Ampresus

Nightmares about the same girl (but not scary ones)

13 posts in this topic

I honestly do not know where else to put this. I thought I should at least give this forum a try before consulting a professional.

Lately I've been getting ''nightmares'' about a girl. I don't know the girl personally, but I know OF her. My friend is good friends with her.

Last night I dreamed of her again. We were normally socializing and playing a game. In the dream she expressed how she was surprised how good I was, and soon enough I was getting all kinds of notifications. Somehow people on the internet knew how she thought of me and wanted to play against me to see if I really were as good as she claimed.
How is this a nightmare? I have had dreams of her before, but then she... ''stole'' my friends. I caught good friends of mine hanging out with her, calling her chill and stuff. Having a past with loneliness, you can understand how I felt during these dreams when all of the sudden my friends were one by one leaving me for a girl I didn't know. A girl with apparently huge influence.

In real life, this same girl actually became friends with one of my closest friends. And yes, that friend eventually left me. I know from a rational point that I am being too irrational about this. The fear of someone stealing my friends is just a projection. But the dreams don't seem to stop. I wake up everytime because of these dreams, being extremely scared (breathing heavily etc.). At some points when I woke up because of it I was 100% convinced all my friends would leave me for her.

Any advice will do. Have a nice day.

Interpreting your dreams is like interpreting real life, very difficult, and you're probably wrong a lot of the time.  Interpreting other people's dreams, and you may as well give up.  But here's my advice and interpretation:

Don't fixate on the girl. It seems to me that the source of the nightmare is that you'll lose your friends (it doesn't matter how). It doesn't seem to be a too unreasonable a fear to have.  Why not instead work through the scenario (while you're awake), confront the fear so to speak. How would life be without any friends? Could your survive?  Would it make you more resilient? Would you be lonely? And so on...

Also. Don't fixate on the dreams. They'll pass.

All stories and explanations are false.

@Ampresus  i would try to refresh the friendship and make friends with her. for me it sounds like you are projecting to be excluded from the two of them - that might happen again when friends of yours become couples and maybe even have babies. but if you realize that the friendship between you and your friend is something else than their friendship - they might even not be that close anymore after a while but the friendship with your close friend might last a lifetime. try to figure out what is the problem, maybe you both just have a phase where you need more distance. eventually you will be good with each other again, of course sometimes people go a different path and if we have to let them go it’s difficult, heart breaking. friendship is also a kind of love, we might sometimes forget that.

Edited by remember

You may be feeling distant with your friends yourself but not admitting it to yourself. In that case, you could have disowned and dissociated these feelings of wanting to end your friendships out of your awareness and projected it onto the outer world: In this case, onto this girl. 

If I were you I would really introspect how YOU feel about your friends yourself and allow yourself to feel that way. 

Bring up the fear. What is the fear really? What is telling you? What does it want? Talk to it. Interact with it until you get to the source of it.

To me this doesn't seem like its about this girl or your friends at all. Rather it's a self deception mechanism of your own psyche. Don't fall for it. Introspect and dig that sucker up.

The language of the subconscious is essentially the same as the language of mind.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, Ampresus said:

Somehow people on the internet knew how she thought of me and wanted to play against me to see if I really were as good as she claimed.

This is very simple to interpret: the dream was unpleasant for you because the subconscious here expressed the fear of others not believing in you or your words.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, Ampresus said:

I caught good friends of mine hanging out with her, calling her chill and stuff.

In this case, the dream was unpleasant for you because the subconscious here expressed the fear of not being seen by others.

It is important to also note here, that your subconscious mind currently believes that you are no longer friends with the friend who apparently left you.

Understand that this is not objective. You should go talk to that friend and discover that you're still friends, and your subconscious mind will shift this belief.

The dreams have nothing to do with the girl that seems to be the focus.

The "popular girl" dream character that your conscious mind correlates to the girl that you know indirectly is a symbol your subconscious mind uses symbolically as a placeholder, so to speak. It can be anyone.

From direct experience, the majority of the time, dream characters that appear in dreams are not correlated with "an individual from real life" during the dream state itself.

In essence, the dream characters only start feeling like some particular person you know, once your conscious mind begins to recall the dream from memory in the morning upon waking.

Best wishes.

