Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DreamScape

God knowing himself

43 posts in this topic

It is said that god has a curious desire to know himself. 

Since reality is infinite, in many directions at once, is it really possible for god to ever fully know himself?

Genesis 27:27-29

Yes it is god has had eternity to do so he’s been threw everything there’s there to see

I believe the answer is yes and no since God can be infinite and finite much like all of us all at the same time. existence is a strange paradox...

My thought is that since everything is infinite, then he cannot because when "he has explored all there is to explore" theres still an infinite amount to explore... although with infinite time to explore, he'll be able to. So I agree with yes and no like the above 

I wonder if maybe your question requires the assumption of a timeline, and is about (insert blank here ) which does not exist, in time. 

Or, it's just all holistically actual, direct, and now. The end of time merging with the beginning of time. What time? 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

You are implying a separation between "God" and "eternity". As if there was a separate entity that could or could not become aware of eternity.

God is eternity. It's one and the same. Just different labels. 

If God is aware of God... Eternity is aware of eternity.

Are you?

Well actually maybe not infinity is your DIRECT EXPERIENCE IN THE PRESENT .You don’t really know what the present holds you dont have the feeling of oh ive done this before so i think all the stuff your experiencing now is brand new infinity .it is tricky to think about because eternity is forever 10000000years with trillions more 0”s behind this number isnt even a .1 dent i to eternity and it will never will be you would think that will all that time you would explore infinity well infinity doesn’t have a beginning or end so i guess thats the beauty of infinity always something new to explore for eternity no matter how long eternity is .pay attention more to your dreams they have so many things different plots and realitys there truly beautiful i think dreams are you exploring the vast beauty of infinity 

16 hours ago, DreamScape said:

Since reality is infinite, in many directions at once, is it really possible for god to ever fully know himself?

The movie projector really is a great analogy so I'm not gonna recreate the wheel.   But if you take a movie reel and see it as One - that's God in its purest form.  This is everything at once as pure potential.  So from that sense it knows itself all at once.    But it doesn't know itself experientially.

But in order to know itself experientially it needs to play through each slide in a linear fashion.   This will go on forever, since it is Infinite.

And the dance of Consciousness is the dividing of itself into the separate slides and then unifying back with the whole reel which goes on forever as well.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Would / could it still, if it did? 

Is reality & God a duality?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Itself. Exploring itself. Learning about itself. 

Edited by DreamScape

@Nahm hmm.. well I'd say "the knower," because "the knower" would be a created identity.

@Nahm Haha shoot.. you hit me with a truth bullet

I guess I don't. ?‍♂️

Well being is prior to knowing. Which is consciousness. "Knowing" through the intellect just seems to all be created by consciousness. 

So god is completely aware of himself because god is awareness itself 

I´d day God knows himself only by intuition or direct experience

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?