LfcCharlie4

The Problem With Neo-Advaita / Incomplete Teachings

40 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, traveler said:

I felt like this aswell, and was the reason I stopped watching him quite a while ago. Something feels a little insincere, like he's putting on a show or persona of some kind like you said.

Traveler friend lol...?

I really thought it was funny when that lady was pointing out to rupert that she had listened to all the Papaji's Ramaji's and mooji's before finding him... Old Rupert just gave a surprised / puzzled look to someone in the back near the camera...

I was like come on Rupert seriously that s*** was funny as hell crack a smile at least..

I'm aware he was probably doing it out of respect for other teachers though ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake For lack of a better way of putting it, it's clear you're obsessed with one perspective and what has been written here (in the original post) has totally gone over your head. 9_9

Importance is relative.

Consider that sometimes the Truth as you conceive it isn't what's most important.

Can your stomach grok that?

Will a being at Spiral Dynamics stage Red accept or value what you're preaching?

No, not a chance.

Does that same being technically still have access to the same Truth?

Yes.

Will a being at Spiral Dynamics Blue2 (the unnamed stage above Coral) understand all you've said, but with totally different depth and explicate it in a totally different way if he/she was asked to?

Yes.

Is that same being accessing some higher Truth than you?

No.

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

the good old shoot the messenger so I don't have to take seriously the implications of the message

One question to consider,

Who shot the messenger? ;)

5 minutes ago, Gnosis said:

@VeganAwake For lack of a better way of putting it, it's clear you're obsessed with one perspective and what has been written here (in the original post) has totally gone over your head. 9_9

Importance is relative.

Consider that sometimes the Truth as you conceive it isn't what's most important.

Can your stomach grok that?

Will a being at Spiral Dynamics stage Red accept or value what you're preaching?

No, not a chance.

Does that same being technically still have access to the same Truth?

Yes.

Will a being at Spiral Dynamics Blue2 (the unnamed stage above Coral) understand all you've said, but with totally different depth and explicate it in a totally different way if he/she was asked to?

Yes.

Is that same being accessing some higher Truth than you?

No.

One question to consider,

Who shot the messenger? ;)

Cool story bud and isn't it incredible it's all happening within THIS...

Nothing happens outside of THIS...

Pertaining to your question about who shot the messenger, that would be the illusory separate sense of self and the same separate sense of self that got triggered to write this statement...

Cool right...?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

38 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Really like what? ❤

All that's happening is what's happening.... there's no big mystery to what's going on.

Either you believe you are a separate individual or you have awakened to the realization you are Oneness... simple as that ...

Everything else is incomprehensible boundless freedom with no meaning purpose or value whatsoever.

It's Freedom it's Paradise it's heaven on Earth it's what's happening...

You use hearts just like a southern lady uses the expression "Well BLESS YOUR heart" as a polite way to say f-you. xD

There are a lot of people I know if "real" life who won't watch Leo's videos because they automatically assume they already know what he's saying, or because the videos are just "too long". There are infinite depths of understanding what you think you already know. There is also something creepier going on when you listen to a higher consciousness person talk, a transmission of some kind that you can feel and experience. I'm not assuming that we all resonate with the same teachers though. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You use hearts just like a southern lady uses the expression "Well BLESS YOUR heart" as a polite way to say f-you. xD

There are a lot of people I know if "real" life who won't watch Leo's videos because they automatically assume they already know what he's saying, or because the videos are just "too long". There are infinite depths of understanding what you think you already know. There is also something creepier going on when you listen to a higher consciousness person talk, a transmission of some kind that you can feel and experience. I'm not assuming that we all resonate with the same teachers though. 

Hehe, the southern lady thing is funny...

I really do it as a kind gesture to illustrate the unconditional love I have for everyone whether it appears we are in agreeance or not ❤ ?

