 2nd term he will appoint 2 far right Supreme Court justices which will be a horrible blow for generations to come. That alone makes Biden worthwhile. Trump can do things in the 2nd term which will take generations to undo. So it's a poor move to try to help progressives by not voting for Biden. You will live to regret that. If Biden beats Bernie, accept it and vote for Biden vs Trump with the same enthusiasm you would have had for Bernie vs Trump. Never take for granted how much worse things could be than Biden.

On the same page. In all seriousness though, if I were an American, I'd vote for a Dem.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Trump is trying hard to provoke a 3rd world war clearly.
I'm not sure, but I heard somewhere that in the constitution's laws if the country is in war, the president will not change during war, and thus he will remain president for another round.

if this is true, it shouldn't be surprising to have trump forcing himself as a president for another round.

It could, by exposing the limits of stage orange to people

@tenta

4 hours ago, tenta said:

It could, by exposing the limits of stage orange to people

Exactly, Trump is so underdeveloped that having him in office would expose the corruption of the entire establishment. That's why almost every billionaire or authority power want him out. He shows the shadow of the establishment. 

@Leo Gura last time, I voted for Bernie in the primaries, and then I voted for Hillary even by disliking her more than Biden for rigging the primary. I probably would vote for Biden if he wins the primary. But by seeing Trump in office is just illuminating and amazing how he is exposing the establishment shadow. 

@Parththakkar12 that's a good point, I was thinking that there is a economy crisis coming soon. If Bernie wins and that happens in his term, he would be blamed by it. When in reality is the current system that is scrambling down. 

@nahtanoj if he did not expose it enough until now, four more years will just make you forget how sanity ever felt.

Edited by remember

The paradoxical thing is that Trump is a much lesser evil than Biden and establishment neocons or neoliberals. Not that Biden is evil but he gonna be marionette of evil. Of real evil, and Trump is nothing compared to real evil. Trump isn’t evil he just wants to be Napoleon.

I've actually started to develop an acquired taste for Trump's antics in a 'he's so bad he's actually good' kinda way. The guy is a living meme!!

On 05/03/2020 at 0:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

If Biden beats Bernie, accept it and vote for Biden vs Trump with the same enthusiasm you would have had for Bernie vs Trump.

You heard him, folks.

Biden 2020.

No Malarkey!!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard