mandyjw

Why is there something rather than nothing line of questions and contemplation.

29 posts in this topic

Why is there something rather than nothing? Why is there duality? Why must everything have an opposite? 

What was (are? I wrote "was" instead of are, which is era spelled backwards, btw) we doing here, realizing the underlying transcending oneness of duality itself? The nondual and the dual can never be separate. The one is many, it's always many, it can never NOT BE MANY, just as it can never NOT BE ONE. Is this true, or am I bullshitting myself?

Did I not choose to bullshit myself, am I not the magician putting on a show and the audience together for the purpose of entertainment? 

DOCTRINE says it's ONE. It's ONE MOTHER FUCKERS. (doctrine, the doctor's in, and it's been doctored. No illness, no doctor) 

Why the back and forth? Why the good and bad? Why when I got sick when I was a kid, really sick, all my desires and identifications disappeared and there was suffering. There was studying the patterns on the linoleum of the floor, and existential questioning, a desire for death over suffering. And when it lifted there was a bliss state. Or when I had my wisdom teeth out, 18 hours later, there was a bliss state. Is the bliss state just a "goody" as Preetom says? Is it something more or is that wishful thinking? Is it like the cork shooting back to the surface after it's been held down, far under the surface of the water? The further you hold the cork down, the higher it shoots out of the water from the pressure, it's like loading a gun.

Fear is a tricky thing. It's afraid to be wrong. Where does wrong start and right begin? 

Fear is afraid to venture out for fear that it will suffer because of it. The desire to transcend conditions itself CANNOT come out of fear. It must come out of love. Fear is resistance, cutting itself off. It is afraid of itself, and yet it serves itself. This flip state seems to be the entire purpose of our existence. No fear, no courage.

So then, what is the difference between fully accepting conditions and transcending them? Is not fear and depression a beautiful building up to their opposites, and then, where does the fear end and love start?

Does not the view from a high cliff on a mountain stun and awe, where fear and beauty merge and are felt fully? Where does depression end and happiness start? 

Where do they meet in the middle? Do they cancel each other out?

So then, how can there be opposites at all if one does not have a beginning or end, if they cancel themselves out in the middle, what is the middle called? What is the opposite of energy? 

Where does the question stop and the answer begin? 

So why is there something rather than nothing?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Aren't you having fun, @mandyjw?

Nothing is not-a-thing. It isn't.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki It's only fun till you've had e nuf. No one remembers exactly when that was though. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There is no such thing as no-thing.
To ask "Why is there something rather than nothing" is similar to asking "Why is the Moon made of cheese rather can carrots?".
Nothing is not a thing. Nothing cannot possibly be, that is what it "is".

On the existential level, you can ask "why anything exists?" and the answer is God!
How anything exists? The answer is: Love!
What loves that something (everything)? The answer is Nothing!
God is so selfless that it does not exist and it loves so hard that things do exist.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

15 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

why is there nothing rather than something?

xD:x

14 minutes ago, tsuki said:

There is no such thing as no-thing.
To ask "Why is there something rather than nothing" is similar to asking "Why is the Moon made of cheese rather can carrots?".
Nothing is not a thing. Nothing cannot possibly be, that is what it "is".

On the existential level, you can ask "why anything exists?" and the answer is God!
How anything exists? The answer is: Love!

The atheist and the believer are one. God and Love are taking it a step too far. Where does the question stop and the answer begin?  We're on the same page.

Edited by mandyjw

4 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Where does the question stop and the answer begin?

Silence, meditation, yoga, etc

42 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Is this true, or am I bullshitting myself?

Where is duality without a thought?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

NOTHING contains SOMETHING (everything) and as such is not apart from it.

just like the EMPTY CANVAS contains the PAINTING... there's just ONE "thing" / "object" / "oneness" there... 

call it painting or canvas or the name given to the painting... it's all in superposition, as ONE

as @tsuki  said, you can ask "why anything exists" which is to say... why is the canvas not blank... why is there a painting on it...

and the answer: because this empty canvas happens to have infinite creative potential and it simply pours out of it... like a flower has it's fragrance. it simply IS that way . beyond a why/how... it just IS

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Where is duality without a thought?

Oooo...

Why does there seem to be connection and disconnection? How can there be connection without disconnection? How can there be connection if there is no me? How can there be disconnection unless there are two or more?  Why does connection feel good and disconnection feel bad? Why does it seem like when I'm disconnected, I can't connect? Why do I make two out of the one? Who does this serve? 

Am I the problem or the solution? xD

@Nahm Me neither. 

Hmmm. . . to me the question "Why is there something rather than nothing?" assumes there is an actual thing called "something" that is distinct from "nothing".

I can't begin to contemplate "why" there is a difference without knowing if and what that difference is. If someone asked me "why is there grictlef rather than nixqat?", I would need to know if there is difference between "grictlef" and "nixqat" prior to answering why there is that difference.

If one goes "prior" and contemplates: "what is something?", "what is nothing?", one can observe the mind and body create stories of what "something" is relative to "nothing". 

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Why the back and forth?

What would constrain it?

Can't you see that if a thing is ONE, it can have no constraints.

Why the good and bad?

No bad, only Good. Bad is your mind judging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If one goes "prior" and contemplate: "what is something?", "what is nothing?", one can observe the mind and body create stories of what "something" is relative to "nothing". It can be really creative and fascinating to watch. 

I like this.

The question got sparked in another thread in which I was remembering my religious background and remembered really doubting my faith and questioning it and then I asked myself, "but what is THIS? How could God be any more impossible than THIS" and I realized that depression and doubt always sort of lead to or came from that question, what is THIS right in front of me, how is it possible?

And I realized the same exact question was asked when I asked what is happiness and what is depression, or why do I experience both and can I have one without the other? What is doubt and what is knowing? And oh, how I trick myself into wanting one thing over the other. 

I've been asking the same question my entire life. Different words, same question. 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What would constrain it?

Can't you see that if a thing is ONE, it can have no constraints.

No bad, only Good. Bad is your mind judging.

Woah. Ok.

The mind is continuously and sneakily taking Good and trying to make it into good, and then it feels bad. And even this is Good. 

@mandyjw Yup, now you're getting it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does energy have an opposite?

If we're made of "particles", moving (back and forth, all around) so fast it's as if they are still, or we are made of movement or energy itself, we are literally made of, ARE back and forths... without restraint. 

The "without restraint", or nothing, must be the "opposite" of energy? xD That's... well, miraculous. 

So if energy is light... Love. Its opposite is not, it's without restraint. 

Edited by mandyjw

MIND/THOUGHT  creates all opposites. meaning is created and then opposites are created. useful for navigating/functioning, but nothing really there absolutely.

there are no opposites in reality.

all opposites are the same thing looked at from a different view.

up/down
heads/tails - still a coin

@mandyjw

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei :x

Love without restraint