I was a hardcore Seeker for a couple years prior to liberation( beginner's luck samadhi experience)... after Liberation occurred what was recognized is everything is absolute complete freedom...

You are free to seek knowledge for the rest of your life or sit on your couch eating cookies none of it matters whatsoever..

We are already whole free complete it's just whether it's recognized or not... and even then it makes no difference at all.

Liberation isn't any better than anything else... it's just something that apparently happens ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

15 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Hehe, the southern lady thing is funny...

I really do it as a kind gesture to illustrate the unconditional love I have for everyone whether it appears we are in agreeance or not ❤ ?

I was a hardcore Seeker for a couple years prior to liberation( beginner's luck samadhi experience)... after Liberation occurred what was recognized is everything is absolute complete freedom...

You are free to seek knowledge for the rest of your life or sit on your couch eating cookies none of it matters whatsoever..

We are already whole free complete it's just whether it's recognized or not... and even then it makes no difference at all.

Liberation isn't any better than anything else... it's just something that apparently happens ❤

What I love is that the back and forth going on between people on here is absolutely meaningless and empty of any purpose at all. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, it's not going anywhere. It is just happening for no reason at all and that is just so amazing and I love it. The only thing that can be wrong and right is an illusory separate individual that believes that they will achieve personal enlightenment if they get enough information.

Edited by traveler

22 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Pertaining to your question about who shot the messenger, that would be the illusory separate sense of self and the same separate sense of self that got triggered to write this statement...

Everyone knows you're not meant to answer koans so hastily.

You'll get beat over the head with a stick! ;)

Here's another one for you,

Who's getting beat over the head? ^_^

@Preety_India Yes, sorry if I didn’t mention it enough but the cultural issues are very very true, I think Rupert mentioned it in his video, but sorry if I didn’t make that clear, it’s a very cultural thing, although I think that’s also one of the benefits of the teaching coming over to the west potentially, as it allows it to flourish in life. However, this was prevalent in Tantric traditions way before. 

It was more about pointing out the life denying teachings that made it seem like you HAD to deny life, but like you said it is complete freedom to do as you wish whether that’s meditate in a cave or have a family. 

I have great respect for eastern teachings, and often quote Ramana and always say how amazing him and Nisgardatta are, sorry if I offended that was the last thing I was trying to do :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

6 minutes ago, traveler said:

What I love is that the back and forth going on between people on here is absolutely meaningless and empty of any purpose at all. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, it's not going anywhere. It is just happening for no reason at all and that is just so amazing and I love it. The only thing that can be wrong and right is an illusory separate individual that believes that they will achieve personal enlightenment if they get enough information and can convince themselves that they know better than others.  

Yes the highest unteaching or unlearning.

9 minutes ago, Gnosis said:

Everyone knows you're not meant to answer koans so hastily.

You'll get beat over the head with a stick! ;)

Here's another one for you,

Who's getting beat over the head? ^_^

They do that in Kuwait I've seen it...

No one is getting beat over the head but beating over the head can happen.

The separate sense of self would create a long complex story of how unfair it was that 'I' got beat over the head...

1 minute ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Preety_India Yes, sorry if I didn’t mention it enough but the cultural issues are very very true, I think Rupert mentioned it in his video, but sorry if I didn’t make that clear, it’s a very cultural thing, although I think that’s also one of the benefits of the teaching coming over to the west potentially, as it allows it to flourish in life. However, this was prevalent in Tantric traditions way before. 

It was more about pointing out the life denying teachings that made it seem like you HAD to deny life, but like you said it is complete freedom to do as you wish whether that’s meditate in a cave or have a family. 

I have great respect for eastern teachings, and often quote Ramana and always say how amazing him and Nisgardatta are, sorry if I offended that was the last thing I was trying to do :) 

You didn't offend at all. I just pointed it out so as to assist you in having a better understanding. A lot of the times a lack of understanding causes people to completely turn away from Eastern teachings because they can't fit certain aspects in their lives or paradigms. But as with everything else there are pros and cons, things that need to be ingrained or taken and things that need to be ignored to get the maximum benefit out of it. 

