Mongu9719

Why are humans concious but rocks aren’t?

26 posts in this topic

I know @Leo Gura has explained conciousness in detail, but I am still confused by a few things. Why are humans concious? Why are humans able to raise their conciousness, while other animals cannot? Why is a rock not concious? If a rock is something within conciousness, should it not also have the ability to be concious? I’m also confused between self-awareness and conciousness. What exactly is the distinction.  If an animal took a psychedelic, would it become aware of no-self and god-self, would It even be able to understand what happened to it? If a worm has a low level of conciousness, and a human has a higher level of conciousness than a worm, then this indicates that the size of the brain regulated levels of conciousness. If humans are able to reverse engineer all the neural networks and neurons in the brain and make a gigantic brain, would it then automatically be much more concious than us and become immediately aware of the nature of reality?

@Mongu9719 Consciousness is prior to your thoughts, and what your thoughts are ‘made of’. Rocks & animals are consciousness, they don’t believe they are separate.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm but also talks about raising our conciousness to become aware of what conciousness is. How is this possible if everything is pure conciousness? Also if we built an AI that was an exact replica of our brain but much larger, what would it’s “level of conciousness” be. Leo explains that spiral dynamics is a process in which humans collectively become more concious, so if a rock or animal is conciousness and doesn’t believe it is separate from it, then does that mean it’s enlightened and at the top of the spiral?

@Mongu9719 You won’t be able think your way to what you’re wanting to ‘see’ in this regard. You haven’t yet recognized what’s being said. Thought is ‘made of’ consciousness, self. You can try to grasp water all day, but it will continue slipping through your fingers every time. The rock, is pure consciousness, and has no need for reasoning.

The experiential resonance with the absolute source of you...feeling & thought resonance, is ‘your vibration’. It’s only possible because everything is pure consciousness, therefore, ‘it’ is not possible. An AI is pure consciousness too - ‘consciousness’ can be linguistically and medically useful as a reference in the way you are asking, but the term used another way refers to what is prior to experience entirely, & prior to thinking. Soon, average intelligence and wakefulness will be such that the word ‘consciousness’ will no longer be used in ignorance of this.

It’s important not to conflate, but at the same time to notice correlation between the path of an individual, and the path of mankind.  SD’s is not a ‘process’, it is a conceptual model used descriptively, to assist in expanding understanding cognitively. Surely we can derive processes of it, but it is not to be internalized in any concrete way, as not to identify with stages, wether self or other..

Rocks & animals do not have egos, so they don’t have beliefs. In noticing the tendency to project ‘humanness’ / thinking, questioning, onto animals, we uncover a wonderful opportunity to see this transpiring in all our relationships. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The problem is in the question itself. Your already making an assumption that rocks are not conscious but humans are. How could you know that for a fact. The old materialistic paradigms coming back into play. All you know to your expirence is that you are conscious, so rocks you and everything else in it is all made up of consciousness. To assume otherwise is just a belief based on no direct evidence. 

How can you tell a rock isn't conscious? What if it's more conscious than you are?

I like what Ra said:

Consciousness sleeps in the rock, dreams in the animal and awakes in the human.

The entire planet is a rock.  (Yeah a mix of rock and magma) but a rock.   Is God experiencing itself as the earth - yeah in a way - its imagining it.   So in that sense it is all alive and sentient as God.  But is it imagining it is looking through the imaginary eyes of the earth - nah - or it would have eyes.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Humans aren't conscious, humans (and rocks and worms) are appearances in consciousness.

There are no actual humans or rocks or worms or anything else, only appearances in consciousness.

There is no "absolute relativity". The whole delusion from the beginning was to erroneously hold the relative as absolute.

Nor does the sum total of all relativity add up to the absolute. You cannot add up what cannot exist, and you can't reach infinity in increments.

Relativity is strictly illusion, smoke and mirrors. Void is absolute, infinite, changeless, timeless, formless, etc. in other words nondual.

Void is the mirror. Void is the only reality, appearance is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

We are such stuff as dreams are made on. And Leo is deluded for reifying appearance itself. ;)

Would you be willing to stab yourself in the hand right now with a knife... I wonder if it would still seem like smoke and mirrors?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

50 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Would you be willing to stab yourself in the hand right now with a knife... I wonder if it was still seem like smoke and mirrors?

You would feel the pain but only because you as God are imagining you would feel the pain.  This is a dream.  It's just consciousness.  And what is consciousness? Nothing. Zilch.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Thus is the inner 12-year-old revealed.

Geez that was a shity come back... I was trying to get you to explain your void reality a little better ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Just now, VeganAwake said:

Geez that was a shity come back... I was trying to get you to explain your void reality a little better ?

@Johnny5 yeah for such a bright guy I kinda feel let down :)?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You would feel the pain but only because you as God is imagining you would feel the pain.  This is a dream.  It's just consciousness.  And what is consciousness? Nothing. Zilch.

Yes you would feel the pain whether you believe you are God imagining it or an evolved great ape ancestor from The Big Bang.

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes you would feel the pain whether you believe you are God imagining it or an evolved great ape ancestor from The Big Bang.

An evolved great ape ancestor is still God :)?  and so is the big bang.

Break outa the materialist paradigm my brother! 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Mongu9719 You're overlooking the obvious: the human body is NOT conscious!

Your body has exactly as much consciousness as a rock. The only difference is, you think you are a body whereas a rock does not think it is a rock.

The reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you assume you were born. This is the key mistake. A rock isn't burdened by such an assumption.

Your birth is imaginary. As a result of imagining your birth, you imagine consciousness belongs to you but not to a rock.

You misunderstand the rock because you misunderstand yourself. And you misunderstand yourself because otherwise you could not be born! Your birth itself is a misunderstanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

An evolved great ape ancestor is still God :)?  and so is the big bang.

Break outa the materialist paradigm my brother! 

Well according to that theory the Materialist Paradigm would be God as well... so what is there to break out of?

Hmmm ?

Wait is this shity come back day...jk