Chumbimba

Brain Fog

11 posts in this topic

It feels like my head has bricks in it all the time (I guess that why my mom called me block head growing up xD) but anyways its really hard for me to read or meditated because my mind isn't sharp. I really have been improving on my diet. More vegetables and no dairy or cheese and I cut out sugar, but my mind still feels like it's performing less than optimal 

If you've gone Vegan, could be you need some DHA/ EPA supplements for Omega 3s, while going plant based is amazing, you need to fully do research beforehand to see how to replace all of the nutrients meat and dairy were providing before. I didn't do this properly and suffered because of it. It's why there's lots of 'Anti-Vegans' out there these days, most people on YT chat a lot of shit when it comes to nutrition. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I think if u do half ass vegan diet u will run into problems. And many just follow this even they feel shit, and they even claim online how wonderful they feel, even many of  them are not. Its maybe fear. You can ofc feel good after coming off eating this wonderful american diet

@Chumbimba get some raw cocoa beans although that might blow up the foggy cloud for a while more, in the beginning i ate sometimes more than 10, but 3 to 4 a day is enough, makes you feel more alive. and you could try brahmi or ashwaghanda for the concentration part. although against an imbalance maybe triphala would give you a more down to earth connection. triphala is an ayurvedic detox agent.

the reason oftentimes is a mixture between detox and nutrition - you will want to get out what is not healthy and add what you need - for example you would want to ensure the vitamin b levels, vitamin d levels and make sure you have enough magnesium. a blood test for example once a year to check on all important factors.

what i also recently do is more endurance sports - i chose the bike but some people like running. the oxygen intake somehow feels really good and gives this brain crisp feeling, especially in cold weather somehow.

Edited by remember

More food will not solve body/brain issues. Less food and fasting will.

Supplements can help while you are transitioning but eventually you will no longer need those either.

Your body needs to fast to heal. Fasting is the purest and truest way to heal body/brain back to optimal levels.

Fasting allows us to go deepest layers of our body and remove all those toxins, heavy metals, parasites, biofilms and the other stuff that prevents us from function at optimal levels. If you keep adding food, regardless of how healthy it is, you will never get to those deeper issues because the body will always be busy dealing with the food that is presented every day.

Buy a good water fasting book and do it for 1 - 2 weeks, it will change your life.

If water fasting is too much try fruit detox for 1 month then see how you feel.

Fruit is the only food that can mimic fasting to some degree and aid in detoxification process of the body.

Some people do intermittent fasting or OMAD(One meal a day) which works for many but if you are still having body/brain issues then its because you have toxins that are too deep to detox with food in our system. We need to allow the body to use its natural intelligence and do what it does best.

Herbal Tea fasting is another option you can try

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto I'm a HUGE proponent of fasting but this could be potentially dangerous advice. 

If he's never fasted before jumping into an extended fast could be disastrous, would certainly need to 1) Clean up his diet of processed and shitty foods if there is any 2) Get blood work and see if there are any deficiencies and supplement/ Add food to solve these accordingly 3) Start an easier 12-16 fasting protocol for a period of time to see if his body responds to fasting well, gradually working up to longer fasts and trying Monthly/ Bi-Weekly/ Weekly 24 Hour fasts before jumping into an extended fast without medical supervision. 

I'm really glad these things helped you, but nutrition isn't a one size fits all approach, and there's plenty of examples of extended fasts doing more damage than good in some cases, especially when the body isn't prepared for such a thing. 

I feel in the OPs case he is not ready for such extreme measures and would be more sensible to try 'easier' things first and deal with those. 

However, as I said I STRONGLY agree Fasting is amazing for the body for a number of reasons, and Fruit is also incredible, however, to me this seems like throwing someone in the deep end when they can barely swim. 

@Michael569 could you chime in here a bit more. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Germo Yes, easier than ever to be an unhealthy vegan in this day and age. 

However, Whole Foods Plant Based eating is another thing altogether. Doesn't involve Many (if any) fake meats, processed bars etc etc and focuses on real, healthy, nutritional food. 

I, also fell in the trap of being an unhealthy vegan- lots of fake meat, processed shit and just crap because it was vegan I thought it was okay. 

It is common sense to apply critical thought but is it not quantum physics we are discussing. A simple fasting book as a guide is sufficient. I am a simple being, i live by simple laws of nature and everything flows because nature is my teacher not man. Complications are what causes all the weakness and unintelligence in modern human which lead to disasters. The body is not going to fail you, fasting is a big part of our evolution, its in our DNA, the overstimulated and undisciplined mind is what fails you.

I understand what you are saying as well, not to confuse, but sometimes people also need the deep end instead of nibbles and teasing. Both have merit.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto I agree, nature is always our greatest teacher, but I feel a more holistic approach is to combine both modern science and nature and listening to our body. As you said both have merit and I'm glad you've found what works for you, I'm currently in a phase of heavy research and reading after years of being a seeker and putting this in the backseat, and also being quite naive that simply Veganism alone was the answer to all of our issues. 

If you get a chance I'd recommend checking out Dr Gregors new book, 'How Not To Diet', talks about how corrupt our food industry is and what we can do about it really (WFPB), also mentions things I think you will like such as Time-Restricted Feeding, I would take his fasting ideas further though. I done my first 24 hour fast last Sunday and felt amazing, it was difficult though. Been doing 16/8 for months, however, feel I will do a 24 hour fast fortnightly to see how my body reacts. 

Currently, also in a small cutting phase, when I'm back in the gaining muscle phase it will now be much more conscious with only a slight increase in calories, done slowly and with Whole Foods, and not processed Vegan junk like before, realized staying 'lighter' overall is much more ideal for overall health and athletic performance in my sports- I'm only 5"8 ish. 

Have you looked much into Sauna use, Cold thermogenesis, fasted light cardio etc? 

@JonasVE12

@pluto can probably help more. 

I mean since there is a lack of calories for an extended period of time, I'm guessing, yes, you would lose weight/ muscle. 

This guy lost a load of weight using water fasting in an attempt to heal, he then quit Veganism after due to gut issues, but didn't realize he had these prior to Veganism, not sure what he's doing now.