What does it mean that they leave you? It sounds like science fiction when you don't give any details... 

@bejapuskas Talking, laughing, hanging out more with the girl than with me. Even though before I used to be incredibly close with these people.

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

It sounds like science fiction when you don't give any details... 

It’s a dream after all...

When you wake up on this nightmare, dont think about it go directly take a freezing cold shower, and repeat the mantra "Fuck that girl, fuck this dream" do this for 2 3 times you gonna release a lot of allocated karma. Just do it.

Hi,

To me it seems that in general you have a traumatic experience from the past with a situation of "losing a friend" and somehow I believe the behaviour of this girl even if you dont really know her is making you feel anxious that eventually will steal your friends.

First of all your friends are your friends and they are not an object that someone can steal from you like a pen or wallet. If your friends are trully *friends why would they leave you if you haven't done anything wrong to them? In general life goes fast and we might interact with certain people from time to time but your friend are always there no matter if you dont see them or dont talk to them for a while.

So please pass to this fear for your benefit and really make a list of who you really call "friend" and if they all fall in the same category. 

Be confident that your happiness does not come from your friends but they can add to it. You should be able to feel happy without friends as wellI. 

Nightmares can sometimes scare us but as soon as you stop thinking of them they will dissolve from your memory. Underneath of your anxious brain your mind plays games with nightmares and other kind of emotions; we humans some times dont understand.

If your nightmare comes again welcome it and let it go. Fall back to sleep and dont try to judge why or what happened and you had this nightmare. 

And after all,  the earth will always support you. 

That's from me and I hope it helps. 

Edited by Antonios

On 12.2.2020 at 10:36 PM, Virgo said:

When you wake up on this nightmare, dont think about it go directly take a freezing cold shower, and repeat the mantra "Fuck that girl, fuck this dream" do this for 2 3 times you gonna release a lot of allocated karma. Just do it.

that’s such a bullshit. this can enforce aggression.

it‘s s projection of powerloss onto someone else, but she is not the problem the problem is the fear of loosing people because they are close to other people - if her or someone else, does not really matter. it’s a form of jellousy and trying to solve this with such a low red lower chacra dumb ass method will not solve his problems on a spiritual higher level.

Edited by remember

Ok I get you. 

Get it out of your mind somehow, work on yourself, contemplate the situation from all the other people's perspective so that you get a more holistic understanding of the situation, be radically honest, that's axiomatic.

Then you can try to find another friend group, maybe outside school and get an immediate feedback on your growth, if they naturally flow towards you and you have a good feeling about it, then you can try to see if you can maybe rebuild those old relationships if you think they are worth it.

Look at people who you have left in your life, what do they have in common (with you)?

Hope this helps, it might take months though

On 2/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, remember said:

that’s such a bullshit. this can enforce aggression.

it‘s s projection of powerloss onto someone else, but she is not the problem the problem is the fear of loosing people because they are close to other people - if her or someone else, does not really matter. it’s a form of jellousy and trying to solve this with such a low red lower chacra dumb ass method will not solve his problems on a spiritual higher level.

Well I did not fully explain myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My approach on the subject would be smth like, contemplate on the issue. The cold freezing shower is something that you do so you can give yourself more brain power or energy. Me personally I dont suffer loneliness and nvr will. Iv been living in the US for about 2 years and I love my ppl I miss them but in the same time I'm like mehhh we have only 1 life, plus we are 7.6 billion ppl on the planet wer nvr alone. Also he needs to watch leo video "how to let go". I did not understand what you mean by "higher lvl" what do you mean by "higher"?

@Virgo it means to stop projecting negatively onto someone else in a way where you try to make that person the scapegoat for your own fears. or if it was meant to release frustration in a sexualized way towards the woman because she is a woman and that’s a way to release frustration, it’s very low because it means you try to release yourself subconsciously aggressively into a power position above the woman what means that you will act towards women in your everyday live from a low level of red - lower chakra aggression loop.

in some sense, why is it not the friend who left him but the woman who took the friend? - i would rather find out how tricky the subconscious plays on me than solving the situation by tying everything to that one person.

real shadow work will reveal more about himself and maybe give him the chance to find the real source for the problem, instead of suppressing it. 

Edited by remember