I'm glad you are integrating eastern philosophy into your life. It can do a world of good to you, just leave out the cultural aspects because they can be contradictory to your lifestyle and also a lot of the eastern teaching comes with the regional cultural context so while you are reading or hearing about it, it might not make much sense but when you apply the culture to it, then you realize why it is so. 

No you were not being offensive at all. You're a gentle soul. :)

Have a great day. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India yes that’s exactly my point!

I LOVE Ramana, but at the end of the day he lived in a diaper on a mountain and was celibate all his life, yet his teachings are as pure as it gets, that was just his way of expressing this understanding.

Whereas, Ruperts way is his way etc, 

I regard Nisgardatta and Ramana as the 2 greatest wages of the 20th Century, they are amazing, yet Nisgardatta sold Cigarettes and slept with prostitutes after his wife passed away, I probably won’t integrate them parts ?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

53 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

What does knowledge feel like when you find it? What does liberation feel like? What does sitting on your couch eating cookies feel like? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What does knowledge feel like when you find it?

As a separate sense of self it feels like an accomplishment..."I" did it... me-me-me I-I-I.

When there's no one there it's just something that apparently happened.

What does liberation feel like?

Holyshit there is no ME and never was ahhh...

What does sitting on your couch eating cookies feel like? 

As a separate self, like a lazy fat ass bum that's not contributing to society.

As no one, like anything else in existence feels... it's just what's happening.

hehe this was just an example of course...

Ok, what's the difference between knowledge and an insight/epiphany? How do they feel different? 

You didn't tell me how any of those things actually felt, you gave me account of how you judge yourself when you are experiencing them. 

I know this very well, sitting on the couch eating cookies feels like paradise until I think about the size of my ass in the future. 

I want to know how they feel, without judgement or concept but still using words to express the feeling. 

@traveler  this was one of the pictures I drew in Okinawa Japan during one of the big Awakenings.

It was when I was starting to recognize rather quickly that the entire story of the ME character was just a compilation of beliefs ideas perceptions and thoughts that I held about myself and not any real entity  within the human body ❤ ( forgive the horrible spelling)

The tiny circle that says true self ended up being a complete void of emptiness that seemed to collapse back into the infinite energy... it was then I realized I am nothing and everything simultaneously...

Message_1562515961193.jpg

Yep agree. I dont actually meditate for an hour a day(or some other schedule) rather i just meditate 24/7 or just contemplate all day, feels much more integrative that way. Sitting down for an hour or 2 feels like youre isolating yourself from the world. Ever since i started meditating all day and treating spirituality as a lifestyle, things changed massively. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Ok, what's the difference between knowledge and an insight/epiphany? How do they feel different? 

You didn't tell me how any of those things actually felt, you gave me account of how you judge yourself when you are experiencing them. 

I know this very well, sitting on the couch eating cookies feels like paradise until I think about the size of my ass in the future. 

I want to know how they feel, without judgement or concept but still using words to express the feeling. 

There's no real difference between knowledge insights or epiphanies... but to the separate sense of self, everything means something... a story gets created... how does knowledge effect the ME character... how does it supposedly benefit or not benefit ME.

Judgement can still occur, its just not occurring for any one.

There's still a conditioned body here that prefers coffee over tea or white rice over brown rice...

Not that much changes in a certain sense... but the best way to describe how it feels is that it does not feel personal any longer.

If a flat tire occurs it's just what's happening, a story isn't created about why this happened to ME.. the resistance to what is falls away.

A complete surrender to beingness and all that it entails it's a great way to describe the feeling.

When the illusion Falls away everything feels the same and radically different at the same time. ❤

All the students get beat over the head.

Some of them aren't there when it happens.

When they return, it's a different story. ;)

Who's getting beat over the head?